PSP Hands.

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
Ok, who else gets PSP hands?

WTF!!? is this guy talking about I hear you say? Well, one thing I've noticed about excessive play due to, FF Tactics, Crisis
Core, Everybodies Golf, God of War and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, is my left hand in particular, ****ing hurts sometimes.
It's not a long pain. it's short and sharp, it's not rsi as far as I keep telling myself and it ain't all the time. Mainly in the morning
or after playing.

My professional opinion, is that it's PSP Hands I'm suffering from. So who else is way on their way to crippling arthritis? I
think they should make a thing to go on the back of the PSP to give larger hands extra comfort. Does anyone have any
solutions?

Ru$$

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2007
Well fortunately I don't play my PSP enough to get PSP hands. But I see what you mean about it sometimes being uncomfortable.

Byoushinn

Elite Sage
Mar 22, 2007
same here actually
for me, it's just the way the PSP is shaped, i have to arch both hands in a way to hold it, it's not painful at all at the time, but after a while my hands do feel a bit stiff.
i play my PSP less than i used to, so its not so much a problem anymore, i just recommend playing RPGs perhaps every hour have a little break and get yourself a drink or something

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
It's hard to give yourself a break sometimes. lol

It's definitely something to do with the small grip for me. The analogue nub makes my left thumb too low. Which is where
a lot of problems come for me. If it had some handles similar to the DS3 to attach, I'm sure my hands would feel better.

I play lying down a lot too so I get pins and needles from holding it over my head. That's just plain sillyness though.

greeble

Apprentice
Aug 27, 2007
I play my psp often and don't get this. (though I play lots of little shifts mostly.) If a game makes heavy use of the analog nub then the thumb sometimes hurts. (like when I played the hell out of MGS: Portable Ops)

However the handheld game that hurt my hands the most was Metroid Prime Hunters. God was that game uncomfortable to play.

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
Yeah. I just played Crisis Core for 2 hours and my hands feel busted. It's definitely the curling up round the back
to support it that does it for me.

Nes Hands! lol

Luckily, on anything before Snes and the MegaDrive, my hands were still young and supple. ;) I'm sure AlexKid
would bust my hands if I still had it. Let alone BombJack. BombJack was the king of the castle.

If they made one side as an alternate battery cover and the other over the screws, you could have original PS
controller style handles. And I wouldn't have old busted hands.

dennie

Dedicated Member
Feb 7, 2007
Canada
I try not to play any action games on the PSP, it will give me a PSP hands for sure. So I use it mainly to play RPGs only. In fact, I only have 7 games total for my PSP :D

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
Aaaaarrrr... for me RPGs get the most extensive play. Leveling up is like crack to me. So... poobum! lol

I think a large part maybe that the old PSP is quite heavy to be sat on curved up fingers. I'm going to U.S and
A for holiday soon. I've bought FF and FF2 for the journey and stay. Something tells me that 12 hour flight is
going to kill my hands to bits!

So bfd_josh, the solution is to only play on the toilet? I'm going to be taking some long dumps then!

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
I don't use my PSP that much, but when I do use play I dont play for very long the screen is kind of bright gives me a headache sometimes if I play for a long time.

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
My only complaint is that my hands go numb and then usually 'pins and needles' sets in. But I also get this with the DS, so i'm not overly worried about it... Just during loading screens i give my fingers a little pump.

I've also cpnsodered getting those Dual Shock like handels for the PSP. I really wish they had some of those for the DS.

Aug 3, 2008
Well, I have never hurt my hand playing my PSP Slim, and I usually play for about 1 hour at a time. Guess I'm fortunate.

pinkflamingoes

Superior Member
Mar 16, 2008
England
I know what you mean, i get pains in my thumbs sometimes. Not so much now coz i dont play it as often as i used to but when i had my ds, and gameboys i played on them for ages all the time and got horrible nast pains in my thumbs which i couldnt think why until i got older haha

hedcase

Apprentice
Oct 18, 2007
Yeah its called R.S.I (repiditive strain injury) and when you get older like me (27) it gets permanent and it f'n sucks. I got it in my left hand after playing too much on my PC.Now I can only play PC games for about 20-30 at a time now or it gets to painful.