PS4 Architecture Naughty Dog SINFO Analysis & Technical Breakdown

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
Far too long to properly quote. It's actually very exhaustive and goes on to debunk some common theories about latency gaps between the GDDR5 and standard DDR3 in terms of CPU access. It is clear that the APU is Volcanic Island generation in architecture. It also explains how HUMA works in the PS4 and the purpose in design to allow GPGPU to write to the buffer parallel to the command thread from the CPU. You'll have a much easier time understanding what the PS4 is about by checking this out. Enjoy the read.

http://www.redgamingtech.com/ps4-architecture-naughty-dog-sinfo-analysis-technical-breakdown/

Last edited:

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
Great read. Explained in easy to understand language too. Theres a tech guy on You Tube that covers similar stuff and even did a technical breakdown of the UC4 demo we all saw. I'll get his channel name and post it here since I cant do links with this Ps4 browser.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6431005]Great read. Explained in easy to understand language too. Theres a tech guy on You Tube that covers similar stuff and even did a technical breakdown of the UC4 demo we all saw. I'll get his channel name and post it here since I cant do links with this Ps4 browser.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely enjoy that. Turns out, the PS4 is a pretty impressive tech piece for a machine that rolled out in 2013.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Lefein, post: 6431011]I would definitely enjoy that. Turns out, the PS4 is a pretty impressive tech piece for a machine that rolled out in 2013.[/QUOTE] NX Gamer or NXGamer. Forget if he spaces it out.