RE 5 graphics comparison

bobtheduck

Elite Guru
Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
DID I SERIOUSLY SEE SOMEONE SAY THE PS3 VERSION LOOKS LIKE THE PS2???!!!

If that was hyperbole and a degree of simply "being an ***" then... Well, it was just stupid either way, but if you actually believe that, you need to take off those green glasses, because the emerald city actually doesn't look that great without them...

The differences are small, and as the poster pic showed, they may not even be the same build.

La_Resistance

Superior Member
Sep 26, 2008
Gametrailers.com - Resident Evil 5 - PS3/360 Demo Comparison HD[/url]
I'm gonna have to say they either switched which photos were which or w/e. But I'll definetly take the Official GameTrailers comparison over some kid doing his own personal click n paste photo comparison. The differences aren't really that noticable except in the cutscenes, especially when it's on the crowd in the begining.

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
Who cares if the Xbox 360 versions and/or PS3 version looks better. Al though it's pretty cool to check out, it's not really that important. I can't believe the Xbox360 version looks better though. I'm not entirely sure that's the Xbox360 version though. :confused:

D

D4rk-Knigh7

i don't really care about the useless fussing between particle effects/dust....just play the game...

Stoffinator

Power Member
May 23, 2005
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Well it is Capcom making the game and they aren't really good on the PS3. Anybody knows the PS3 is capable more, just look at Killzone 2 and Uncharted. But with that said, both still look very good.

dakidx

Dedicated Member
Dec 30, 2007
me and my friends we do self comparisons because some "reliable sources" have appear t o have changed tv settings like i don't know brightness sharpness contrast also where is this comparison cuz i have done a comparsion well not me but i was there...

A

Ali_Ps3addict

Hey guys i don't want to make a new thread i just want to tell you guys that I just read on wikipedia that the demo will be released simultaneously for Xbox live marketplace and PSN store on January 13th i don't think whether that's true or not as anybody can edit what they want on wikipedia lol

here is the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_5

Castiel

Superior Member
Jan 1, 2009
I don't feel like making a new thread, so I'll ask hear. I haven't ever really played any Resident Evil games; can I still get this game without worrying that I might miss out on parts of the story?

Sep 10, 2005
Particle effects and all realtime effects can be seen in motion not in a picture.A real time effect might as well vanish after a split of a second,so he might as well doctor that to his advantage.I'm not sure about the shaders,there he might be right,since the xbox is capable of longer shaders than the ps3 is.Now about the texture resolution...the Ps3 had a disadvantage back then when its OS occupied more memory.But thats a thing of the past now,so the texture detail must be on par,except if the build is older or there is more to it.From the high quality video there is no difference at all in the two builds.And in the end thats what matters.

Sep 29, 2008
[QUOTE="arfi-gorgona-O, post: 0]Particle effects and all realtime effects can be seen in motion not in a picture.A real time effect might as well vanish after a split of a second,so he might as well doctor that to his advantage.I'm not sure about the shaders,there he might be right,since the xbox is capable of longer shaders than the ps3 is.Now about the texture resolution...the Ps3 had a disadvantage back then when its OS occupied more memory.But thats a thing of the past now,so the texture detail must be on par,except if the build is older or there is more to it.From the high quality video there is no difference at all in the two builds.And in the end thats what matters.[/quote]

Seems to me the PS3 version is of an older build, certain objects are missing.

Taylor1981

Superior Member
Oct 6, 2006
The proof is 'in the eating of the pudding' as they say.

A New Year and already fud is being slung. Different build demo's being compared, MS commenting on Sony's price, Dev's saying 'nothing exciting in 2009', websites giving Killzone2 a 'what reviews will say' article. Does my sweed in!

Does it have to be another year of BS comparisons?