Publishers are last obstacle for Borderlands 2 on Vita

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Want to see Borderlands 2 on PS Vita?
Support the fan campaign.

by Sal Romano [@salromano] at 09:58 PM EST, February 24, 2012 .

We love fan campaigns here at Gematsu, so whenever we’re able to help one out, it’s always a pleasure. This time, fans are pushing to get Borderlands 2 on PlayStation Vita. And Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford wants to make it happen.
Responding to an e-mail from a fan regarding the FPS / RPG hybrid on the handheld, Pitchford said:
Hi [name withheld],
Thanks for the e-mail – I loved it!
I love the Vita as do a lot of folks at the studio and we have explored this.
We’ll need some partner’s help and partner’s commitments to make this happen. Feel free to let Sony and 2K Games and your favorite retailer know what you think.
Cheers!
- Randy
Interested in playing Borderlands 2 on PS Vita? Then head over to this Reddit thread, upvote, and take the next step to get it there.
THIS would be BADASS! I would loveeeee to have me some BL on the go. If they did cross platform and transfarring, it's ultimate. Gearbox could pull some serious badassery by getting both Vita and Move support on Borderlands 2.

[video=youtube;jh98sWNvXBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh98sWNvXBA[/video]

wub wub wub

Rekmon

Elite Member
Mar 7, 2008
I'd totally buy it. Hell if my buddies have a Vita by the time this happens I'd buy them copies too.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="floetry, post: 5778912]Isn't this the guy who said that Vita is like a dinosaur showing up to a mammal convention? lol[/QUOTE]

Nope, that was Duke Nukem co-creator George Broussard.

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
I can imagine the cel-shaded graphics would look really impressive on the Vita, I would definitely pick this up if it goes ahead!