Report: PS5 DELAY: Overheating issues + covid impact is causing Sony to Panic

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Looked at the source... i dunno, the way the source writes makes him sound like your average internet user, or dare say, a fanboy.

The guy is literally going though a check lists of things he can spin off in a negative light, ending up with how it's like to actually develop for... which isn't really something pertinent to a delay.

I'd say put a pin in it, and take it with some salt.

DF yesterday said that Cerny had already earmarked a time where they would do a full teardown of the unit. Seem odd to be confident of that when you don't even have a unit in the first place.

Also... it's Windows Central breaking this, so...

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Wouldn't rule this out entirely though. Look like global situation is impacting Sony much more than it is for Microsoft (even though US seems to be having much more trouble than Japan... but Europe...)

MS has recognized they're addressing challenges like never before, but still confident with their deadlines. Their infrastructure and cloud work is top notch.

Hoping for both to do their best though. I really wanted to play TLOU on PS5.

May 20, 2008
Wouldn't rule this out entirely though. Look like global situation is impacting Sony much more than it is for Microsoft (even though US seems to be having much more trouble than Japan... but Europe...)

MS has recognized they're addressing challenges like never before, but still confident with their deadlines. Their infrastructure and cloud work is top notch.

Hoping for both to do their best though. I really wanted to play TLOU on PS5.
I guess it's still a bit early to say what's gonna happen. A delay from both wouldn't be surprising considering what's going on around the world right now. One thing for sure, there's been some weird crap going on at Sony for months now. I figured we would at least know how the console looks by now. According to their so called insiders they were much further along in the process than Microsoft.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Yeah I think Coronavirus will mess a lot of releases up for a lot of things. Yeah delays won't surprise me. Honestly I'm not that hyped for next generation.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
The PS4 Pro at any menu is absolutely ridiculous for fan noise!
Indeed. I had to get rid of my Spider-Man theme because it skyrocketed the fan noise... even without a game running on the background.

I can't believe PS4 Pro has such poor cooling.