PSU PC Gamers Unite!

Noxia

Forum Sage
Dec 21, 2008
England
[QUOTE="Kyaw, post: 5339703]Nah, 460 should be enough for up to about 4xAA and everything on max.
Especially since you play older games. SLI is a waste if you arent gonna have a massive resolution.
You could overclock if you want.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm used to no AA so 2x will do me, jaggies have never bothered me though tbh. Screen tearing does though! I researched monitors for ageeeeeeeeeeeees but that one got a lot of + revews and I did not want to spend £400 on a Dell superwotsit.
What games are people playing aside from L4D?

Kyaw

Master Sage
Jul 30, 2008
I play some BC2 from time to time and also Minecraft.

Use D3DOverider to enable triple buffering to eliminate screen tearing without the performance loss of Vsync.
You just need to download Rivatuner and D3Doverider should be included in the download.

I'm waiting for Shogun: Total War 2 to come out.

Noxia

Forum Sage
Dec 21, 2008
England
[QUOTE="Kyaw, post: 5339709]I play some BC2 from time to time and also Minecraft.

Use D3DOverider to enable triple buffering to eliminate screen tearing without the performance loss of Vsync.
You just need to download Rivatuner and D3Doverider should be included in the download.

I'm waiting for Shogun: Total War 2 to come out.[/QUOTE]

Ok will do. I understand my card comes with software called MSI Afterburner but I think thats for OC'ing. I have never played a Total War game even though PC Gamer always rave about them, not sure why.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="BoyBettaKnow, post: 5339783]Anyone else up for a game on L4D2 with me and Smiggy? starting around 6ish[/QUOTE]

British time? (You guys only have one timezone, right?) Because that's only 30 minutes form now.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
Thats correct dude, we're only a little country! depends how long smiggy takes i suppose though. You up for it?

Urgh - Sorry Smiggy, something came up that I wasn't expecting tonight so i have to leave earlier than i thought i would. Are you going to be playing tonight? Should be around 10-11BST before i'm back home. My bad :bang:

Last edited:

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
[QUOTE="Noxia, post: 5339715]Ok will do. I understand my card comes with software called MSI Afterburner but I think thats for OC'ing. I have never played a Total War game even though PC Gamer always rave about them, not sure why.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can use Afterburner for overclocking, but it does a few more nifty things. You can control the fan speed on it and set a temperature curve, so it will kick in harder at certain temperatures. That and monitor the temperature of it.

And my bad guys, I totally forgot about this thread. I'll try to monitor it more often and join you guys.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
Yeah sorry I did mean GMT. either way he knows we're on British time.
Heading back to mine earlier than I thought so if anyone is planning on playing in the next hour or so?

Stupid Tapatalk

Arkano6

Elite Guru
May 27, 2008
Southampton
[QUOTE="Noxia, post: 5339706]What games are people playing aside from L4D?[/QUOTE]

L4D2, TF2, CS:S, tempted to buy Civ5 but I'm not sure. Not played any Civ games before and it looks pretty cool. I play Starcraft 2 occasionally from time to time, but no one from PSU plays it..

AC2 came out for Mac too :lol:. I got that for christmas in 2009. If I can find myself a decent copy of Windows 7, I'm very tempted to dual boot.

Noxia

Forum Sage
Dec 21, 2008
England
[QUOTE="Arkano6, post: 5340136]L4D2, TF2, CS:S, tempted to buy Civ5 but I'm not sure. Not played any Civ games before and it looks pretty cool. I play Starcraft 2 occasionally from time to time, but no one from PSU plays it..

AC2 came out for Mac too :lol:. I got that for christmas in 2009. If I can find myself a decent copy of Windows 7, I'm very tempted to dual boot.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind shooter on PC but I'm not very good. Civ is a huge timesink I mean massive.
Can't wait to load up Baldurs Gate II and Deus Ex again.

Edit: Civ IV had the most beautiful intro I'd ever seen, mainly due to the music.

Arkano6

Elite Guru
May 27, 2008
Southampton
[QUOTE="Noxia, post: 5340144]I don't mind shooter on PC but I'm not very good. Civ is a huge timesink I mean massive.
Can't wait to load up Baldurs Gate II and Deus Ex again.

Edit: Civ IV had the most beautiful intro I'd ever seen, mainly due to the music.[/QUOTE]

I wont bother buying Civ5 if it's that much of a time sink in that case. I just don't have the time :(.

Noxia

Forum Sage
Dec 21, 2008
England
[QUOTE="Arkano6, post: 5340146]I wont bother buying Civ5 if it's that much of a time sink in that case. I just don't have the time :(.[/QUOTE]

Shame but I understand.

Kyaw

Master Sage
Jul 30, 2008
L4D2 with Xelios, Smiggy and Boybettaknow was fun...

Didnt even finish one level...

WTF is up with Spitters and boomers? Seriously!

There are just way too much of them.

Kyaw

Master Sage
Jul 30, 2008
We ****ing could if you guys would shove the boomers before shooting them... X_X

And actually moving around more, dont just stay in one spot.

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
Way too difficult. I've done The Parish but godamn, thats like impossible.

Also it wasn't a campaign mode, it was the Mutation. Flu Season. It's a nonstop boomer/spitter spawn.

Kyaw

Master Sage
Jul 30, 2008
[QUOTE="Xelios, post: 5340182]Way too difficult. I've done The Parish but godamn, thats like impossible.

Also it wasn't a campaign mode, it was the Mutation. Flu Season. It's a nonstop boomer/spitter spawn.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh thats why!

I was too used to campaign mode. (well too used to meaning havent played in like 2 months)

@ Smiggy, that part was hilarious... :lol:
I was loling IRL

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
Yeah, me and Boy were taking up the back and Kyaw got stuck in the acid. It was hilarious from my screen. I got the hell out of there and then one of you guys closed the door on yourselves :lol:

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
I found that out very quickly! The range they have on them is insane. Anyone would think their spit is projectiled by a 50 cal bullet!
As annoying as that part was i did find it very funny. Only just got revived and then we we're pretty much dead again

Nov 22, 2005
Recently these are what I've been playing:

Doom 3 Open Coop with a friend
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor with a friend
BC2/BC2 Vietnam with a friend or two or 3 or 4 :lol:

Killing Floor
L4D2
DoD Source
Mass Effect 2 (just beat it, holy hell that game is amazing)
C&C 3 and 4
Red Alert 2 (still think this is the best RTS ever)

Some others, can't think of them right now.

Last edited:

smiggy

Forum Sage
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
Here[/URL]
Games:
Team Fortress 2
CSS
BFBC2
BF2
Half Life Series
Minecraft

Don't forget to add some of us from the OP!
[QUOTE="SolidSnakeUS, post: 5340207]Recently these are what I've been playing:

Doom 3 Open Coop with a friend
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor with a friend
BC2/BC2 Vietnam with a friend or two or 3 or 4 :lol:
Killing Floor
L4D2
DoD Source
Mass Effect 2 (just beat it, holy hell that game is amazing)
C&C 3 and 4
Red Alert 2 (still think this is the best RTS ever)

Some others, can't think of them right now.[/QUOTE]

Another soldier for the apocalypse :D

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
I'll Add you to the OP Atlas. Whats your steam ID Solid?
I may start playing BC2 some stage soon as i'm getting a slight Blops burnout so i need something else for my multiplayer fix.