PSU app

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
Ok so first and foremost if I have the right app I'm very happy but this is going to be a question, and then its going to be a recommendation/request.

So whilst at work tonight I had the overwhelming urge to come on PSU because we were exceptionally dead and without a PS4 handy I couldn't think of a better use of my time. With my pet hate surfing desktop websites on phones I went over to the App Store on my iPhone 5 and searched for PSU, alas no results regarding the forum. I then headed over to psu.com and upon using pinpoint accuracy with my thumb to tap the almost unreadable 'Forums' icon I received a notification urging me to download an app (ForumRunner) for use with the forum.
Blindly I followed and paid I believe the sum of £1.49 for this app. Using the in app search bar I entered PSU and no definable results linking this site came through, to my confusion; as this was the site to actually direct me to this app.

The question from me is, is this a form of malware attached to the site to entice people like me to buy a useless app, or is this actually genuine and is there a way to post here; on there?
If so how is this achieved because even at home I'd much prefer to use my phone than turn on the laptop.

Now to the suggestion; I don't know how this would be achieved or if it is even possible. I've seen various app creating courses and the likes on the internet, deal websites etc for a course into creating apps yourself. I can only ASSUME that out of this huge community someone must have the knowhow and tools to effectively create a forum app for PSU which is easy to use and has a simple user interface.
The request would be for someone to create such an app if plausible, I for one would be happy to pay a reasonable amount for said service.
If not can someone tell me how to find PSU on this app I was linked too on the home page, thanks guys.

Jan 13, 2007
I think u have 24 hours to return the app.

I use Tapatalk and it's free. Same thing. Also I think this forum has or had a mobile layout that was good for me.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="LM-93, post: 6283801]Ok so first and foremost if I have the right app I'm very happy but this is going to be a question, and then its going to be a recommendation/request.

So whilst at work tonight I had the overwhelming urge to come on PSU because we were exceptionally dead and without a PS4 handy I couldn't think of a better use of my time. With my pet hate surfing desktop websites on phones I went over to the App Store on my iPhone 5 and searched for PSU, alas no results regarding the forum. I then headed over to psu.com and upon using pinpoint accuracy with my thumb to tap the almost unreadable 'Forums' icon I received a notification urging me to download an app (ForumRunner) for use with the forum.
Blindly I followed and paid I believe the sum of £1.49 for this app. Using the in app search bar I entered PSU and no definable results linking this site came through, to my confusion; as this was the site to actually direct me to this app.

The question from me is, is this a form of malware attached to the site to entice people like me to buy a useless app, or is this actually genuine and is there a way to post here; on there?
If so how is this achieved because even at home I'd much prefer to use my phone than turn on the laptop.

Now to the suggestion; I don't know how this would be achieved or if it is even possible. I've seen various app creating courses and the likes on the internet, deal websites etc for a course into creating apps yourself. I can only ASSUME that out of this huge community someone must have the knowhow and tools to effectively create a forum app for PSU which is easy to use and has a simple user interface.
The request would be for someone to create such an app if plausible, I for one would be happy to pay a reasonable amount for said service.
If not can someone tell me how to find PSU on this app I was linked too on the home page, thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

I believe you tried hitting the forum link from psu.com, and you tapped on an app redirect. It's not malware, and it isn't anything specific of the forum. The Forum link gives you a drop down list of forum redirect links.

You probably tapped here, where the yellow arrow is pointing, and you were redirected to an app that was being advertised. That isn't under any control of psu.com. It's an ad service.

Get Tapatalk. This is kinda what you'll see:

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
Do we have an android app? I got a message while browsing the site on my phone that an app was available but I couldn't find it on the market place.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
It's just when I refresh my subscribed thread. Most of the time I get a blank page after refreshing even after people have posted in threads after me.

May 29, 2007
.....pss..behind you
Ahh, yeah I get that from time to time to. I found that you have to back out to your list of forums and reenter the forum. I only have the issue with PSU out of the 5 different forums I visit, but PSU is also the only forum that the app has ever told me that the apis are out of date as well so that more then likely is the problem.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Tapatalk works fine for me. The front page will be more mobile friendly when we update everything a little later this year.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Ghost, post: 6283940]Tapatalk works fine for me. The front page will be more mobile friendly when we update everything a little later this year.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it and looking forward to it.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
I use Tapatalk daily too for various forums. It has had it's up and downs but it works, for now at least.

Cybertox

Forum Guru
Dec 28, 2009
Switzerland
[QUOTE="Duffman1986, post: 6283959]GT Planet has it's own app for the Iphone, is it really that expensive to get one created for this site?[/QUOTE] You need to hire a programmer and a graphic designer who arent really cheap considering the time required to develop such an application.

Cybertox

Forum Guru
Dec 28, 2009
Switzerland
[QUOTE="Duffman1986, post: 6283961]Do we not have a member on here that can do that then?[/QUOTE]

I dont think we have here experienced interface designers and even if we had I doubt they would do it for free.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Cybertox, post: 6283962]I dont think we have here experienced interface designers and even if we had I doubt they would do it for free.[/QUOTE]
the main site takes priority. differ to Ghosts post above.

looking forward though, Tapatalk is very sufficient for forum browsing ;)

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
The newest version of tapatalk pro is pretty awesome. I could use it alone and be able to do 99% of what needs to be done with it. Staff duties are another thing though.

GTPlanet app... that's basically a reskinned Tapatalk, with a little bit of code customization. It does cost some, but it isn't terrible.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="Fijiandoce, post: 6283970]the main site takes priority. differ to Ghosts post above.

looking forward though, Tapatalk is very sufficient for forum browsing ;)[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I see a bunch of Tapatalk posts on the forums. It may not be perfect, but it does the job.

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
Gonna download tapatalk from the app store in a second.So what the
hell was the app that PSU told me to download? Like with all due respect I shouldn't receive a push notification saying 'Use PSU on the app' or whatever, to pay money for utter fucking garbage that is in no way associated with the website..
You can all laugh at the one who was stupid enough to do it, fair enough; but either way it's abit of a pisstake I was directed to that app, through this website.

Cybertox

Forum Guru
Dec 28, 2009
Switzerland
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6284013]If anyone is having a problem with Tapatalk, post what version have, what platform (ios/android), and list exactly what problems you have and how frequent.[/QUOTE]
No thanks, I am not reinstalling that shit again.

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6284013]If anyone is having a problem with Tapatalk, post what version have, what platform (ios/android), and list exactly what problems you have and how frequent.[/QUOTE]

Just downloaded it pal, using it now.
Upon downloading it said that the forums 'Tapatalk API' has expired and to please contact your forum to renew or something. That all went over my head but I figured id relay the message;
Only problem I'm having so far is that only four forums are being displayed
Off topic ps3 games and two others. So I'm only able to post here via threads that I've posted in that have replies..

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="LM-93, post: 6284107]Just downloaded it pal, using it now.
Upon downloading it said that the forums 'Tapatalk API' has expired and to please contact your forum to renew or something. That all went over my head but I figured id relay the message;
Only problem I'm having so far is that only four forums are being displayed
Off topic ps3 games and two others. So I'm only able to post here via threads that I've posted in that have replies..[/QUOTE]

Can you post a screen shot of how it looks for you please?

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6284177]Is this what you're seeing LM-93?

[/QUOTE]

On tapatalk, picture isn't showing for some reason;
All I know is that currently I can't get it to display the message again as I've already bought and downloaded the app. It's name is 'ForumRunner' so idk; maybe if you try accessing the forums from an iOS device you may get the same message.