Rainbow 6 rant...

SwitchBlade

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2006
www.myspace.com
Been trying to get the hang of RB6 online tonight, and I'm getting severely pissed. EVERY game I happen to get into puts me on a team where everyone is talking and communicating well. Immediately I'm told to go the other team (even though the teams are usually even, or they're already outnumbered) or I'll be booted. So I end up on the other team where only a couple of people have mics, but they refuse to use them. WTF? It's extremely frustrating trying to learn & play a teambased game when you can't be on a team that actually communicates!:evil:

I'm gonna end up giving up on playing on the PSN until warhawk comes out...

ARG...I thought I was posting this in the PSN section...multiple windows open screwing me up. Feel free to move the thread.

Zatoichi

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2006
[QUOTE="SwitchBlade, post: 0]Been trying to get the hang of RB6 online tonight, and I'm getting severely pissed. EVERY game I happen to get into puts me on a team where everyone is talking and communicating well. Immediately I'm told to go the other team (even though the teams are usually even, or they're already outnumbered) or I'll be booted. So I end up on the other team where only a couple of people have mics, but they refuse to use them. WTF? It's extremely frustrating trying to learn & play a teambased game when you can't be on a team that actually communicates!:evil:

I'm gonna end up giving up on playing on the PSN until warhawk comes out...[/QUOTE]
Sounds like bad luck. Don't judge the game on player-induced experiences.

Zatoichi

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2006
[QUOTE="SwitchBlade, post: 0]Bad luck like 10 games in a row? Seems like it's as bad as the team stacking in Gears Of War....[/QUOTE]
... it's still caused by the players. It's not like the developers are personally reaching into the lobby and flicking you over to the other team.

Z

Zetsumei

Dude, you just gotta find some cool people, and try to add them to your psn, and then you host or have them send you an game invite when they are hostin... It's going to take more then one night though. tell you taht much.

kflashin

Dedicated Member
Apr 29, 2007
Alaska
Don't you you have some regular people you play with,like in my case almost my whole resistance clan has RB6 so that helps alot since we already know how to talk to each other.You can have clans on RB6 why don't you see about joining one,and good lukk I hope your experience gets better since it is a really fun game

SwitchBlade

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2006
www.myspace.com
I've played two different nights, and only got in one game that wasn't like I stated above. I haven't had my ps3 long so I only have a few people on my list, and don't see them on much at all. I know thing will get better after warhawk drops, since it comes with a headest. It's just frustrating right now. It's strange how much different the voice chat is from xboxlive to PSN...

LocalRider#7

Superior Member
Mar 17, 2006
You have to give it time. You WILL find plenty of friends that will have headsets and will communicate well. The same thing happens with me on other games of other systems, but you just have to be patient. If you do end up on a team with only one headset user, encourage him/her to stick together with you and try to help out as much as possible. Don't try and be a leader all the time and you will be amazed how fast the Friend Invites will start rolling in. Sometimes the same people I have been playing against end up befriending me cause i hang around in the same room for multiple games. Just be patient...

D

dalts85

this is the exact reason why i sold my copy of RBSV as i had it on the xbox before i sold the console and it doesnt compare in any way. How frikking hard can it be for developers to make the online experience on one console exactly the same as on another. The lobby system sucks and i dont want to enter a room not knowing whether im am going to be playing with some japanese freaks or other non speaking europeans. Another major factor is whatever game i would go to on the ps3 the amount of spawn killing fools on it was just plain ridiculous! The xbox360 version was awesome and the ps3 version just sucks balls simple as!

Jun 5, 2007
japanese players are good and more courteous than a lot of english speaking folks...

there are just too many racists 12 year old gamers with mikes these days...

and the team stacking is annoying and there should be a game lobby but that is life...

pionata

Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2005
Headsets ruin games for me. It seriously crap the immersion factor with high-pitched-voice morons that takes games way too seriously.

I preferred the tactical voices choices.

Zatoichi

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2006
[QUOTE="stuff99, post: 0]japanese players are good and more courteous than a lot of english speaking folks...

there are just too many racists 12 year old gamers with mikes these days...

and the team stacking is annoying and there should be a game lobby but that is life...[/QUOTE]
Yeah. After rounds they thank eachother for playing, and ask eachother if they would all like to play again.

Sephyr

Master Poster
Dec 5, 2006
I'm not too bothered about that, what I'm pissed about is not being able to choose a game. It takes about 20 mins to find a relatively full game.

JaY Ci

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2007
I've been running into too many teeny boppers who think they're the shiznit and like to talk smack, messing around and ruins it for everyone. Sometimes it can ge a good experience though when playing Rainbow. The game is dope, imo.

B

big mark

Hey Jags,

Sorry for the basic PSN question but I am new to multiplayer, not new to PS3 and am totally hooked on RB6. How do I hook up with a clan or find a user - for instance my buddy who plays RB6 online a lot.

Thank for any help you can provide a "noob" as they say.

S

Soviet635

[QUOTE="SwitchBlade, post: 0]Been trying to get the hang of RB6 online tonight, and I'm getting severely pissed. EVERY game I happen to get into puts me on a team where everyone is talking and communicating well. Immediately I'm told to go the other team (even though the teams are usually even, or they're already outnumbered) or I'll be booted. So I end up on the other team where only a couple of people have mics, but they refuse to use them. WTF? It's extremely frustrating trying to learn & play a teambased game when you can't be on a team that actually communicates!:evil:

I'm gonna end up giving up on playing on the PSN until warhawk comes out...

ARG...I thought I was posting this in the PSN section...multiple windows open screwing me up. Feel free to move the thread.[/quote]

Rule Number 1: Despite the game's apparent focus on team play, Learn to be self-sufficient; don't lean on your teammates for anything. It's the only way you'll enjoy yourself in non-communicating rooms. Once you can play by yourself w/o anyone's help, then work on getting people to play as a team.

I play the game almost every weekend at my friend's house on his 360, and most of the time don't speak with my team because all they wanna talk about is how "gangster" they are for "wastin dat foo!", sing in the mic, or some other crap I don't wanna hear.

Jun 5, 2007
there are still a lot of glitches in this game too..such as the on going machine gun noises, mike noises that go click click click etc

on top of no lobby and team stacking

S

Soviet635

[QUOTE="stuff99, post: 0]there are still a lot of glitches in this game too..such as the on going machine gun noises, mike noises that go click click click etc

on top of no lobby and team stacking[/quote]

While annoying, I "enjoy" the gun glitch where it sounds like they're shooting forever on full auto...it makes finding them easier, and once you kill em, it stops. I've had no mic issues on the 360 version, so I can't comment on that.

Team stacking is pretty childish, but it's not that big a deal IMO.

"Everybody who is Elite Rank up top, all the rest go down."

As if rank shows skill...most people probably glitched their way to Elite anyway...at least that's my experience on the 360 version.