PSN error 80710723/80710B23 what can i do?

Dragonfly

Teh Spamfather
Jan 13, 2009
hey guys i've tried getting online with my ps3 which usually worked fine and quite fast and now i keep getting this error 80710723

internet connection test:
Obtain IP address: Success
Internet Connection: Failed

I'm quite pee'd cuz i just got a few new pre-order codez.

help appreciated soooo much and +rep for help!

BTW: i got a surfstick and here is my last setting thing:
Custom
Wired
Auto Detect
IP: Auto
DHCP: Doughnut set

DNS: Manual
primary 208.67.222.222
2ndary 208.67.222.220
MTU: Auto
Proxy server: Do not use
UPnP: Enable

Test Connection:
Obtain IP: Succeeded
Internet Connection: Failed
ERROR: 80710723

NEWEST ONE:
Obtain IP address: Success
Internet connection: success
PSN: FAIL!°!!!

an error has occured you have been signed out of PSN

SessDMC

Forum Sage
Dec 13, 2004
Google is your friend:-

PS3 forum said:
SETTINGS > NETWORK SETTINGS > INERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS > WIRED CONNECTION OR WIRELESS >

WIRED CONNECTION > CUSTOM > MANUAL SETTINGS > AUTO DETECT > AUTOMATIC > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

WIRELESS > ENTER MANUALLY > ( ENTER SSID OR CONTINUE ) > ( CHOOSE SECURITY OR CONTINUE ) > CUSTOM > AUTO > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

I thought I should clarify my experience one last time in hopes that it may help someone. I was able to connect fine for a month before the 1.50 update and then things got really wierd. I have gone through entire days unable to connect to the network and entire days able to connect. Meanwhile I had full use of the PS3 internet browser and no other computer or internet issues. I can currently confirm that if I return my PS3 internet settings the original "automatic" settings I will not be able to connect, with these DNS settings in the PS3 I have no problems.

I have cable internet access through Adelphia with a Linksys WRT54GS router communicating wirelessly with my PS3... GOOD LUCK!

The information I used to create this fix contained a link that has provided us with router specific DNS information to be used if the numbers provided do not work. http://www.opendns.com/start/at_home.php

Now, a day later, I am able to connect with the original automatic settings for everything including DNS. I must also point out that the network performance is much faster using the automatic settings and recommend using alternate DNS settings only when neccessary.
source

further help

Try putting ur PS3 IP in the router DMZ

C

Comatosed

I take it you are putting the surfstick into a pc and then trying to connect through ICS?

Dragonfly

Teh Spamfather
Jan 13, 2009
[QUOTE="Comatosed, post: 0]I take it you are putting the surfstick into a pc and then trying to connect through ICS?[/quote]
yeh crossover cable.

Dragonfly

Teh Spamfather
Jan 13, 2009
[QUOTE="Comatosed, post: 0]and you made sure that ICS is turned on and your PC can connect to the internet?[/quote]
yep

EDIT: now the internet connection works but PSN signs me out:

[80710B23]

i played around with my firewall and now the ps3 has internet connection but psn won't work.

C

Comatosed

[QUOTE="Dragonfly, post: 0]yep

EDIT: now the internet connection works but PSN signs me out:

[80710B23]

i played around with my firewall and now the ps3 has internet connection but psn won't work.[/quote]

Try turning off any firewall you have, including windows firewall.

Dragonfly

Teh Spamfather
Jan 13, 2009
[QUOTE="Comatosed, post: 0]Try turning off any firewall you have, including windows firewall.[/quote]
i found the right exclusion i need for ps3 now.
but the PSN always fails...it sais that connection to psn timed out.

C

Comatosed

[QUOTE="Dragonfly, post: 0]i found the right exclusion i need for ps3 now.
but the PSN always fails...it sais that connection to psn timed out.[/quote]

have you ever been able to get your PS3 online using the surf stick?

Dragonfly

Teh Spamfather
Jan 13, 2009
[QUOTE="Comatosed, post: 0]have you ever been able to get your PS3 online using the surf stick?[/quote]
yeh i got the problem since last week.

Dragonfly

Teh Spamfather
Jan 13, 2009
[QUOTE="Comatosed, post: 0]I really don't know what else to suggest. What has changed since last week?[/quote]
i had 30 day trial of kaspersky and about 3 days before it expired i wasn't able to go online.

C

Comatosed

[QUOTE="Dragonfly, post: 4590854]i had 30 day trial of kaspersky and about 3 days before it expired i wasn't able to go online.[/quote]

and you've tried uninstalling it?

Dragonfly

Teh Spamfather
Jan 13, 2009
[QUOTE="Comatosed, post: 0]and you've tried uninstalling it?[/quote]
it's dead now.
my only problem now is that the PSN connection times out which kaspersky probably didn't do.

Dragonfly

Teh Spamfather
Jan 13, 2009
[QUOTE="efs5030, post: 0]im sure you have tried it already but have you tried resetting your modem and router?[/quote]
i have a surfstick, i plugged it in and out and killed the connection a few times but it's just psn timing out, the internet browser on my ps3 works perfectly.

Svetlana

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2005
England
I'm having difficulties with my PSN also, even though none of the router settings have been altered in any way. PSN last night and today has been exruciatingly slow, taking a lot longer than normal to sign in. Getting online games to work is a lottery and even when they do they're extremely laggy.

Sky is my ISP.

Dragonfly

Teh Spamfather
Jan 13, 2009
[QUOTE="Svetlana, post: 0]I'm having difficulties with my PSN also, even though none of the router settings have been altered in any way. PSN last night and today has been exruciatingly slow, taking a lot longer than normal to sign in. Getting online games to work is a lottery and even when they do they're extremely laggy.

Sky is my ISP.[/quote]
you mean the TV sky? and whats an isp?

NYFAN75

Elite Guru
Dec 10, 2005
NC
Have you checked that your media sharing is disabled??? Maybe that will help you... Other than that I have no idea mate..

Dragonfly

Teh Spamfather
Jan 13, 2009
[QUOTE="NYFAN75, post: 0]Have you checked that your media sharing is disabled??? Maybe that will help you... Other than that I have no idea mate..[/quote]
my newest error code is 80710B23 and yeh they're disabled.
could i do summn with my DNS?

NYFAN75

Elite Guru
Dec 10, 2005
NC
[QUOTE="Dragonfly, post: 0]my newest error code is 80710B23 and yeh they're disabled.
could i do summn with my DNS?[/quote]

It could be but I am not exactly tech savvy... And at this point I don't even know who else you could ask except for sony themselves..

NYFAN75

Elite Guru
Dec 10, 2005
NC
[QUOTE="Dragonfly, post: 0]do you know how to change the ping/mtu on your router?
here's the link to something that could help. my ID is Azurium
http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...hread.id=157789&view=by_date_ascending&page=2[/quote]

Follow DigitalTwisters advice and try that out... It looks like he put the link as well on how to do it. It wouldn't hurt to try it

And no I don't know how to change that stuff..:(

Sep 20, 2008
In a world far far away
I have the same problem with BT voyager and Belkin for Wi-fi its been pretty a** since the start of the summer holiday f***fest I think its either a wi-fi signal or it hasn't been properly connected after my pc got formated.
In short Bt are f*** nuggets