Resistance 2 update from Three Speech

Serjndestroy

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2007
Wow, Resistance 2 sounds like it will do Insomniac proud. Although I must admit that ThreeSpeech hasn't really delivered any ground-breaking news this time round..

Sep 5, 2006
The lack of info about the weapons has me worried, to say the least.

When this game was I-8 the arsenal is all you heard about. Now? Not a peep.

Nov 14, 2007
I was reading another article on this and they didn't seem to mention any new weapons either. However they did say the ending of resistance 2 will lead to a third.

Jan 24, 2007
[QUOTE="MrAce, post: 0]I was reading another article on this and they didn't seem to mention any new weapons either. However they did say the ending of resistance 2 will lead to a third.[/quote]
Lol, just because they didn't mention a weapon in their unveiling of the game is no course for concern. The reason they harped on the weapons the first time around was because they needed to convey how different these weapons would be to other shooters. Now that they know that we know to expect some crazy, unthinkable weapons they will keep that on the down-low until release and of course I think we can expect some weapons from the previous game as well.
Don't think to much about it, I haven't. ;)

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Major Ocelot, post: 0]Lol, just because they didn't mention a weapon in their unveiling of the game is no course for concern. The reason they harped on the weapons the first time around was because they needed to convey how different these weapons would be to other shooters. Now that they know that we know to expect some crazy, unthinkable weapons they will keep that on the down-low until release and of course I think we can expect some weapons from the previous game as well.
Don't think to much about it, I haven't. ;)[/quote]

That's the thing though, they really weren't much different from anything. The Bullseye and the Auger were the most original weapons in the game, and the Bullseye barely gets away with it. I must admit though, tags are a very cool idea.

What else, though? Nothing. Standard assault rifle, standard flame thrower, half-assed lightning gun, standard shotgun, blob-launcher(wtf?), standard chain gun(with green energy bullets, ooh!), standard sniper rifle(in MP, anyway), standard rocket launcher(cool idea for the secondary, but largely useless), and I know I'm forgetting something else.

I hope you're right though about the sequel, because if we get the same things, I'll play it and enjoy it...but I'll be a bit disappointed.

[QUOTE="Metal_Gear_Solid, post: 0]rfom2 will have new weapons, he is in usa now, you can expect tommy guns or newer alien weapons, its insomnia, weapons king who made r&c[/quote]

Weapon kings who gave us a lackluster arsenal in Resistance. Never say never.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="The Game, post: 0]And so what new info did they tell us that we didn't already know?[/QUOTE]

None. They just repeated what every other website has.

mcav

Elite Guru
Jan 12, 2007
Maybe they should just not bother reporting news. In fact, there should only be ONE NEWS SITE on the entire internet! Why would other sites report stuff if it's repeated on other sites??? Waste of time isn't it?.........

.........wait a minute!

B

Battlepope190

[QUOTE="Lord Arklon, post: 0]The lack of info about the weapons has me worried, to say the least.

When this game was I-8 the arsenal is all you heard about. Now? Not a peep.[/quote]

Now COME ON...The game was just freaking revealed; do you expect to know every **** detail already?

You'll hear about your frikken weapons later on, jesus.

Poison

Dedicated Member
Oct 2, 2005
This is news we already known about and why are some of you worried about the weapons, I'm sure there will be some cool weapons in the game and vehicles, this is Insomniac were talking about known for crazy ideas.

NAJC

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2007
I believe that Insomniac has confirmed that we will be able to use vehicles in the multiplayer, which is definitely going to make the game better. I also remember reading on the internet last week that Insomniac would release some info before next Thursday about a game they were working on, could this be hte info or do we have more yet to come, from the developer's mouth.

Mtown

Superior Member
Jan 4, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
[QUOTE="Lord Arklon, post: 0]The Bullseye and the Auger were the most original weapons in the game, and the Bullseye barely gets away with it. I must admit though, tags are a very cool idea.

What else, though? Nothing. Standard assault rifle, standard flame thrower, half-assed lightning gun, standard shotgun, blob-launcher(wtf?), standard chain gun(with green energy bullets, ooh!), standard sniper rifle(in MP, anyway), standard rocket launcher(cool idea for the secondary, but largely useless), and I know I'm forgetting something else.
[/quote]

You forgot the "splitter" gun, or whatever it was called. Split the bullet into several weaker bullets.

And the chain-gun was a new idea. I mean it shot insanely fast and the bullets ricocheted off everything even if they were fired straight at a wall.

Sep 13, 2007
FOM was a great game that still is IMO one of the best release games I have played in a while... Story, graphics, game play all incredible... Weapons were pretty cool and the premise of WWII kept me interested as well... Can't wait for FOM2....

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Mtown, post: 0]You forgot the "splitter" gun, or whatever it was called. Split the bullet into several weaker bullets.

And the chain-gun was a new idea. I mean it shot insanely fast and the bullets ricocheted off everything even if they were fired straight at a wall.[/QUOTE]
You know that's true, I completely forgot about that. Wish that one would have been in multiplayer.

Travaughn

Elite Member
Sep 3, 2006
I honestly don't understand what more you could ask for concerning weapon variety and uniqueness Lord Arklon...reality warping, gravity, freezing, shrinking, telekinesis, have all been done in previous games such as Duke Nukem, Half Life 2 and Portal and taking those ideas would be blatantly copying other developers and I think Insomniac would much rather put a twist on typical weapons than "steal" ideas from other games and developers. Hopefully though Insomniac may hear your pleas and attempt to do something never done before.

Mar 31, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
www.myantstew.com
[QUOTE="Lord Arklon, post: 0]That's the thing though, they really weren't much different from anything. The Bullseye and the Auger were the most original weapons in the game, and the Bullseye barely gets away with it. I must admit though, tags are a very cool idea.

What else, though? Nothing. Standard assault rifle, standard flame thrower, half-assed lightning gun, standard shotgun, blob-launcher(wtf?), standard chain gun(with green energy bullets, ooh!), standard sniper rifle(in MP, anyway), standard rocket launcher(cool idea for the secondary, but largely useless), and I know I'm forgetting something else.[/quote]

The Auger and Bullseye guns were cool. Hedgehog/Fuel grenades are okay. I might check it out, but if they throw in the Groovitron and Tornado Launcher, the I am sold.

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Travaughn, post: 0]I honestly don't understand what more you could ask for concerning weapon variety and uniqueness Lord Arklon...reality warping, gravity, freezing, shrinking, telekinesis, have all been done in previous games such as Duke Nukem, Half Life 2 and Portal and taking those ideas would be blatantly copying other developers and I think Insomniac would much rather put a twist on typical weapons than "steal" ideas from other games and developers. Hopefully though Insomniac may hear your pleas and attempt to do something never done before.[/quote]

I wouldn't consider it stealing anything. That's like saying Call of Duty stole WWII weaponry from the scores of WWII games that came before it.

So long as they didn't copy the exact design, names, and put a twist of their own on the weapons, I wouldn't see anything wrong with it.

Anyway, I enjoyed Resistance, just thought it could have been a little different.

[QUOTE="se7enthsign, post: 0]The Auger and Bullseye guns were cool. Hedgehog/Fuel grenades are okay. I might check it out, but if they throw in the Groovitron and Tornado Launcher, the I am sold.[/quote]

:lol: