PS4 Titles on PS5! (Cross-Gen)

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
How many of those PS4 games are coming to PS5 via cross-play? I think I might want to wait and buy them on full PS5 instead, I know it's picky but I prefer just buy them that way! I don't mind waiting. Not sure full list but. my PS4 is numbered don't think it's gonna last.

The last of Us Part 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Cyberpunk 2077 (unsure)
Watch Dogs Legion
Assassins Creed Ranarok
Black Ops 5
Rainbow Six Siege, re launch! Quarantine!

Division 2 stated they won't be doing cross gen or any B.C. feature for the game to be on PS5. Sad but true.

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
I am knackered for space on ps4!!! now with those games listed to be cross gen or BWC you may say. But still those are being for ps5 also double release ps4 version & ps5 version to drop on shelves. So once it drops on ps5 I'll buy ps5 games instead. I'm not rebuying anything just waiting on ps5 physical release.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
What will be interesting to see is if Sony's plans have changed with Microsoft's announcement of 1st parties being "Remastered" for Series X for free (and Some 3rd parties like Cyberpunkl 2077)

Last gen, TLOU Remastered was the best title at PS4 launch and I'm pretty sure Sony had plans for a TLOU2 & God of War Remastered for PS5 (why not?) ... It will be very interesting to see whether Sony takes the risk of being perceived as non user friendly company (aka "greedy") in comparison to MS or will go ahead and follow suit, Remastering games without a cost... but losing money while they do.

May 20, 2008
What will be interesting to see is if Sony's plans have changed with Microsoft's announcement of 1st parties being "Remastered" for Series X for free (and Some 3rd parties like Cyberpunkl 2077)

Last gen, TLOU Remastered was the best title at PS4 launch and I'm pretty sure Sony had plans for a TLOU2 & God of War Remastered for PS5 (why not?) ... It will be very interesting to see whether Sony takes the risk of being perceived as non user friendly company (aka "greedy") in comparison to MS or will go ahead and follow suit, Remastering games without a cost... but losing money while they do.
im curious about that too. Lately we haven't heard much of anything from them outside of cancelling shows.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011

I bet sony was planing to charge and still gonna charge even accept the downfall for it, but for a reduced price.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com

I don't see why they wouldn't. When this generation started, many games PSN games that I purchased on the PS3 were available to me at no extra cost (I didn't have to buy them again.) They didn't follow the same with their Remastered games I know, probably because it required more development work, from PS3 → PS4.

If PS5 is backwards compatible and is built on the same architecture there is no reason for them not to do it. If they were willing to do it with PSN games they published without the competition doing the same; now with their competition doing it, they almost have to.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Yeah I see Sony doing this again. But if PS4 is disk backwards compatible from what I heard I'm not worried or if they will optimize the PS4 version if you play it on PS5.

To be honest unless there are good exclusive games I'm not jumping to next generation for a while. I hope PS5 is backwards compatible with more than just PS4.

From the sounds of it Square is focusing on cross generation maybe lots of developers will too.

I'm still catching up with games from this generation.