PUBG blows past 4 million Xbox users...

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
https://majornelson.com/2018/01/25/...erunknowns-battlegrounds-players-on-xbox-one/

Today we’re excited to announce another milestone for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG): the community of players on console has now grown to over 4M players! We’re thrilled to see the community continue to grow and have been inspired by everyone’s enthusiasm for the game – with your ongoing support and feedback we will continue to evolve PUBG and create the best experience for Xbox players.
This week we deployed the sixth content update for the game, delivering numerous gameplay, optimization and bug fixes. More details on all the updates we’ve made since launch can be found here.
To show the community our appreciation for your support and feedback, we are rewarding players with 30,000 Battle Points to purchase cosmetic crates in the game. Anyone who has purchased or purchases PUBG on Xbox One and has created a character before January 31 at 12AM PST will receive this bonus, so if you’ve been waiting to jump onto the island, now is the perfect time to become a part of our growing community on console. Bonus Battle Points will be delivered and appear directly in players BP accounts (right below their gamertag) after February 1, 2018 at 12AM PT.
We will continue to build on the foundation we’ve laid with PUBG on Xbox One with the feedback received from the community and we encourage you to continue in your pursuit of chicken dinners! Be sure to stay tuned to Xbox Wire and Major Nelson for all the latest PUBG news. See you on the battleground!
Xbox note: If you haven’t picked up PUBG yet, now is a great time to make your first jump onto the island. Buy the game here, or gift a copy. PUBG has been the top gifted title in the Microsoft Store since the feature launched in December – now is a great time to build up your squad! And for a limited time only, buy 3 Months of Xbox Live Gold and Receive a 3 Month Gold token. Give it to a friend and team up for many hours of PUBG together.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
They have a lot of people playing on Xbox, and should feel obligated to sort things out - The benefits should also spill over to PC as well.

Looking at the way PUBG has been going on PC, the chances of this title getting its things together seem unlikely. It already looks as if they're settling into that rhythm of releasing content to make fans happy, with the promise of returning to community hot topics at some point - pretty much the same thing Ark did, but look at it now...

I know it's the typical trope to just say "hire more people", but in this case they probably should hire someone to come in and look at how the code runs on console. It's no small task; Warframe's Creative Director basically took every file their game has with the specific intent to stop reference count thrashing on console, and so far has not been able to recompile his title.

Personally, i'd prefer Fortnite over PUBG on consoles as they stand at this point in time. Network is significantly more solid, and the game itself run's far better... it's also free too so there's also that!

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Just because 4 million people booted this game up on their Xbox does not make this game worth a damn. I still hate this game with a passion.

May 20, 2008
Even though I haven’t played this on Xbox, I knew this game would thrive on Xbox live. The community is just second to none.

Jan 19, 2018
Even though I haven’t played this on Xbox, I knew this game would thrive on Xbox live. The community is just second to none.
I bought the game at release, but it was pretty bad. MS refunded it to me same day. From what I have read, it seems like after 6 patches now, it's been much improved.

May 20, 2008
I bought the game at release, but it was pretty bad. MS refunded it to me same day. From what I have read, it seems like after 6 patches now, it's been much improved.
I’ve played it on PC a few times. It’s ok but not the type of game that I would put much time into.