PS4 Pro is a 'half-assed upgrade' says Moon Studios boss

alidayvn

Aug 28, 2019
PS4 Pro is a 'half-assed upgrade' says Moon Studios boss
PlayStation 4 Pro is a ‘half-assed upgrade’ when compared to the upcoming Project Scorpio from Microsoft, the CEO of Ori and the Blind Forest developer Moon Studios has said.

Speaking in a thread on NeoGAF, Thomas Mahler commented, "Scorpio is a next-gen machine with the added benefit that all your old games will still be compatible," he said.

"I guess since NeoGAF is confused [sic], Microsoft will need to do a little work to make it clear to everyone that Scorpio isn't just a half-assed upgrade (which the PS4 Pro kinda is...), but a full blown next-gen machine that's just backwards-compatible to your current library."

The account has been verified by GameSpot and indeed does belong to Mahler. In fact, this isn’t the first time he has been more than a little outspoken about both Sony and Microsoft. Last year, he accused format holders of being ‘insanely secretive....to a stupid degree’ in regards to their new systems. "At least give me the goddamn specs, so we'd know what to build sh*t for,” he wrote.

PS4 Pro was released back in November 2016 and is a more powerful version of Sony’s flagship gaming console, allowing for increased frame rates, improved visuals such as High Dynamic Range, plus 4K resolution. Read our PS4 Pro review to see if the console is worth picking up over a standard model.

Project Scorpio is scheduled for release in holiday 2017, although Microsoft has been keeping mum on the new console since its announcement. However, it has been rumored that a new Halo title may launch alongside the machine, with more details surely to drop at E3.

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
It may not be as powerful as the X1X, but it also came out a year before the X1X. I was indeed happy with the Pro performance improvements at the time. I still like my Pro today. My games look better on the Pro than they did on my original PS4. I also love my X1X.

Dude needs to shut his pie hole.

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
I do love my PS4 pro. Xb1x is more powerful but came out a year later. So it makes sense.
My fan turns on too much on my PS4 Pro. I was thinking about getting a new one, but I will just wait for the PS5 next year.