PSP2 specs leaked?

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
Found this just now, take it with a pinch of salt...but at least it comes from a reliable source.

Eurogamer.es has had access to internal information about one of the secrets that Sony is now at hand.

We refer to PSP2, but a hardware that has not yet been officially announced for PSP and should happen in the future PSPGo.

With the data obtained could say that at this new portable graphic display could all the brute force of the first Xbox and counting at the same time with the most advanced Dreamcast.

Part of the information we have spoken of as an essential component in a video game system such as your graphics processor.
En este caso estaría basado en una versión multicore del SGX543 de
In this case, based on a multicore version of SGX543 of Imagination Technologies, a provider, among other things, the graphics chips that fit the iPhone.

An approach to increase the peak performance of 133 million polygons per second, exceeding the original Xbox.

Pileup, we see that they have separate caches for data and textures, 8 PE ISP (Image Signal Processor Processing Elements) that significantly improves the fill rate, vec3 extensions / 4 in USSE (Unified Scalable Shading Engine) to double the actual performance vector shaders in the applications and will support OpenGL 2.0 and DX10.

The magic that usually include Imagination Technologies to exponentially increase the performance of its chips this time is given by the tile-based rendering, supported by this family of graphics chips and optimizations in the use of texture cache to reorganize the memory function their place in the final rasterizado.

It also includes an old acquaintance of the users of Dreamcast, the now so fashionable Deferred Rendering.

Recall that a solution to alleviate complex scenes eliminating overdraw not draw the geometry that is hidden in the final scene.

This information, of course, come from a project that is still under development, and that Sony has not yet confirmed or denied anything.
Sony no debería demorarse mucho más allá de finales de año para anunciar esta nueva itineración portátil de la marca Playstation.​

Sony should not be delayed much beyond the end of the year to announce this new brand itineración portable Playstation.
"Eurogamer Spain has had access to internal information about the graphic specs of the upcoming PSP 2, which should be announced at the end of the current year. PSP 2 will feature a SGX543 graphics processor, made by Imagination Technologies. It will run 133 million polygons per second, more than the original Xbox. It will also feature Dreamcast features such as Deferred Rendering"

http://translate.google.com/transla...aficas-de-la-psp2&sl=es&tl=en&history_state0=

:)

SnakeDevil

Elite Guru
Feb 16, 2007
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 0]The next generation of portable device should be nearing the graphics of the PS3..just like the PSP is nearly as good as the PS2..[/quote]

:lol:

Wow.

R

Rapture

[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 0]The next generation of portable device should be nearing the graphics of the PS3..just like the PSP is nearly as good as the PS2..[/quote]

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
i call fake as well. Way to early for SONY to think about a PSP2, especially since PSP is just picking up now, and the Go! hasnt even launched yet

B

Boris Beefcake

I agree it sounds a bit far fetched, but sony likes 2 think ahead, so I'll just wait n see. But like I said, it won't happen any time soon, 4 obvious reasons.

micromagic

Forum Guru
Nov 19, 2007
Well no doubt Sony will have considered specs for a PSP2 as it takes years of planning for a new hardware launch. But whether this is pure speculation or not in the OP I don't know. To early to think about anyway.

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 0]The next generation of portable device should be nearing the graphics of the PS3, just like the PSP is nearly as good as the PS2.[/quote]
It's going to be a long time before we see handhelds capable of producing graphics on the same level as PS3. It took Sony quite a while to produce a handheld capable of generating graphics just above those of PSOne. I know we're seeing some technical amazements, such as Silent Hill Origins, but you are kidding yourself if you expect to be playing MGS4 on the move within the next couple of years.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
pfff. It would be awesome if it had the SGX543MP8 instead.

I guess that would drive the price quite a bit up.

micromagic

Forum Guru
Nov 19, 2007
[QUOTE="one2escape, post: 0]Sony would not have announced the psp go if a psp2 is in the works otherwise the PSP go would be doa[/quote]
It probably is in the works as in design stage not production stage. You don't think they waited to start working on the PSP Go! until the 3000 was out in the shops do you? They also started planning the PS4 a long time ago when Phil Harrison was still at Sony.

one2escape

Apprentice
May 7, 2009
[QUOTE="micromagic, post: 0]It probably is in the works as in design stage not production stage. You don't think they waited to start working on the PSP Go! until the 3000 was out in the shops do you? They also started planning the PS4 a long time ago when Phil Harrison was still at Sony.[/quote]

I understand as this is commonplace. I mean that they would not announce this in the foreseeable future.

Dave-The-Rave

Power Member
Jan 31, 2007
Northern Ireland
[QUOTE="Jaeger, post: 0]It's going to be a long time before we see handhelds capable of producing graphics on the same level as PS3. It took Sony quite a while to produce a handheld capable of generating graphics just above those of PSOne. I know we're seeing some technical amazements, such as Silent Hill Origins, but you are kidding yourself if you expect to be playing MGS4 on the move within the next couple of years.[/quote]

I didn't say the next couple of years..you're putting words in my mouth.

I think they shouldn't release another handheld until the CAN do this..otherwise what is the point, the leap won't be very spectacular..:suspect:

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
It's all about money. Look at Nintendo, for example, and the DS. They could've improved the graphics for the launch of DSi but did they? No, they gave it a brighter screen, a built-in camera and added DSiWare to it. Did the public care? No, they went out and spent their money on buying one for their children/grandchildren/etc. I imagine Sony are trying to do the same.

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
[QUOTE="SnakeDevil, post: 0]:lol:

Wow.[/quote]

To be honest they would be able to make it better than the xbox 1, the games coming out for the PSP right now look almost better than PS2 games so it would be easy for them. I don't think they'll be as good as PS3 graphics but I think they could get it between PS2 and PS3 graphics certainly.

But I doubt they'll announce a PSP2 this year, maybe towards the end of next year but they are pushing the PSP too much this year for them to announce a PSP2 and kill PSP sales.

Mar 2, 2007
If i know Sony the next console will at least have games looking as good as some of the early nex gen games,but then again,the GFX might rival Uncharted for all i know,WAYYYY to early to call,come back two years later and then that might be a bit more suitable for such a discussion.

bobtheduck

Elite Guru
Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
PSP is dreamcast level. A jump to Xbox level is NOT ENOUGH OF A JUMP... IT needs to be about halfway between xbox and 360 level...

But that won't likely happen, so I won't hold my breath. I was also hoping PSP2 would have PS2 emulation on it, but if the architecture isn't mips, I'm not going to hold my breath on it.

Galvanise_

Forum Sage
Jan 11, 2008
www.Thetf.net
Personally I want the PSP2 to be cell based, so that PSN titles can be ported to it. I want sixaxis in it, a touch interface and much better graphics than the Xbox.
No physical media either.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="Galvanise_, post: 0]Personally I want the PSP2 to be cell based, so that PSN titles can be ported to it. I want sixaxis in it, a touch interface and much better graphics than the Xbox.
No physical media either.[/quote]
Me too more or less. But we are probably in for a disappointment.

K

Killerinstinct

psp2 just needs a dual nub and more intergration with ps3 games aswell as its own GPRS so we can use it as a phone coupled that with a unlimited data plan from a mobile phone provider and we are in hevean

Raonak

Elite Member
Jun 5, 2007
if its better than the ps2, then im happy. so we can emulate ps2 games.

also it better have a l2/r2 button. no idea how it will work tho.