Question for the ladies of the forum...

Boxman

Dedicated Member
Jan 27, 2009
(hair topic)

Ok, so I want my hair different than it is now. It's very curly, but not like an aphro... More like a rats nest. I'm tired of it looking like s*** which brings me to my queston:

How do I keep my hair straight?

I don't mean by straightening it every day, I mean keep it smooth and nice, not curly and rough/icky.

Dunno if it makes a difference, but I use Herbal Essence Shampoo/Conditioner. Stopped using Prell cause well, it just isn't good with my hair.

SYLiam

Superior Member
Jan 10, 2008
Well I'm not a girl, but I have awesome soft and straight hair. I'm manly too.

Thing is, maybe your hair is just naturally curly - and there isn't really a way to change that unless you straighten it daily.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
[QUOTE="Pez_555, post: 0]do you not have google/friends?[/quote]

Well it is a forum and he does want honest and helpful answers.

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
As stated above, you will need to straighten your hair on a daily basis. You can get some foam type products but they are not all that effective.

SYLiam

Superior Member
Jan 10, 2008
[QUOTE="vegan_mekey, post: 0]girliest thread with all male posters.[/quote]

Nothing girly about it. Dudes have hair aswell y'know.

Sep 24, 2009
www.twitter.com
Well my hair is naturally curly-ish and I HAVE to straighten it everyday other wise it's a frizzball of curlyness, no shampoo/conditioner or other hair product will ever make it straight completely on it's own. OR if you have money to spend, you can get it "permanently" straightened at a hairdressers I believe. Chemicals and stuff though if I'm not mistaken.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
it may sound girly'ish, but go to a salon or a really nice hair cutting place of some sort. Be it rocco, etc etc. They will make it so your hair is trained to be straight but of course sooner or later you will have to straighten it again.

I don't have that problem though, i have straight long hair that is slightly, just very very slightly has a wave to it, but not really noticable. I do know there is a way to train your hair so you don't have to straighten daily but you will have to straighten it again at some point.

Dec 6, 2006
[QUOTE="harleenquinzel, post: 0]no shampoo/conditioner or other hair product will ever make it straight completely on it's own. Or if you have money to spend, you can get it "permanently" straightened at a hairdressers i believe. Chemicals and stuff though if i'm not mistaken.[/quote]

i was going to tell u exactly the same thing, good job harley

Boxman

Dedicated Member
Jan 27, 2009
[QUOTE="HarleenQuinzel, post: 0]Well my hair is naturally curly-ish and I HAVE to straighten it everyday other wise it's a frizzball of curlyness, no shampoo/conditioner or other hair product will ever make it straight completely on it's own. OR if you have money to spend, you can get it "permanently" straightened at a hairdressers I believe. Chemicals and stuff though if I'm not mistaken.[/quote]

Hairdressers are little bit too exspensive for me. I guess I could try straigtening it every day. Just never really loved the idea of 300 degree metal probabley going to clamp my ear.

@ whoever tells me to cut my hair: I hang out with girls that like long hair on guys. So, no.

M

M._Bison

So basically you're trying to pull chicks with your hair.

Bad idea dude. You're 13 years of age.

MR_T

Forum Elder
Oct 20, 2007
depends if your hair is naturally very curly or not. i keep my hair under control by hairdrying/brushing it straight after the shower, and if im going for a night out ill get the straightners on it. mon-fri though my hair is generally a state lol!

weekday hair

weekend hair

Boxman

Dedicated Member
Jan 27, 2009
[QUOTE="M._Bison, post: 0]So basically you're trying to pull chicks with your hair.

Bad idea dude. You're 13 years of age.[/quote]

It's not like it's the only reason they're friends with me. I'm just making neater so I can actually look good, if I do decide to ask one out.

depends if your hair is naturally very curly or not. i keep my hair under control by hairdrying/brushing it straight after the shower, and if im going for a night out ill get the straightners on it. mon-fri though my hair is generally a state lol!

weekday hair

weekend hair

You're hair gets that straight with just a dryer and a comb? Or was that with the straightener?

ash91

Super Elite
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Mine is naturaly curly and I hate it. What you need to do is straighten it everyday, You don't really have any other choice unfortunately. I then apply wax so that it stays in a kind of choppy syle (a little bit like the guy above). My hair is blonde by the way, and if I don't get it right, I kind of look like Eliot from Scrubs (not as long though). :p

Oh an ddon't worry about burning yourself, as long as you're careful when you first start you'll gradually get used to it and you'll never have to wory about it.

Hope that helps. :)

MR_T

Forum Elder
Oct 20, 2007
[QUOTE="Boxman, post: 0]
You're hair gets that straight with just a dryer and a comb? Or was that with the straightener?[/quote]
no thats with a straightner, wont get it anywhere near that straight without them. when using straightners you dont have to go gun ho with them. i just randomly run it over my hair so it looks layered as opposed to being straight and flat. can get it like that in 5-10 min tops