[PS4]Destiny Review

Tactical

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2014
Destiny for me is the pinacle of what an "OK" game is. Destiny is competent in various ways for instance the graphics, gameplay and PvP but that's about it. The story for the most part pretty dull, just plain and forgetful. There are some good parts but they're few and far between. The adjectives I would use for Destiny's characters are pretty much the same as for the story, dull, plain and forgetful, very forgetful. I think if you're lucky you could remember a handful of charcters names. There are two good characters though and I'll let you find them but you won't know much about them until DLC hits(thanks Activision!). Oh and one last thing I'll say about Destiny's single player content is that the mission structure is very repetitive and usually boils down to go to objective, activate ghost, protect ghost from horde, kill some dudes then end with a mini boss. If you want to complete Destiny I would recommend to get some of your friends to play with you, because believe it or not the game's repetitive structure actually works well in co-op and can result in some good times with buddies. Overall Destiny's single player is fun with friends but grindy, repitive and boring without them, also disragard the story for the most part.

Now on to the online components of Destiny, the part of the game which is great alone or with friends. The PvP is made up of 5 game modes which are clash, combined arms, control, rumble and salvage with a varying 6th one which is most likely skirmish, however I wanted more variety and gamemodes. Clash, control and rumble are pretty common among the FPS crowd and left me wanting something ddifferent, but I have to admit it all of these gamemodes included are great, fun and addicting. Veichles are enjoyable although quite scarce(except for your personal cruiser), but they can play a big role in a match if used right. My only issues with PvP is the lack of teamplay, gamemodes and the inclusion of invisible walls in a game that has jetpacks. Last thing I want to say about the online components of the game is raids are great if you can commit and you're sure you can communicate with your teammates.

All in all the good is probably just enough to justify buying the game if you have friends that have it to and can play regularly with you. If you dont have friends with the game you might wanna wait for that price to go down real low just so you can play the great PvP once in a while, or you could just wait for Destiny 2 to see if they've rectified the issues of the original. Anyways that's just my humble opinion and review, just remember it's your money not mine and opinions differ from person to person so my review isn't representative of maybe the general consensus.

Have a good one and thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Nice review, I agree when you say that the game is better with friends! It's not a bad game on it's own but it's not quite as exciting as playing it with your mates!

Tactical

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2014
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6394257]Nice review, I agree when you say that the game is better with friends! It's not a bad game on it's own but it's not quite as exciting as playing it with your mates![/QUOTE]

Yeah Destiny isn't a bad by yourself, it has a few great things that you can appreciate by yourself like the art, gameplay and PvP but whether the few good things about the game is worth £40-50 I'm not sure. I just found a lot more enjoyment playing with friends and my if my mates didn't have the game I would probably feel more disappointed.

Anyway thanks for the compliments on the review! It means alot to have your writing complimented. I might do one for Far Cry 4 or CoD:AW too.