R3 Competitive mode

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
I think 60 people online was the way to go. I really enjoyed R2 like that and I enjoyed how fast paced the action was online. However, seeing how the aesthetic in R3 has changed from the colorful R2 to the dark-to-the-bone RFOM, I think gameplay will take a hit in speed and won't feel as much as Halo or COD.

I seriously can't wait for it!

I OU a Beatn

Superior Member
Jan 17, 2008
Southern PA
It's not going to be 60 players, I know that. They've already said they want a smaller, more personable battlefield online. Resistance 2 was at a loss of character, which is especially disappointing considering all they had to do with give us Fall of Man 1.5, and they just went an entirely different direction. Judging from the gameplay videos I've seen, I think they get it and I think they're be returning to Fall of Man style gameplay, which is going to be awesome if they do.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
I think that matches with 40+ people in it is way to crowded. Plus if there is that many people one team camps at one place the whole entire match, so I think the max amount of people should be 30-20 people.

I OU a Beatn

Superior Member
Jan 17, 2008
Southern PA
Yeah, I don't see them allowing anymore than 32 people and judging from other recent shooters, 24 seems to be the sweet spot. I'm okay with both numbers, but anything more than 40 is just overkill, IMO.