PSP - 3000 - Gran Turismo Edition!

Feb 13, 2008
I normally keep all GT related stuff in the GT thread, but this is more related towards the PSP and Gamescom event...

As if today hadn’t been dramatic enough for GT fans, Polyphony Digital has pulled the Gran Turismo 5 feature list from their website. In its place, they’ve announced the PSP-3000 “Gran Turismo Edition” – which is quite curious, considering how strongly the game has been associated with the new PSP Go. At this point, we don’t have any more details about the availability of this device, only that it’s going to be “released in limited quantity” on October 1st. In all honesty, though, you’d have to be a pretty hard-core fan to pick up the “Gran Turismo Edition”, when you could get the game for free on the new hardware. We’ll keep you updated when we learn more…

Source

Just when I had my hope for the PSP Go, PD goes and does this... Although all it looks like it has is a GT logo, not sure If I would get this over the Go just for that:-|

Nov 19, 2007
Hmmm...if it's just that little logo and a game bundle I don't think it's worth substituting for the Go. Will have to wait to see what they announce.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
Nice, the PSP-3000 is a very beautiful console. We need more pictures of the GT PSP.
Too bad I decided to get a netbook rather than upgrade my PSP-1000.

Wasib

Super Elite
Feb 2, 2007
[QUOTE="zetsurin, post: 0]Sony are busy doing a great job confusing consumers running 2 PSP models in parallel. I can imagine loads of people buying UMDs to use on their new Go.[/quote]

I must say your PSN ID looks remarkably similar to my PS3forum ID :-o; LOL coincidence I guess.

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
As others have said, if its just that GT logo and a bundle, it wouldn't get me picking one up..

Came in here expecting a really cool custom run, white with the red/blue GT logo on the face or something..

GOA510

Elite Member
May 7, 2007
Didn't think a new thread would be needed, so I'll post here....

And I know its posted in the PSU News, just thought I'd post here and get peoples thoughts...

Sony announced today that it will release a Limited Edition Gran Turismo PSP Entertainment Pack on October 20 in North America. The pack will include a downloadable voucher for a white Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, a color only offered through the package deal.

The package will also include the “Mystic Silver” PSP-3000, a copy of Gran Turismo on UMD, a PlayStation Network downloadable movie voucher (title TBA), a 2GB memory stick, and a music voucher good for 10 downloadable songs from Sony Music Pass. That sounds like a pretty good deal, although it’s surprising the game isn’t packaged with the PSPgo.

The complete package will retail for $199.99 USD, while the stand-alone version of Gran Turismo will be available for $39.99 on both UMD and as a digital download. The game itself will be available on October 1, while the new Entertainment Pack comes out on October 20.
Not sure if its enough for you guys to pick up, but I'm pretty interested in it. Like the article says, curious as to why its not bundled with the PSPgo and noticed there isn't the "GT" logo on the PSP-3000. Would be pretty sick if they did a GT5/GT themed PSP like they did for Star Wars and GOW.