RE 5 graphics comparison

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
http://www.my360.com.au/Post.aspx?id=7609

Yes the 360 does look better IMO, i believe this is because of the superiority of its graphics card it just displays things a little better than the ps3 even though the ps3 can display overall better looking games

i also noted with the xbox version of GTA 4 today, that there was a lot less aliasing even though the reviews said that the ps3 version had better AA but this simply isnt true, i think its something that i have accepted that the graphic output 'quality' is a tiny bit superior yet as we all know the ps3 makes up for it plus more with its cell

Lirion

Sony samurai
Dec 14, 2005
It's a demo, the PS3 demo might also be an older version of the game. Wait for the real thing to get released and then make the pointless comparsions.

Jabjabs

Elite Guru
May 10, 2006
www.superderp.com
Xenos does do a good job of rendering scenes out with a very nice overall visual quality, it's not anything miles ahead of Ps3 and I wouldn't say it's any better as a whole but it really is just dependent on preference. I mean I preferred Fallout on Ps3 and yet I would pick something like Need for Speed undercover on 360. Different rendering for different tastes.

Remember both Xenos and RSX are very capable and very close on performance.

Nuvian

Master Sage
Feb 4, 2008
The game does look better on the 360, but then again most people don't play the game frame by frame with 2 versions next to each other :D

bliss177

Dedicated Member
Mar 8, 2006
are you sure ? I'm pretty sure the final build will be identical. and RE5 is one of the most wanted PS3 game in Japan, and I highly doubt 360 version will look better.

bliss177

Dedicated Member
Mar 8, 2006
[QUOTE="Jabjabs, post: 0]Xenos does do a good job of rendering scenes out with a very nice overall visual quality, it's not anything miles ahead of Ps3 and I wouldn't say it's any better as a whole but it really is just dependent on preference. I mean I preferred Fallout on Ps3 and yet I would pick something like Need for Speed undercover on 360. Different rendering for different tastes.

Remember both Xenos and RSX are very capable and very close on performance.[/quote]

I'm not a developer, but judging from KillZone2 and Uncharted2 graphics, I would assume PS3 is a more capable system all in all !
ps: multiplatform games and ports are a different story for obvious reasons.
anyway who does care, is game-play and story what does really matter.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
Owning both systems it seems to me that 360 has the edge in GPU related things and PS3 has the edge in CPU related things in games.

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
I'll wait till they get there hands on the final release version of the game. Doesn't matter, could careless which one looks better.

Jan 4, 2009
Omg, it's things like this that make me keep juggling between 360 and PS3!!

First Im like:
Okay I'm getting a PS3...!
Now Im like:
But one of my fave video game franchises has better graphics on the 360!!

GRR this has happened so many time, its frustrating!

hillybilly

Elite Member
Apr 29, 2008
Another comparison? When are people going to give up looking for one tiny pixel in the wrong place and just play the dammed games -.-

EDIT: Anyway im not accepting a comparison till its from a decent/fair site... A website with "360" in its name is likely to be at least a little bit bias

saint seya

Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2007
ps3 is more powerful, but with great power comes great responsibility... (at least for the devs to take advantaje of that power),360 is less powerful but it's easy to develop for, so that's why multiplat games look better for the ms machine....

Sep 29, 2008
Lol, they had to zoom way the hell in to notice any difference. I would say either version is fine. Unless you are obsessed with seeing more HD maggots.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
yeah when both are in motion they look down right identical, and while i said that the xbox may output a higher quality of graphics by the tiniest tiniest margin, that doesn't mean i find it more appealing...i love the way the ps3 renders its games especially gta (sorry but thinking about it more i think the reviewers meant the actual city and environnments was better aliased on ps3 which i think is because of the slightly lower resolution while on the xbox the character is well aliased however the environments do not look as solid in that sense)

wishcraft

Apprentice
May 23, 2005
[QUOTE="saint seya, post: 0]ps3 is more powerful, but with great power comes great responsibility... (at least for the devs to take advantaje of that power),360 is less powerful but it's easy to develop for, so that's why multiplat games look better for the ms machine....[/quote]

plagiarism!! you stole that quote from spiderman the movie!! ;P

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
[QUOTE="wishcraft, post: 0]plagiarism!! you stole that quote from spiderman the movie!! ;P[/quote]
I hope the latter part of that sentence was supposed to be more sarcastic than the rest...

Nov 10, 2005
I find it amusing that the OP's name is PS3isthebestobe, but he posts a game looking better on the 360 lol. No harm intended to the OP, I just find it funny that's all. My opinion matches Lirions.

S

SixAxisRumble

I think this game was always going to look better on 360 as it was always the 360 version they use to show the game off.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
hehe that is kinda funny...i was more just pointing out something i had noticed but i still think it is the best to be....my friends xbox in the space of 5 minutes (and this was 10 mins after opening it from the box) had a RROD and scratched the hell out of his GTA 4 i was loling hard

Aug 1, 2007
I don't think Capcom will release the game like this.. because it will be a disaster after they have announced several times that the two version are identical .

A

adiearnold

Even though i have both the xbox and ps3 im going to get it on the ps3 wether or not there is a difference..and judging by those images the difference is miniscule

scribbler

Apprentice
Apr 21, 2007
[QUOTE="Nuvian, post: 0]The game does look better on the 360, but then again most people don't play the game frame by frame with 2 versions next to each other :D[/quote]

I agree. X Box does have the graphical edge in this case but I can't see it being noticeable when playing the games. I'm likely to pick this up for X Box but we'll see how it goes in regards to DLC n etc.

Lirion

Sony samurai
Dec 14, 2005
There is a big difference between these versions and clearly the 360 version looks better, but since it's a demo we don't know from what build each version is from and I doubt Capcom will release the game with such a difference between them. If you'r going to decide what version to get based on pixelcount then I say wait til you see both finished versions.

SonyJunkie

Gaming Guru
May 14, 2006
The 360 looks alot better. So much more detail in the textures and everything is smoother looking. I don't own a 360 and will not have them playing side by side so it will still look fantastic on the PS3.