Rate The Last Movie You've Seen

Dec 3, 2006
I just finished watching X-Men:The Last Stand on Blu-ray and I have to say, I'm thoroughly impressed. It's a great action packed movie with great special effects. I give it a 8.5 out of 10.

The first X-Men is on FX right now and wow do the actors look much younger. Jean looks especially old in the third movie ;)

Jan 18, 2006
American History X.

Though I only watched 10 minutes of it, I remember watching a few years back.

Simply stupendous movie. 9.5/10

dc writer

Dedicated Member
Dec 8, 2006
Toronto
I finally gave into my girlfriend and we watched "In persuit of Happyness"

lucky thing i set my standards low for this one.. pretty good movie 9.5/10

ShawdoBoxer

Superior Member
Oct 20, 2006
[QUOTE="OKlondon, post: 0]White Noise 2, 4/10 thought it was crap.[/quote]

LOL! Yeah me and my gf watched that one and it sucked.
Last movie for me was "Invincible" 4/10 the movie seemed rushed not much interesting dialog. Its worth watching if it only came on tv.

Svetlana

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2005
England
East is East.

What a fabulous film. A tale of contrasting cultures, a Pakistani father who wants his children to adopt a Pakistani way life. Unfortunately, his children consider themselves to be English so the arranged marriages that are proposed for the men in the house don't go down too well.

Despite this seemingly volatile storyline, East Is East is a witty, unmissable comedy about immigration in England during the seventies. Multiculturalism like this looks so good on film.

9/10

garyfitz

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2006
www.play181.com
War of the Worlds

I was totally disappointed with this film. I was expecting so much more, especially from Speilberg. The start was cool enough when the electrical storms and that and the ships are discovered underground, but boy talk about going downhill from there. It wasnt an alien movie, it was one dead beat dads adventure to save his kids. Even when they were at the top of the hill, and you can see tanks and missles firing like sh1t into the sky, it sounds like WW3, but you never see over the hill. Total crap.

4/10

Xtreme04

Superior Member
Jul 23, 2006
Theaters: The Pursuit of Happiness
(9/10)
Didn't expect it to be too good but it was very very good

DVD:
Beerfest (8.5/10)
- It was hilarious! if you loved super troopers ull love this one!

Poseidon(8.5/10)
- Good remake but some of the ship scenes jsut were too fake for me :(

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
Beerfest was funny so yeah I gave it a similar score.

1.Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
8/10 since I saw a glimpse of Will Ferrel's booty lol.

2.The Illusionist
9/10 this movie ones.

3.The Covenant
5/10 there are better Japanese films with fighting scenes superior to this.
ie the returner, princess blade, etc.

Sep 5, 2006
Crank - 8/10

What a refreshingly fun, funny, and action packed adventure. It's good to see a movie that so obviously doesn't take itself too seriously, and it certainly pays off with a lot of the laughs you'll have with this one. It's full of suspense along the way, too, right down to the very end, I was on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next.

Surely not set to win any awards, but who cares? Any movie that's just plain fun as this one was is certainly worth a few viewing sessions. Perhaps Snakes on a Plane has started a revolution...or perhaps I speak too soon.

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="Xaor, post: 0]V for Vendetta - 9/10

Superb Movie, especially if you pick up the underlying plot.[/quote]
It's a really good movie.

Children of Men
9/10

Loved the camerawork and effects.The movie itself was great too.

Sep 5, 2006
Resident Evil: Apocalypse 6/10

Maybe I've been spoiled by one too many quality RE games, or it could be that I'm a bit too critical of zombie movies. It's probably a bit of both, but whatever way you cut it, Resident Evil: Apocalypse falls short.

As an adaptation/spin-off of the game, it delivers in some aspects, which is part of the reason my rating isn't lower. Jill was played somewhat faithfully(although she seemed a bit more vulgar than I had expected), the zombies were as numerous and slow as they were in the games, and Nemesis was actually spot-on.

What I didn't like was the mood, what they did and apparently will continue to do with Alice, and how they handled the outbreak, how it was dealt with, and the Umbrella Corporation almost in it's entirety.

Firstly, it wasn't scary...at all, and had little to no suspense, which completely kills off what was done so well in the games. All of this is fine for a zombie movie however, as I felt the remake of Dawn of the Dead was superb, and I don't think it was scary at all, but it did have some suspense.

As a zombie movie, it also fails in that it doesn't have enough focus on the threat of zombies. They only seemed to show up when it was more or less convenient for the plot to take a turn for the worst, and the grave yard scene was horrendous, I might add. I'd rather not continue, as I'm sure my bitterness is showing through enough as it is. Again, I'd like to say it's because I'm a pretty big fan of the video-game franchise, but it's a bit of that and the fact that I love zombie movies, both of which this film fails to deliver adequately.

Despite these faults, it's still not a terrible movie, there's some humor, the action itself was entertaining, and the ending was probably the most redeeming factor of the entire experience, save for the security guard bleeding from his extremities..as I've already stated my disdain for Alice's abilities. Most definitely a rental.

Dec 25, 2005
Rocky Balboa - 9/10.

It was pretty nice, back to the roots of the original movie.

Fast food nation - 3/10.

The 3 is just for the "seeming" message that this film has, other than that its pure, unadulterated garbage.

Final destination 3 - 10/10.

I loved this movie, the gruesome violence shown is just amazing. I loved the storyline and the effects were ace! One thing I love about this film is that theres a real ending, not a "happy" one.

A scanner darkly - 9.5/10

Amazing film, the rotoscoping looked real enough! The story was nice, though I didnt read the book. The ending was beautiful.

AndyD

Oct 3, 2006
The Illusionist, 8/10.
Children of Men 10/10, probably the best movie I have seen in years.

These past six months have had more good movies than I have seen in the pst 10 years combined I think, in terms of actual storylines and acting and visuals and "whole package" feel.

The Departed, The Prestige, Blood Diamond, Children of Men, Fearless, The Illusionist, Little Miss Sunshine, Borat...
I am glad Hollywood has moved away to a certain extent from superhero/supernatural movies that rely on a strong comic book background and impressive CGI.

Nov 22, 2005
I saw Happy N'Ever After, I can say that it has it's funny moments, but it's predictable and short. The graphics are nice, but not as detailed as it could have been. So I am going to give it a 7/10.

Cyrann

Master Guru
Oct 2, 2006
Green Street Hooligan's = 9/10

If you like soccer and fighting, then watch this movie. it brings to light the loyalty and heart behind the fans of European Football Clubs...

Great movie...
----------------------------------------------------------------
CRANK (blu-ray) = 10/10

Unreal, UN real is all that comes to mind!

Xepher

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2006
Lady In The Water. This is one of those movies you have to just ignore all the flaws and try to enjoy the story. It really was not believable and over the top, but the cast of eccentric characters were a lot of fun. I loved that guy who only worked out the right side of his body. I liked the movie despite the flaws.

8/10

DontKnowMe

Forum Elder
Oct 19, 2006
Mission Impossible 3.
5/10.
I didn't like the secondary storyline. It made it seem less like an action movie.
It wasn't as good as the first 2.

Dec 25, 2005
Children of men - 10/10.

I really loved the way the story was portrayed realistically with the intensity of a war situation and the near prophetic birth of a child.

ShawdoBoxer

Superior Member
Oct 20, 2006
Gridiron Gang 5/10

This is one of these movies you've seen hundreds of times, the story line was not deep enough, and not to mention the bad actors. The Rock did ok in this movie, I just sat and watch this movie with no emotion, it never grabs you. Worth watching if it only came on tv.

Oct 30, 2005
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. I've seen this film several times before.

Visually speaking I'd give it a 10/10. How can you not be wowed!

Storyline was slightly disappointing for me, and you saw a lot of Cloud and Tifa, but very little of the rest of the 'crew'. Kadaj was convincing as the antagonist. 6/10 for the plot.

I also much prefered the english subtitled version to the dubbed version.