PS4 registered domain Quantic Dream

Silvy

Master Guru
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/23/quantic-dream-registers-singularityps4com-domain
In the past it's registered HeavyRainPS3.com and BeyondPS3.com.

While its current endeavour of Beyond: Two Souls may not even have a fixed release date yet, it seems Quantic Dream is wasting no time on starting its next project.

The French developer has registered the domain name for SingularityPS4.com (spotted by Kotaku). In the past, the company has registered both HeavyRainPS3.com and BeyondPS3.com, so it seems pretty likely that the studio is already working on creating a game called Singularity for Sony's PlayStation 4.

What's really interesting here though is the fact that the domain name has PS4 in it rather than Orbis. Despite rumours to the contrary, this suggests that Sony will be sticking with the 'PlayStation X' naming convention that's served it so well up to now.

The game's unlikely to retail with just the Singularity title though; thanks to the existence of the unsuccessful 2010 shooter, Activision holds all the rights to that name in multiple territories. As was the case with the Beyond domain though, just because a subtitle isn't present initially doesn't mean one won't be attached before the game is officially debuted.

Quantic Dream's current project, Beyond: Two Souls, stars actress Ellen Page and is expected to release sometime this year. Considering it's already been revealed that the script is 2,000 pages long though, it's probably not overly surprising that we haven't got a fixed date just yet.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
What's really interesting here though is the fact that the domain name has PS4 in it rather than Orbis. Despite rumours to the contrary, this suggests that Sony will be sticking with the 'PlayStation X' naming convention that's served it so well up to now.
I knew they would. The whole '4 is an unlucky number in Japan' thing seemed contradictory (e.g. Persona 4, Metal Gear Solid 4 etc).

Last edited:

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="Blacksite, post: 5992901]I knew they would. The whole '4 is an unlucky number in Japan' thing seemed contradictory (e.g. Persona 4, Metal Gear Solid 4 etc).[/QUOTE]

Biohazard 4, Final Fantasy IV, Devil May Cry 4
There are many Japanese titles with 4 in them

Sent via Codec

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 5992955]Continuing on the path that the ps3 is about to end on. Exclusives and new i.ps. I can't wait for the ps4.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I have to say on that note that I'm more excited about PS4 than I am 720. Especially if MS is putting Kinect in every console. I dont like the sound of that.

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="radgamer420, post: 5992975]Yeah, I have to say on that note that I'm more excited about PS4 than I am 720. Especially if MS is putting Kinect in every console. I dont like the sound of that.[/QUOTE]

With specs kinda similar to PS4 and Kinect added wouldn't that drive up the costs?
or will MS gimp the system (compared to PS4) in favor of kinect?

Sent via Codec

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="TGO, post: 5992980]With specs kinda similar to PS4 and Kinect added wouldn't that drive up the costs? or will MS gimp the system (compared to PS4) in favor of kinect? Sent via Codec[/QUOTE] Yep, its either one or the other and neither scenario is good. And with built in Kinect core gamer focus doesn't seem likely. Assuming that rumor is even true of course.

May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="TGO, post: 5992980]With specs kinda similar to PS4 and Kinect added wouldn't that drive up the costs?
or will MS gimp the system (compared to PS4) in favor of kinect?

Sent via Codec[/QUOTE]
Not saying they will but MS can easily produce a $700 console and sell it for $400. They can probably afford to take a hit like that because of the extra billions they get from xbl revenue.