PSN Video Store Problem

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
Not sure if I am in the right place here, but please feel free to move if needed. /disclaimer

So I logged into the PSN store tonight to try to download a video rental for the first time. Everything went well, I got to the download page and chose 'Background Download' once the option was selectable. I was then presented with a error message stating that there was content that needed to be installed before I could perform a background download of the video. I thought nothing of it and proceeded to log out of the store to install the two game demos that I had downloaded previously, but had not yet installed, thinking that this is the content it was talking about.

When I went back into the store to start the download again, the purchase was not logged in my 'Downloads' section of the video store (or the games store for that matter) - when I viewed the movie page again, the red PSN logo was displayed marking that I had already purchased the movie rental and the option to download was completely gone. Basically, i have paid for a movie rental and now have no way to download it. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any way to get my movie? If not, is there any way to get a refund of my four bucks?

This is really crappy and I will most likely not even touch the video store again because of this if it is not resolved. Please help if you can.

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
I will try the number, thanks! No the items isnt in the cart, I did look. Also, I CAN see the transaction in my Account Management - Transaction section. The money was even taken out of my account, but sadly no download.

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
I called them up, got another 877 number to call for my particular type of issue. They cannot figure out what happened jsut yet, but are looking into it and will call me back within 24 hours. They are working to get the movie back into my store for download, if they cant, I will get a refund.

I must say, I was pissed at first and ready to jsut forget the whole movie rental thing, but the ppl at Sony tech support were really nice and knowledgeable - hats off to them. 100% satisfied so far! Thanks guys for the help with the phone number!

Jul 3, 2008
the ppl at Sony tech support were really nice and knowledgeable - hats off to them. 100%
Just want to echo your experience with the Sony Tech Support!

I had a small problem on an add-on I purchased for Folklore and I called them up and they were absolutely helpful and fixed the issue in less then 4 hours.

So Yea, great Tech Support from Sony...............if only we could say the same about SOE Tech support? But that is another issue and naother story.......LOL

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
you lucky americans get this service, while canada doesn't, do you know how saddening it is to get mail in the inbox saying new movie rentals and then not having it on my psn store? i thnk im gonna cry

Tim Quinn

Apprentice
Jun 14, 2008
[QUOTE="DreDayDetox, post: 0]you lucky americans get this service, while canada doesn't, do you know how saddening it is to get mail in the inbox saying new movie rentals and then not having it on my psn store? i thnk im gonna cry[/quote]

What's even sadder is they give us the teaser trailer for their Xam'd Anime series thats exclusive to the PSN... but we cant get the actual show haha. We will get it soon enough though, it just takes time to get through the thick Canadian politics.

As for the OP's issue, I'm glad to hear that Sony's tech support was so responsive, be sure to let us know when everything is sorted out. It's good to see positive feedback on forums when there can be so much negative shenanigans (wow i spelled that right on my first try, woot.)

Cheers,
Tim

Feb 6, 2008
[QUOTE="A D O X 2 5 2 5, post: 0]you shouldve tried the downloads bit in account management, gives you a list of all prev downloads and lets u redownload up to 5 downloads[/quote]

sadly, the videos do not work the same way. you have to read through the EULA for the video store to realize the download terms. much stricter for videos. they can only be on one PS3. Rentals can either be on the PS3 or the PSP, not both and if you take it from the PS3 to the PSP you can not then transfer it back to the PS3 (or re-download it again).

i have yet to see any of the videos i rented appear in my video account management queue. i'm hoping this isn't the same case for the movies i buy but am not ready to try it out then have to call sony support line if i ever get a newer/bigger hard drive and want to download the movie again.

AnzongBoliostro

Superior Member
Aug 16, 2007
I don't think I'll get too much into that, unless I get an external hard drive for my ps3 or something. That's what my brother did and he has a whole bunch of high quality shows on it, but at the same time he downloaded them for free off the internet which seems like a better alternative to paying for em. Plus I'm still fond of renting actual discs and having to download a rental then it not working after acouple days would bother me, I know it's a RENTAL but still... Even if I don't use it though I like it since it's a pretty good alternative to xbox's netflix of whatever.

B

BulletMagnet

[QUOTE="MartiniMan, post: 0]sadly, the videos do not work the same way. you have to read through the EULA for the video store to realize the download terms. much stricter for videos. they can only be on one PS3. Rentals can either be on the PS3 or the PSP, not both and if you take it from the PS3 to the PSP you can not then transfer it back to the PS3 (or re-download it again).

i have yet to see any of the videos i rented appear in my video account management queue. i'm hoping this isn't the same case for the movies i buy but am not ready to try it out then have to call sony support line if i ever get a newer/bigger hard drive and want to download the movie again.[/quote]

Really? Then how come Sony stated them selves at E3 that you could have movies on BOTH at the same time? See the Press Conferance video (No. 2 i think) on the PStore.

May 11, 2007
Hey guys, I tried going to the PSN video store yesterday and could not find it, is there something I need to download or install to have it???