[PS4] Child of Light

Dec 1, 2014
Omaha NE
Child of Light (PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox 1, PC)

Child of Light can be digitally downloaded on PSN for 15$. The game is a 2D Action RPG with beautiful art (maybe hand painted?)
The story plays out like a fairy tale, being centered on the ancient city of Lemuria. You play a girl named Aurora who has fallen into a deep sleep. She awakens in a dream world and needs to find her way back home. During your journey you will develop her character and gain new allies.

My favorite part about this game is that it is very poetic. All dialogue in this game is spoken in the form of rhymes or riddles. It really adds to the atmosphere of the game and gives it something unique. As I mentioned earlier, the graphics in this game are just breathtaking! There were times throughout my adventure that I had to just stop what I was doing and admire the scenery.

Child of light features a battle system which incorporates a timeline. The timeline is a single extended bar on the lower screen which determines when a character can carryout their turn. Each character has their own timeslot on the timeline, and as battle moves, so does each character. The timeline can be manipulated a bit, making battles feeling fresh everytime, I really liked it the system!

If interested, there are also 3 DLC packs - light pack, dark pack, and golem pack (something like that) that are about 10$ total ... adding more meat to the game.

Bottom line: for 15$-25$, this game is completely worth it .... I loved every moment of it! Highly recommended!

Launch Trailer

[video=youtube;45SIsoPg8K4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45SIsoPg8K4[/video]​

Last edited:

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Aww, thanks for contributing dude. This section was my baby but it's been neglected. Im going to give this place some love come the new year...update the index etc.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Dec 1, 2014
Omaha NE
[QUOTE="TacticalHugging, post: 6403863]Great review. Bought it in may, it really is great.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, and it was suprisingly good. I did not expect it to be as good as it is.

Dec 4, 2014
My favorite part about this game is that it is very poetic. All dialogue in this game is spoken in the form of rhymes or riddles. It really adds to the atmosphere of the game and gives it something unique.