PS4 announcement in February rumour

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5979203]Mynd...gonna skip the PS3 and get a PS4 right away?[/QUOTE]

I'll get whatever one comes out at the right price with the right features.
But like last time, I wont be buying until both are well known.

To be honest, the PS3 hadn't launched at $1300 here, I might have bought one, but soon as I new NZ price, I never considered it.

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5978744]Considering Sony have no games announced for the 2nd half of this year i'd say that's a pretty good sign.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]
Beyond: Two Souls and probably something else revealed at e3.

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 5979205]I'll get whatever one comes out at the right price with the right features.
But like last time, I wont be buying until both are well known.

To be honest, the PS3 hadn't launched at $1300 here, I might have bought one, but soon as I new NZ price, I never considered it.[/QUOTE]

Buy from America. I did. Got it half the price before it was even released in NZ

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5978744]Considering Sony have no games announced for the 2nd half of this year i'd say that's a pretty good sign.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Its not Sony you should be watching, its the big companies like Capcom, EA, Konami & Square
Konami & Square are the ones to watch as MGSV & GZ are current gen & Square has two FF titles that have yet to be released
While I expect a announcement this year I do not expect any Nextgenning this Christmas for us
And before you say it Sony/MS don't want MGS & FF popping up during the release of PS4/720 and neither does the developers of those games unless there is BC but even still it will effect sales
Unless they don't expect to shift many
We'll see anyway, I'm sure they'll find a good release spot

Sent via Codec

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Kopkiwi, post: 5979823]Buy from America. I did. Got it half the price before it was even released in NZ[/QUOTE]
How did you get on with power?

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="claud3, post: 5979864]Can I just say one thing

LIES and then some[/QUOTE]
This.

Expect a PS4 launch March 2014.

I have heard nothing that would convince they are anything but about 6 months behind MS in terms of devs kits etc.

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 5981533]This.

Expect a PS4 launch March 2014.

I have heard nothing that would convince they are anything but about 6 months behind MS in terms of devs kits etc.[/QUOTE]

And you expect 720 earlier?
No offense but we would have seen one by now
I only know one console that has been announced then launch straight away and that was the Sega Saturn and that was terrible
I hear people say 360 launched quick after E3 showing but we knew of it before so I'm kinda find it hard to believe any console is releasing this year until they show their cards and if they what they got is adequate, cuz I ain't jumping into a rushed console launch with PS3/360 games in 1080p
And Watchdogs and Starwars are current gen in my eyes, they both need to wow me

Sent via Codec

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="TGO, post: 5981537]And you expect 720 earlier?[/quote]

I expect the 360 in November 2013
Which the 720 beta kits, or the Ps4 alpha kits. Take either report, but either way you cut it, it still means the 720 is about 6 months ahead in development. Or the rumors of the 720 being taped last year, and now in chip production? Or the 720 alpha dev kits we have seen. There are TONNES of evidence to support the 720 launch this year.
I only know one console that has been announced then launch straight away and that was the Sega Saturn and that was terrible
I hear people say 360 launched quick after E3 showing but we knew of it before so I'm kinda find it hard to believe any console is releasing this year until they show their cards and if they what they got is adequate, cuz I ain't jumping into a rushed console launch with PS3/360 games in 1080p

Sent via Codec
Not sure why you think I think either is launching soon.

The 360 was announced and launched in the same year, but it was still nearly 6 months later.
I expect the same timetable from MS again, E3 announce, Nov launch.

Sony will rush to get it out at the same time, I expect it in March 14.

Last edited:

MonkeyClaw

Elite Guru
Oct 18, 2006
[QUOTE="TGO, post: 5981537]And you expect 720 earlier?

Sent via Codec[/QUOTE]

The reason the Saturn failed so badly was because they blindsided everyone with its release with little to no promotion, it had a pathetic game lineup and it ended up getting overshadowed by the Playstation. Everyone (myself included) was expecting it to come out at a later date and to walk into Software Etc. (remember that place!) to see if for sale just dumbfounded me. It is hard to sell something when nobody knows it is out...and the fact it cost $400 when it released (I know this because I stupidly bought one!) didn't help matters either. So you have: Early released console + no advertising or promotions + poor game lineup + high cost = Destined To Fail!