PSM vs. OPM/PTOM, Which PlayStation magazine did you prefer?

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
It's a little confusing, considering PSM became PTOM (PlayStation: The Official Magazine) for 5 years starting in December 2007, after OPM (Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine) was cancelled.

I used to read both magazines, since my brother collected them, while I had subscribed to EGM between 2006 and 2007. Looking back, it was interesting to read from the editors of magazines like PSM and EGM talk about the importance of giving the reader honest opinions and reviews because nowadays you hear the same thing from certain YouTubers (excuse me, "content creators"). More interesting though is what the magazines offered: the latest rumors, original artwork (whether it be cover art or a single-page comic about two game developers), detailed interviews and entertaining last page articles. I think I'm very fortunate to have been one of those readers.

Anyways, between PSM and OPM/PTOM -- please don't crucify me if I failed to mention any other PlayStation magazines -- I would have to say I enjoyed PSM the most. It's not an easy decision though. Like I said, there was something interesting in all of the magazines before they eventually submitted to the omnipresent internet and social media.