Resistance 2 in 2008, Syphon Filter PS3 in 2009

the jackle.2

Dedicated Member
Oct 31, 2006
http://www.ripten.com/2007/11/24/psm3-resistance-2-in-2008-syphon-filter-ps3-in-2009/

However, there’s more exciting stuff. Firstly, Infinity Ward are rumoured to be working on an all new IP, expected to hit in 2009. Second, a next-gen Hitman should be coming in the Summer of 2008, and thirdly Ubisoft Montreal are bringing Far Cry to the PS3 in 2008, possibly even early 2008, but at the moment are working on Prince of Persia (!).
Yet, perhaps even more exciting than this is that Insomniac are in full swing with Resistance 2, with its global unvieling happening early next year and Insomniac hoping to release the game late 2008. That is insane. A strong PS3 game every year without fail just shows how incredibly talented those guys at Insomniac are. At this rate Resistance 2 might even release before Metal Gear Solid 4 (I jest). Finally, the magazine states that Sony is busting their butts to have Syphon Filter for PS3 ready to release in 2009.
oh that would be great,rfom2 in 08

Rynoboy

Mod In Training
May 9, 2007
Good news I guess
Resistance did have a pretty good story
but I don't see how they could make a sequel because the Chimera were all destroyed
Right?

AranhaHunter

Superior Member
Feb 12, 2006
[QUOTE="Rynoboy, post: 2196161]Good news I guess
but I don't see how they could make a sequel because the Chimera were all destroyed
Right?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the spoiler *******

Rynoboy

Mod In Training
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="AranhaHunter, post: 0]Thanks for the spoiler *******[/quote]
well the game was released a year ago and a lot of people have already beat it :mrgreen:

tom ass

Apprentice
Oct 13, 2007
The Chimera were NOT all destroyed in Resistance. I'm guessing the sequel will shed some light on the cloven. If that games hits next year holy ''''ing shiznits. Looks like PS3 is going Bankai in 2008.

Sep 18, 2005
[QUOTE="Rynoboy, post: 2196161]Good news I guess
Right?[/quote]

No, they were just destroyed in Britain.

TBH, I didn't care for Resistance much. It was fun in co-op, but I didn't like single player all that much. Online was fun though. I probably won't pick the second one up.

Rynoboy

Mod In Training
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="the jackle.2, post: 2196190]all the chirmera were not destroyes.what game were u playing????[/quote]
I beat the game a long time ago
I don't fully remember
gaming is not my top priority

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
Insomniac rock :p I can;t even finish the first level of SF1 yet, so i'm not fussed about a PS3 one! lol

Good stuff though.

Oct 3, 2006
Release before MGS4? Bad joke -_-

Lol. But seriously, THAT is amazing.. 2 (probably 3) AAA titles in 3 YEARS? And developers said the PS3 was hard to develop for

Apr 27, 2007
* Infinity Ward new IP in 09 - Most likely true, unless they are contacted to CoD5.
* Hitman 5 in 08 - Billy Bull$h!t, especially after just finishing Kane & Lynch.
* Far Cry PS3 in early 08 - When they are working on PoP? No chance.
* Resistance 2 in late 08 - Almost definitely.
* Syphon Filter PS3 in 09 - Sony Bend have just finish Logans Shadow. Almost definitely.

Nov 28, 2006
I remember hearing something from Insomniac about the the next game being the prequel to the first one, shedding light on how the events of the first game came to be. Then the third game will be the sequel to the first game possibly highlighting the cloven and the chimera situations on other continents...

either way I can't wait because R:FOM has been one of my fave FPS of all times

XD

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2006
For some reason, i have a hunch
that nathan hale might completely transform into a chimera and he'll be a boss in Resistance 2

R

REFLEX

Resistance 2 is what I'm most excited about. After what they did with #1 and Ratchet and Clank, I cannot wait to see how great #2 will be. ESPECIALLY the online, I'll probably be playing COD4 online until then. But wow.... a great list of things there.

Resistance 2 will almost 100% take place right after the 1st one, there is WAY too much going on in that story to just leave it there. And how could they do a prequel? There wouldn't be too much to tell, and it would be all the same Countries and locals.

They should definitely keep going, it was only Britain that was saved, and most people died anyway. All of Europe and Asia are overrun with Chimera, before the UK. So..... who knows, either Russia (The Cloven!) or other parts of Europe, or America.

Mana Knight

Elite Member
Dec 22, 2006
Maryland, USA
Well, if they can translate Logan's Shadow onto PS3 with PS3 graphics, I'll be happy (because that is a VERY good game). I really want a Syphon Filter on PS3.

As for Infinity Ward, I'm not sure if Activision has any stake in them, but I kind of wish they'd make a new IP Sony would publish (because they proved they know how to use the PS3 power well, and it would be great having more developers do it). That could bring people from other consoles to want a PS3.

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
[QUOTE="REFLEX, post: 0]
They should definitely keep going, it was only Britain that was saved, and most people died anyway. All of Europe and Asia are overrun with Chimera, before the UK. So..... who knows, either Russia (The Cloven!) or other parts of Europe, or America.[/QUOTE]

Was what I was going to say. R:fom 2 will be high up there in the
scheme of things.

Wonder if it will challenge Killzone 2 in the looks factor?

tom ass

Apprentice
Oct 13, 2007
I remember them saying RFOM2 would take place in America with Chicago and San Francisco two cities being mentioned. They might introduce a new character, then maybe borrow an element Halo 2 used, and switch back and forth between him fighting Chimera in America and Hale fighting in the circumstances he's in.

Sep 26, 2006
2009 for Syphon Filter.. Well thats nice.. *forgets

Insomniac rocks anyways. Home the next game takes place in N. America.

PoP for the PS3 will rock.

[QUOTE="PS3|MSE, post: 0]
Is PoP a PS3 exclusive? Sorry if it's a dumb question.[/quote]

Nope its multiplat. Confirmed by me.