Resident Evil 5 trophy progression; How are you doing?

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
How's everyone doing with the trophies in Resident Evil 5? Just stuck the game in my PS3 myself, so i haven't actually got any yet :snicker.

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
I know. it's weird isn't it?

I need a co-op partner aswell. Sheva's AI sucks in Veteran mode.

jlenno5

Superior Member
Jan 27, 2008
yeahh all new games should have trophies in them. I've seen stuff on the front page a while back that said that all new games should have trophies but its up to the developers.

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
[QUOTE="Carl, post: 0]I know. it's weird isn't it?

I need a co-op partner aswell. Sheva's AI sucks in Veteran mode.[/quote]

Sheva's AI sucks period, it was so horrible in the demo.

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
[QUOTE="the_End, post: 0]Sheva's AI sucks period, it was so horrible in the demo.[/quote]

She thinks it's a good idea to stand in one place and shoot axe-weilding maniacs from about 1 foot infront of them.

zoidy84

Forum Elder
Feb 3, 2009
Plymouth, UK
one Q about trophies for RE:5...

in the link above it doesn't list many online trophies up for grabs, however i remember seeing a post about add-on modes for online play coming soon and wondered if they would have trophies OR if they is an updated list with the new trophies?

I guess not though because i think i've read that all PS3 games MUST have trophies and are regulated to only have 48 in total?

Aug 7, 2007
[QUOTE="zoidy84, post: 0]one Q about trophies for RE:5...

in the link above it doesn't list many online trophies up for grabs, however i remember seeing a post about add-on modes for online play coming soon and wondered if they would have trophies OR if they is an updated list with the new trophies?

I guess not though because i think i've read that all PS3 games MUST have trophies and are regulated to only have 48 in total?[/quote]

The add-on modes for online play have their own trophies. If I view my trophy collection on PS3 it just lists those in the list, however if I do compare with a friend all the new online trophies ones appear.

Anyway I've only managed 3 trophies so far, 2 just for progressing through the game. Got the chainsaw guy from the demo, failed yet again to defeat him and gave up. :|

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
[QUOTE="Carl, post: 0]She thinks it's a good idea to stand in one place and shoot axe-weilding maniacs from about 1 foot infront of them.[/quote]

To true, or decides it's best to go into a mob of four or five enemies... I mean... genius!

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
Have around 1% of trophies now, just starting to get good. Just got off the hovercraft part.

R3D D3V!L

PSU Editorial Assistant
Mar 12, 2007
Wigan, England

I guess not though because i think i've read that all PS3 games MUST have trophies and are regulated to only have 48 in total?[/quote]

Fallout 3 has 51 trophies

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007

Wrong, they can have whatever amount they want. Resident Evil 5 has 51 trophies, Prince of Persia has 61 Trophies, it's all up to the developers. Anyways, I bought the game and so far love it and I hated the demo :lol:. Anyways, on Chapter 3-1 with 11% of the trophies done.

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
Yeah i didn't go for trophies on first run either. But i completed it last night so now it's trophy time :p

lloyd_yayo

Superior Member
May 30, 2008
have beaten the game (with a friend, its the best way) and have 40%. somehow i got a trophey for the last chapter, however i cant go back to that chapter, nor did i get the extra costumes or mercaniers mode. i notice too on some parts where i joined others in their online games i didnt get credit for completing that chapter.

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
Think I finished up yesterday with 11%.

Got a last minute bonus by accidentally getting a Silver Trophy for deflecting an arrow with my knife. Happened to be slashing at a dude in front of me when it happened :snicker

lloyd_yayo

Superior Member
May 30, 2008
[QUOTE="Fergus2k8, post: 0]Some questions on this.

If you completed the game on normal, will that unlock normal AND amuteur trophy completion?

And can you get trophies online?[/quote]

you can get trophies online and no it wont overlap the lesser difficulty. basically you cant beat veteran mode and have that count as amatuer and normal

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
[QUOTE="lloyd_yayo, post: 0]you can get trophies online and no it wont overlap the lesser difficulty. basically you cant beat veteran mode and have that count as amatuer and normal[/quote]

What? I'm pretty sure if you beat Veteran, you will the the Normal and Amateur trophies, it's like that in every single game.

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
Picked up a Silver for capping a driver of an armoured car tonight :D

Coupled with a few from the co-op session, I'm about 20-something percent now.. really getting into it too :D

Kyo.

Master Guru
Feb 1, 2007
57% done, should only be 1-2 more play throughs and ill have that Platinum :mrgreen:
[QUOTE="-Deadpool-, post: 0]Picked up a Silver for capping a driver of an armoured car tonight :D

Coupled with a few from the co-op session, I'm about 20-something percent now.. really getting into it too :D[/quote]

if you need a partner/hand ill play 8)
i also actually like the Chick so i wont fight for Chris ;)