Re-Downloading content on NEW xbox

Apr 23, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Going to get the new 360 (it would be rude not to considering how sexy it looks) and is going to trade in my current 60gb.

Can you re-download content connected to your gamertag? I know you didnt used to be able to do it and you had to use the transfer cable is this still the case?

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
Yes. XBL keeps track of everything you've bought and downloaded in a list you can access from the Dashboard then que for redownload. Simply click on your profile/avatar on the dashboad then go to Account Management. However, if you're getting another 360 you should probably do the license transfer so you can use content assigned to the Serial of your 60GB on your new 360S when offline. http://www.xbox.com/en-us/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:

Roadside

Elite Member
Feb 14, 2010
Yes. Just connect to Xbox Live and recover your gamer tag, sign in, then re-download any content that was on your previous Xbox.

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
[QUOTE="Nerevarine, post: 5091966]Yes. XBL keeps track of everything you've bought and downloaded in a list you can access from the Dashboard then que for redownload. Simply click on your profile/avatar on the dashboad then go to Account Management. However, if you're getting another 360 you should probably do the license transfer so you can use content assigned to the Serial of your 60GB on your new 360S when offline. http://www.xbox.com/en-us/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

Hope that helps. :)[/QUOTE]
Hey thanks for that information, I was unaware of this license transfer thing and it has helped me in advance for my purchase of a new 360S next week. +Rep

Thing is, I plan to keep both Xbox's. One in the lounge and one in the bedroom. Does this mean that I can only play DLC I downloaded on one of those machines? Or can I use my DLC on both?

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
[QUOTE="emmerich, post: 5092003]Hey thanks for that information, I was unaware of this license transfer thing and it has helped me in advance for my purchase of a new 360S next week. +Rep

Thing is, I plan to keep both Xbox's. One in the lounge and one in the bedroom. Does this mean that I can only play DLC I downloaded on one of those machines? Or can I use my DLC on both?[/QUOTE]

if you liscense transfer then that xbox can be offline while you play the game. The older xbox always has to be online to play dlc. So yes you can use it on both, but the one you dont have liscense on will have to be online.

Roadside

Elite Member
Feb 14, 2010
Transfer is tricky business. I know I tried it and it transfered almost everything over, but in the end, I was missing some things. I prefer to just wipe the drive clean and start over fresh. ;)

Sep 12, 2007
Not necessary everything can be redownloaded as many gamers like to believe. Most common things that you may not be able to redownload are promotional game or movie. Go though your game and movie download history to see if any becomes unknown. It is safer to use the transfer cable to transfer all the files over. And, then migrate the license. Even you do them, there is still no guarantee certain movie you downloaded will play.