Rant: Insomniac/Resistance 3... W...T..F!!!

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
So I am a bit late... but it has been brought to my attention that R3 won't be expanding on the 8 player co-op.

This is a traves-sham-mockery!!!!

Ya know... when i heard that Insomniac was going to take an "extra" year to develop Resistance 3... I was expecting them to take the best part of R2 (cuz it def wasn't the single player campaign)... and expand upon it to further its epic-ness.

Honestly the R2 co-op was the most fun I've had online... with the exception of maybe resident evil5. I am pretty bummed that I won't get to experience the level of team work and strategy that I enjoyed playing R2.

It really seems to me like Insomniac took a step backwards... despite taking more time to develop this game.
Yes I aware that the 16 player online competitive mode is supposed to be very deep...

And I would imagine that the campaign mode is going to regain the mojo it lost going from R1 to R2...

But I am seriously bummed.
I am reconsidering what WAS a day one purchase no questions asked...

Man I was excited for the Bundle too!!!!

BOOOOOOO INSOMNIAC!!! BOOOOO
They probably spent the entire extra year negotiating with MS.... BOOOOO!!!

/rant...

Zswordsman

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2007
Tacoma
what the hell?!?! R3 will only have 16 player online? hell no, if thats true, i'm pissed. Oh and coop was really great, had a lot of fun times with my friends, too bad they scrapped it. :(

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
I've known about this for a long time. The only thing I'm looking forward to is the single player campaign which I have high hopes for(I believe in, Insomniac!). I agree with you fully on the lack of 8 Player online campaign. It was the best online experience I've had and it's a real shame that they took it away from this. I was expecting an improvement with more in-depth alternate stories, tougher battles with bosses and DLC support for the future.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Im only in it for the SP campaign really, but the co-op is a shame. Maybe they will see the outcry and patch it back in...

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="Zswordsman, post: 5580279]what the hell?!?! R3 will only have 16 player online? hell no, if thats true, i'm pissed. Oh and coop was really great, had a lot of fun times with my friends, too bad they scrapped it. :([/QUOTE] Thats a good thing, less chances of getting shot in the back.

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5580417]Thats a good thing, less chances of getting shot....[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you.

That's how i always find these types of games anyway, running around half the time trying to find people.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 5580427]Fixed it for you.

That's how i always find these types of games anyway, running around half the time trying to find people.[/QUOTE]The only reason why i would like there to be a lot of people in one match is if, its a large map so, i will have a lot of targets with the fareye(sniper). Also, if there is more people then you can kill them more with bombs. (thats the only plus of a lot of people.)

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
Loved SP in 1, loved the SP 2. Especially the story you picked up from the intel. But agree, the dropping of the co-op is a shame. It has turned it into a rental for me.

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
This is crap man...I loved co-op to bits. Best part of the game, hands down. I know if there was no level cap, my medic would probably be like 70...Dang, still getting this day 1, but I'm really bummed. :(

Aug 27, 2008
I did like the co-op campaigns in R2, but R3 will have SP campaign co-op so I'm happy about that.

And 16 players is bad? That seems fine to me.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="LastManDancing, post: 5580516]I did like the co-op campaigns in R2, but R3 will have SP campaign co-op so I'm happy about that.

And 16 players is bad? That seems fine to me.[/QUOTE]

Im not too fussed. I read that the cut back was made to make the MP aspect better looking. Also to make it more "intimate" lol

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="Funeralfog, post: 5580611]hurray! less pussy snipers. but that sucks about the co-op, that was fun as hell. ill still get it, i'm all about SP[/QUOTE]What is that supposed to mean, that all snipers are pussies, because i happen to be a sniper in R2.

LfCpS3

Master Poster
May 22, 2009
How development and sequels work out in this generation:

first game: different, unique, little more improvements and it would be better

sequel/second game: becomes different, makes unnecessary changes that ruin the game to some extent, makes you wonder what made them do this

third game: they change it all around, not the same game and sadly that has happened to KZ3 and might be with R3.

All thanks to one game/series. I blame the devs and not that series since they are the ones choosing to copy it.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="LfCpS3, post: 5580721]How development and sequels work out in this generation:

first game: different, unique, little more improvements and it would be better

sequel/second game: becomes different, makes unnecessary changes that ruin the game to some extent, makes you wonder what made them do this

third game: they change it all around, not the same game and sadly that has happened to KZ3 and might be with R3.

All thanks to one game/series. I blame the devs and not that series since they are the ones choosing to copy it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and when the game remains the same then the company is blamed for not innovating or changing the game other than graphical advancements so really whatever the devs do people are gonna QQ.

Zswordsman

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2007
Tacoma
[QUOTE="ghost_rhayne, post: 5580517]Im not too fussed. I read that the cut back was made to make the MP aspect better looking. Also to make it more "intimate" lol[/QUOTE]

intimate my ***. what the heck, it's not like RFOM didn't have simple 8v8 matches on small maps and stuff. This is ******ed, the best part about resistance was the huge maps filled with players. Clan matches were so fun due to the large sizes, heck i remember going into ranked matches and facing an entire clan in a 20v20 match. :( Insomniac is truly dropping the ball.

REEEPR

Dedicated Member
Jan 26, 2008
Dining, in Hell!
Too many people who didn't "get" the 8 man co op complained about R2 sucking. They voiced their opinion the most and the loudest on forums and got what they wanted. I suggest we do the same leading up to the "hopefully" next sequal. Let's bi**h and moan so much that they have to bring back our beloved co op. Let's let our voices be heard. TBH i'll probably play R3 for a month and shelve it. Then i'll go back to R2.

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
[QUOTE="REEEPR, post: 5580803]Too many people who didn't "get" the 8 man co op complained about R2 sucking. They voiced their opinion the most and the loudest on forums and got what they wanted. I suggest we do the same leading up to the "hopefully" next sequal. Let's bi**h and moan so much that they have to bring back our beloved co op. Let's let our voices be heard. TBH i'll probably play R3 for a month and shelve it. Then i'll go back to R2.[/QUOTE]

Sad but true. :(
It happened to me with KZ3...it made me think how good the 2nd was and how much character the game had lost that made me go back and platinum the game...Quite a shame really, that once great games have to take a mainstream route thanks to COD *****es.

Insomniac had to cater to the complainers. The LCD. You know, the guys who want to feel like an MP god when they play a match. Any game that focuses on teamwork, or on an objective in the gameplay usually gets pi**ed on by the gaming media and by the majority of gamers. Look what happened to Brink. Completely different genre if you ask me. It wasn't just a typical shooter, yet they reviewed it like one. Anything that has classes in its MP portion has an uphill battle ahead of it. The K/D ratio clowns don't like that. They want instant gratification for themselves, and only themselves.

People need to stop catering to the COD fanboys and just stick to what they know, or what new ideas they have. Because honestly, I'm sick to death of the COD series/formula. The way it plays, the way it feels, and the players that inhabit it.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="REEEPR, post: 5580803]Too many people who didn't "get" the 8 man co op complained about R2 sucking. They voiced their opinion the most and the loudest on forums and got what they wanted. I suggest we do the same leading up to the "hopefully" next sequal. Let's bi**h and moan so much that they have to bring back our beloved co op. Let's let our voices be heard. TBH i'll probably play R3 for a month and shelve it. Then i'll go back to R2.[/QUOTE]8 man co op was great, it made the game better.

Zswordsman

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2007
Tacoma
[QUOTE="unicron7, post: 5580836]Insomniac had to cater to the complainers. The LCD. You know, the guys who want to feel like an MP god when they play a match. Any game that focuses on teamwork, or on an objective in the gameplay usually gets pi**ed on by the gaming media and by the majority of gamers. Look what happened to Brink. Completely different genre if you ask me. It wasn't just a typical shooter, yet they reviewed it like one. Anything that has classes in its MP portion has an uphill battle ahead of it. The K/D ratio clowns don't like that. They want instant gratification for themselves, and only themselves.

People need to stop catering to the COD fanboys and just stick to what they know, or what new ideas they have. Because honestly, I'm sick to death of the COD series/formula. The way it plays, the way it feels, and the players that inhabit it.[/QUOTE]
heck yeah, R2 would have been just like RFOM if it wasn't for COD4 mesmerizing the entire genre. I mean COD is/was fun but everyone copying them is starting to get annoying. I really thought R3 was gonna give me RFOm and r2 coop gameplay but i guess its just giving me another COD-Resistance hybrid.

gumionday

Dedicated Member
May 10, 2007
Wait a second, I am a little confuzzled. So in R3 there is no co-op? None whatsoever?
I heard about making the online 16 players, but does that mean there is no online co-op mode at all?

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="gumionday, post: 5581041]Wait a second, I am a little confuzzled. So in R3 there is no co-op? None whatsoever?
I heard about making the online 16 players, but does that mean there is no online co-op mode at all?[/QUOTE]It is a 2 man co op, where you play the story mode.