Quantum Break sold beyond MS's expectations but that sequal tho...don't count on it.

Jun 4, 2007
I'm warning you now...Guard your ass because Arron Greenberg
is trying to blow smoke up it....

"Quantum Break sold really well; it exceeded what we expected it to do," he said when discussing what Remedy might make next with Windows Central. "We were really pleased with how Quantum Break did. But just like every movie, not every game needs a sequel, sometimes it's okay."

Speaking generally about Remedy's future, Greenberg said, "They're very creative storytellers who build very rich, great games." Remedy was a "great partner" for Microsoft on Alan Wake and Quantum Break he said, so naturally, "We're excited to see what they do next."
[thread jack] http://www.gamespot.com/articles/quantum-break-sold-really-well-beat-microsofts-exp/1100-6443009/

Do you see why I warned you? I find this to be fucking ridiculous. Don't you? Don't talk to me about the business side. You're a gamer and these mf'ers just told you everything was great on that end. QB was meant to have a sequel. The engine is already there. They obviously have ideas of how they want to fix and better things. The issues could easily be solved too.

"QB was a success. We just aren't going to fund a sequel." If you can't read between the lines...

Andy

Apprentice
May 25, 2014
Greenberg is all PR. He's being nice to Remedy as they part ways, sort of like when you say nice things to someone when you break up with them. He's spinning. QB did not do as well as expected; that's just BS. Five years in development, massive production costs, massive hype for years, and then it fizzled, both critically and commercially. I believe Greenberg was also the guy who said preorders were fantastic. And then we saw the actual sales figures.

Hope the best for Remedy. I was a big fan of Max Payne. Still think that was their best work.

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
How much did it sell then?

It's true, not everything needs a sequel. Personally, I'd like Remedy to work on something more interesting.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Microsoft obviously thought the game would sell pretty well. The don't offer bundles for just any random game.

But Greenberg is the guy they cart out to spin the negative into a positive. That's his job. We will never get actual Xbox One sales numbers for the game. Not even sure why this is being brought up so long after the fact.

May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="Andy, post: 6519341]Greenberg is all PR. He's being nice to Remedy as they part ways, sort of like when you say nice things to someone when you break up with them. He's spinning. QB did not do as well as expected; that's just BS. Five years in development, massive production costs, massive hype for years, and then it fizzled, both critically and commercially. I believe Greenberg was also the guy who said preorders were fantastic. And then we saw the actual sales figures.

Hope the best for Remedy. I was a big fan of Max Payne. Still think that was their best work.[/QUOTE]
Well, that's his job, isn't it? A Remedy game on xbox isn't going to do Halo or Gears numbers. Its not the first or the last time a game fails to meet certain expectations. The game certainly didn't fizzle with reviews. It wasn't their greatest work, but not a bad game at all from what ive heard. The good thing is that they are independent and maybe they will go back to being a multiplat. Anyway, this is just business as usual for the industry.