Reccommend me some launch games...

Dec 11, 2005
I plan to preorder Motorstorm and The Getaway 3 with my PS3. Assuming I have some cash left over, what other games do you reccommend I try? I've never been in to FPSs but if you think I'd like them then go ahead...

Nov 18, 2005
Do you have a certin preferance in games? Ex. (Sports games, Horror, Racing etc.) have you ever played FPS? If not, at least you should give it a try. I would recommend warhawk or MGS4 based on the info you gave.

immortal

The Magnificent One
Nov 22, 2005
advanture- heavenly sword, metal gear solid 4, sonic
FPS(just in case)- I-8, killing day...
sports- fight night round 3, madden 07(if it launchs wit ps3)
fighting-tekken

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
I would recommend Project Offset if its ready or Lair. Both are creative new looking games that offer a lot of cool new gameplay elements.

KRIS_911

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2005
NoUseMercenary said:
I would recommend Project Offset if its ready or Lair. Both are creative new looking games that offer a lot of cool new gameplay elements.
Ha yeah project offset gonna own. But it going to pc 1# I dont know if they can do it so fast to port it to the consoles. I mean they sould make 3 diff versons of the game since PS3 it would have the no.1 graphics on it.

Also no it is not comeing out for the pc or anything for a long time and it do out in 2007/2008. And that prolly just pc I dont know.

Versa

Forum Elder
Dec 24, 2005
I doubt Heavnly Sword will be a launch title, I hope it is, but doubt it. It looks real nice. I reccomend Killing Day, looks mindblowing. Puts all duel - wielding in the past, to shame.

SolidifiedPenguin

Superior Member
Aug 31, 2005
CompGeek said:
StrikeMaster Ice said:
I would recommend Unreal Tournament 2007, since it was confirmed as a launch title for PS3.
So now the PS3 has a fall 2006 launch date? Like to see that link.
It was said that Unreal Tournament 2007 will be a PS3 launch title, but no where does it say when UT07 will be released. I ve seen some pages where it says UT07 is coming in spring, but its probably just rumours.

Euan

Dec 30, 2005
www.touchds.com
One of the most stupid topics I've ever seen, no offence dude.

Nobody has any idea what games will launch with the PS3. What I can guarentee is there will be a bunch of EA games, but that's all I can tell you. Madden, FIFA, NHL- they'll all be there. Apart from that, guessing, even with the supposed "confirmed" launch games would be stupid - Dead or Alive 4 was a 'launch game' for the 360, as was Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

Steroyd

Elite Sage
Jun 17, 2005
I plan to preorder Motorstorm and The Getaway 3 with my PS3. Assuming I have some cash left over, what other games do you reccommend I try? I've never been in to FPSs but if you think I'd like them then go ahead...
where the heck did you get Getaway 3 announced as an up and coming PS3 launch title?

they didn't announce one is on the way all they did was a Getaway tech demo.... but to be fair it'll probably end up like the Final Fantasy VII "tech demo"

Euan

Dec 30, 2005
www.touchds.com
Dude, why don't you just pre-order the Playstation 3, and as it becomes closer to the launch and we can tell what games are coming out, order the games now. No point pre-ordering the Getaway when the chances, in my opinion, of it coming out are slim.

Poison

Dedicated Member
Oct 2, 2005
coolguy said:
how can we help u pick launch games.
when we dont have a clue. on what games
sony will launch with the ps3 lol

That I don't get also :lol: and for why topics like this are made.

Dec 12, 2005
you can always just play PS2 games until better games are released for the PS3 later in 2006.. we all know wut games the PS2 games has or will have..

DeadlyFire

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2005
drgf.notlong.com
Here are a few I recommend that are highly likely to be released before the end of 2006.

MGS 4 - its gonna be a great FPS game, and it has a well developed story just like all the other MGS games.

Resident Evil 5 - RE is always fun series its a FPS/horror type of game.

Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007 - The next WWE game for next year. They have already confirmed this will be on PS3 and they always release their wrestling games before or around December.

Madden 07 - first next gen. football game with all its features and less bugs than 06 on X360. :lol:

Jan 3, 2006
get killzone i heard that it will have some of the sickest graphics of most of the games that are going to be released. it is also going to be super fun. you also get to shoot the **** out of the things you are fighting against.