Quickest way to level up?

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
I am on level 9 and have started moon missions, what is the quickest way to level up? I heard you have to be level 15 to play competitive multiplayer?

May 29, 2007
.....pss..behind you
Just play normally. Go thru the story missions, strikes and bang out your bounties along the way. 1-20 is the easy part. Getting to 30 on the otherhand.....
The Crucible should be unlocked for you already once you hit lvl 5. Go talk to the Crucible Handler in the tower.

*Tip about bounties.
Turn them in 1 by 1 and before turning any in, equip whatever gear you have that you've yet to unlock all the bonus traits for. Recheck your gear after every single bounty. Dont let that xp go to waste. ;)

Last edited:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Yeah for me I find the quickest way to level up is bounties and strike missions as bounties are never below 2500xp and added with a completed strike mission the XP is very healthy! Even if you are not quite at the level for the strike mission just find some high level players to join you as their kills count towards your xp and so does completing the strike! That is the easiest way I have found anyway!

atrin1

Apprentice
Mar 6, 2013
[QUOTE="faaeng, post: 6380141]Just play normally. Go thru the story missions, strikes and bang out your bounties along the way. 1-20 is the easy part. Getting to 30 on the otherhand.....
The Crucible should be unlocked for you already once you hit lvl 5. Go talk to the Crucible Handler in the tower.

*Tip about bounties.
Turn them in 1 by 1 and before turning any in, equip whatever gear you have that you've yet to unlock all the bonus traits for. Recheck your gear after every single bounty. Dont let that xp go to waste. ;)[/QUOTE]

thanks for that tip! would have never known!