Remedy's latest game, Control, launches August 27 on PS4, Xbox One and PC

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006

We've been releasing new features and videos about Remedy's latest game, Control, for the past few weeks, but one nagging detail has remained elusive: When the heck is this thing coming out, anyway? We knew it was coming sometime this summer, but we didn't know the exact date.

Today, an entry on Microsoft's online store accidentally revealed the release date, which we have confirmed with Remedy. What are you doing this August? More specifically, what are you doing August 27? That's when the game will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

For a whole lot more about the game, click on the image below and visit our coverage hub. It's loaded with exclusive interviews with the dev team and behind-the-scenes information.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/03/21/control-is-coming-out-this-august

It definitely has some interesting ideas so I hope it ends up being good.

Control is Jesse Fadens’ story. The main plot focuses on her personal search for answers as she grows into the role of the Director. The world of Control has its own story, as do the allies Jesse meets along the way. Side-quests and Secrets are everywhere. Jesse works with other Bureau agents, decodes cryptic ciphers and discovers strange Bureau experiments.
  • World Within a Location – Explore diverse environments and shifting architecture in a deep unpredictable world, set within a sprawling New York building.
  • Flexible and Supernatural Combat System – Define your playstyle by integrating supernatural abilities, upgrades, and modifiable loadouts.
  • Reactive Environments – Harness dynamic environmental destruction for exciting combat possibilities and master complex rituals to alter your surroundings.
  • Reality Meets the Unexplained – Dive into a dark and brutalist-inspired world where daily reality has been corrupted by an otherworldly force.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Yeah I heard Quantum Break was ok I personally enjoyed Alan Wake. I hope Control turns out to be decent since this is is the first time they have gone multiplatform for quite some time.

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
Yeah I heard Quantum Break was ok I personally enjoyed Alan Wake. I hope Control turns out to be decent since this is is the first time they have gone multiplatform for quite some time.
I loved Quantum Break, but it was no Alan Wake. I swear to god if they made a worthy Alan Wake sequel, gamers would rejoice.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
I loved Quantum Break, but it was no Alan Wake. I swear to god if they made a worth Alan Wake sequel, gamers would rejoice.
I enjoyed QB too. I didn't like the TV stuff that much, but it didn't ruin the experience for me. Alan wake was better. Remedy makes good story driven games. They are very underrated IMO. I'm looking forward to playing Control.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
The way you progress through the game sounds similar to Super Metroid (exploration, unlocking abilities etc). So for those that thought Quantum Break was too linear, this will be a welcome change of pace.

Laddie13

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 7, 2018
I got to play Control at GDC, it’s actually quite good from what I saw. It was only a twenty minute demo, but movement and combat felt nice and intuitive. You have one weapon throughout but it can be modded and upgraded to behave differently. It’s still going to be mostly linear but with a bit more freedom, slight RPG elements with a Metroidvania twist.

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
Reviews seem pretty good, so I went ahead and bought the game. I would love for it to unlock today when I get home, but I am sure that won't happen.

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
Loving the game so far. Very story intensive, as well as "puzzles" so you really can't say much without spoilers. Great gun play, great telekinesis physics, graphics are good, but missing HDR. 1400p on the X. If you liked Alan Wake and Quantum Break, you will like this game.