Question about buying a 3ds

Kawaiius

Apprentice
Jan 11, 2007
Well im a Playstation man (PS4/Vita) but im thinking about getting a 3DS..to have another hand held since my gf likes to have the Vita and i dont want a Wii U since i have the PS4...was wondering what the differences were in the systems..like the 3DS...or 3DS XL?.i was looking at a refurbished Black/Gold (zelda) 3DS but would i be fine with that...thanks for the help guys

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Well, I own a blue/black 3DS XL. It has a larger screen (by 90%) though the resolution remains the same, longer battery life, bigger SD card (4 GB instead of 2) and the hinges stop the top half at 120 degrees compared to the previously 155 degrees.

I've seen games being played on the original 3DS but have to say they still look great on the 3DS XL. I'd like to think of it like the GameCube but with a more traditional button layout and I personally love the dual screen/stylus combo.

If you do happen to get a 3DS (original or 3DS XL), I would recommend checking out the handheld sticky at the top where you can exchange your friend code with the rest of us and ask about games or whatever.

Last edited:

*goo

Elite Guru
Aug 2, 2008
I got mine a few weeks ago. Went for the 3DS XL, reasons being screen size and comfort. In this instance, I'd say bigger is better. If you can, get to a store that sells them both and see them in the flesh.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

*Edit*

Comparison vid. Includes 2DS (which just isn't for me) but interesting nonetheless:

[video=youtube;eQTxMqIeD04]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQTxMqIeD04[/video]

Last edited:

robvandam111

Master Poster
Mar 11, 2010
Miami, Fl
[QUOTE="Kawaiius, post: 6297613]Well im a Playstation man (PS4/Vita) but im thinking about getting a 3DS..to have another hand held since my gf likes to have the Vita and i dont want a Wii U since i have the PS4...was wondering what the differences were in the systems..like the 3DS...or 3DS XL?.i was looking at a refurbished Black/Gold (zelda) 3DS but would i be fine with that...thanks for the help guys[/QUOTE]

Since you mentioned that you don't want a Wii U. You can't go wrong if you end up getting one in the end. You'll enjoy both 3DS and Wii U. Make sure you get the XL since it has a bigger screen.