Reel Fishing

Sep 7, 2007
Oregon
the old PSone game? i don't remember the controlls cause i played it like 10 years ago, but i remember it was very difficult. you had to twitch the string a lot.

Miney

Forum Elder
Oct 31, 2007
I was actually going to download this game but i wasn't sure about it. How are the graphics on it? Besides not having the ability to catch a fish, is there any other blemishes?

And jamesclark1991, cheers for the help toward the Thread OP mate. Have you played the game? Maybe instead of getting your post count up, you could help someone out.

Mist

Super Elite
Mar 5, 2007
Obviously the graphics are pretty poor, but at the time it first came out I bet it was pretty impressive.

I had fun playing it, even though I couldn't get a catch, not bad at all for £3.50

Apr 9, 2008
[QUOTE="Mist, post: 0]So how do I catch a fish?[/quote]
Well i wondered this too! Has anyone caught a fish yet? Its nigh on impossible i tell you. The fish master is also rather creepy he has nothing on Captain Birdseye i tell you.

Feb 28, 2007
I have had this game since it came out on the PS3 store, and can't catch a damn thing. Apparently you can catch bigger fish if you manage to get through the small fish levels. But alas... I don't think I'll ever know for sure....

Apr 9, 2008
[QUOTE="Behemoko, post: 0]No, this is reel fishing. :razz:

I got this game 10 years ago for some occasion I don't remember, lol.[/quote]

Are you suggesting what the fellow PS3 Forum readers are seeing rarity in its purist form =) I wish i was jealous i'm trying to find it in myself but i just can't dammit! Thanks for posting the pic it did make me chuckle somewhat.

Mist

Super Elite
Mar 5, 2007
[QUOTE="Behemoko, post: 0]No, this is reel fishing. :razz:

I got this game 10 years ago for some occasion I don't remember, lol.[/quote]

So... How do I catch a fish?

TheDude

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2007
This was a great game at the time! I caught every species!

Each fish requires a different method and a different bait, much like real life!

I dont remember the controls but for the majority you have to wait for the fish to bite, but be patient, dont just strike straight away.

Make sure you have the fish hooked and then go for it!

If you go to early, most of the time you will miss the fish!

When you're briniging the fish in make sure you dont stop reeling in, but dont go stupidly fast either!

Theres a few fish, like flat fish on that game which take hours to catch, but its superb fun!

I cant even imagine how bad the graphics are now though! :mrgreen:

If you get frustrated, stick GTA V in and run some people over! :-D

Miney

Forum Elder
Oct 31, 2007
I have already posted but would like to thank some descriptions that people have posted about the game. I think i will hold off on this for a while even though it isn't very much at all. Would still like to play some more GTA and i doubt this game will win me over that.

Just one more question though, can you use the Sixaxis to 'jag' the fish? Now that would be cool!