Resistance 3 Gameplay Premiere Trailer

Daggers21

Super Elite
Jul 24, 2008
Canada, Newfoundland
Loving it so far, are all shooters now-a-days generic? Its not just that its a shooter, its the story, characters and so forth that makes these all the same shooter different or at least anything thats not cod. IG seems to have really went for an almost kz2 style look, or at least to me.

Last edited:

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
The real-life footage just seems... off.

Though I really liked R1 and 2, ill be getting this but it seems like the series is suffering from an identity crisis of sorts

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
I am not sure why people who didn't like the first two games get themselves to believe they will like the third game of a series. I liked what I saw and they are bringing back what I liked from the first game --- so awesome!

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
The blood splatter looked amazing but the rest of the graphics didnt look very good imo. The graphics engine doesn't look like its been updated and improved at all. However it does look like it will be fun to play.

bigCman123

Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2009
Resistance 3 is looking better than I expected... Much better than Resistance 2. I personally can't wait, Insomniac is using what worked and making it better. Also, the gore and blood splatter looks amazing. Reminds me of District 9. :D

TheBreezyBB

Master Poster
Mar 22, 2007
Qatar
[QUOTE="sainraja, post: 5309801]I am not sure why people who didn't like the first two games get themselves to believe they will like the third game of a series. I liked what I saw and they are bringing back what I liked from the first game --- so awesome![/QUOTE]

The Man speaks the truth. +rep

Dec 3, 2006
The motion blur looks great, probably the thing that sticks out the most to me in the trailer, makes for a really realistic look. Doesn't look like a buy for me as Killzone 3 is gonna be sick, but it looks good enough I guess..

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="streetracer67856, post: 5309835]The motion blur looks great, probably the thing that sticks out the most to me in the trailer, makes for a really realistic look. Doesn't look like a buy for me as Killzone 3 is gonna be sick, but it looks good enough I guess..[/QUOTE]

Dude... KZ3 is at the start of the year, and R3 at the end, you have enough time gap to enjoy both

Jan 29, 2007
Agreed with RedOrb and Rapture.

[QUOTE="Daggers21, post: 5309617]Loving it so far, are all shooters now-a-days generic? Its not just that its a shooter, its the story, characters and so forth that makes these all the same shooter different or at least anything thats not cod. IG seems to have really went for an almost kz2 style look, or at least to me.[/QUOTE]And this trailer didn't give us any indication about either. So I basically have to look up articles to go find out anything.

[QUOTE="radgamer420, post: 5309815]The blood splatter looked amazing but the rest of the graphics didnt look very good imo. The graphics engine doesn't look like its been updated and improved at all. However it does look like it will be fun to play.[/QUOTE]In a nutshell. Hopefully it will be fun, I do want to enjoy this game I'm just not getting any from it so far. Insomniac needs to spill some beans on more than a couple gameplay snip-its.

Dec 20, 2006
The more or I look at it, the more inexplicably angry I grow.

WTF Insomniac,WHY are you guys such lightweights with the PS3 compared to all the other big names? Why?

Guerilla Games
Santa Monica
Naughty Dog
Polyphony
Team Ico
Sucker Punch

You guys are below all of them.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="RedOrb_Collector, post: 5309871]The more or I look at it, the more inexplicably angry I grow.

WTF Insomniac,WHY are you guys such lightweights with the PS3 compared to all the other big names? Why?[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the visuals? Are they that important to you?

Insomniac also provides fun gameplay, interesting stories, and great value. And the visuals will be good enough.

Dec 20, 2006
I am referring to the technical side yes.

And yeah this gen has made me a graphics whore inexplicably, at least for some genres. I could forgive it if it was a genre/concept I really loved, (Demons Souls looks average to good but I love it) but with shooters I demand the best graphics possible.

Never been impressed with shooter stories so they should at least be able to impress with visuals. Fun factor for shooters for me is derived in great part by the visuals, so they aren't mutually exclusive.

Had a ton of fun with KZ2, had no fun at all with Resistance 2.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 5309875]Are you referring to the visuals? Are they that important to you?

Insomniac also provides fun gameplay, interesting stories, and great value. And the visuals will be good enough.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

Some of you guys do realize that you're not going to like EVERY game that is set to release for the PS3?

If for some odd reason (IMO) you're not finding Resistance 3 appealing, stop blaming the game or Insomniac. It could just be YOU and even if that is not the case -- it's okay that you don't like it or weren't impressed by it. You'll find a different game to take it's place. There are plenty other games out there...

I've enjoyed the series since the day I played it. (I still prefer Uncharted over it but when it comes to FPS -- Resistance is the series I like.)

EDIT:

And yeah this gen has made me a graphics whore inexplicably, at least for some genres. I could forgive it if it was a genre/concept I really loved, (Demons Souls looks average to good but I love it) but with shooters I demand the best graphics possible.
....well then, this game does not meet that criteria of yours, so I would have to say that it's just you. There is Killzone 3 to take it's place.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2007
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 5309875]Are you referring to the visuals? Are they that important to you?

Insomniac also provides fun gameplay, interesting stories, and great value. And the visuals will be good enough.[/QUOTE]R2, not so much. Also the story is losing my attention, this looks like R2 all over again unless there's some big difference I don't know of. It doesn't help that they're changing the protagonist on the 3rd game which makes it hard to really dig into this.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2006
That's just the thing, I can judge graphics now. They're not stopping me from changing my mind when they are able to change it.

I dogged God of War 3's initial screens, but on its final build I was blown away. (Think its tops for PS3 till Killzone 3 comes out shortly)

Last edited:

TheBreezyBB

Master Poster
Mar 22, 2007
Qatar
Had a ton of fun with KZ2, had no fun at all with Resistance 2[/COLOR][/B].
I didn't not enjoy KZ2 as much as R2. Graphics are not the first thing i look for when i'm playing any game.

If anyone played the first resistance I'm sure he would be pumped for the 3rd one regardless of how good it looks.

EDIT: 1,000 Posts FTW Yeah!! lol!

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="RedDragon7, post: 5309886]R2, not so much. Also the story is losing my attention[/QUOTE]

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then. R2 made me even more of a fan.

Jan 29, 2007
[QUOTE="brebaz, post: 5309888]If anyone played the first resistance I'm sure he would be pumped for the 3rd one regardless of how good it looks.[/QUOTE]Actually Resistance 1 has more universal acclaim than R2. Even I enjoyed R1.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="RedDragon7, post: 5309897]Actually Resistance 1 has more universal acclaim than R2. Even I enjoyed R1.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I liked Resistance 1 as well.

Metfanant

Forum Sage
Apr 12, 2006
NY
[QUOTE="RedOrb_Collector, post: 5309871]The more or I look at it, the more inexplicably angry I grow.

WTF Insomniac,WHY are you guys such lightweights with the PS3 compared to all the other big names? Why?

Guerilla Games
Santa Monica
Naughty Dog
Polyphony
Team Ico
Sucker Punch

You guys are below all of them.[/QUOTE]

ok, where to start with this...

First...Upon release of R3 in September...

Insomniac- 6 PS3 games (with a 7th, Ratchet All4one in development)

Guerilla Games - 2 games
Santa Monica - 1 game
Naughty Dog - 2 games (3rd in november)
Polyphony- 1 1/2 games
Team Ico- ZERO games
Sucker Punch- 1 game (2nd scheduled for " sometime in 2011")

Insomniac was able to get a ROCK SOLID performing game (Resistance 1) ready for launch...where was GG, SM, ND, PD, Ico, SP with their games at the PS3's launch??...oh yeah still cooking, while Insomniac (3rd party dev) was carrying the console for the first 6 months of its existence...

Insomniac's Resistance games have not been the most pure beautiful games this generation, but from a technical standpoint they have been ROCK SOLID...no framerate issues, not jaggy messes, damn good lighting solutions (R2), and they have all up to this point ran at a solid 60fps...

The Ratchet games are amazing looking, obviously not "realistic" but awesome in that Pixar type sense...and again...technically rock solid...

GG - arguably the best looking FPS game still to this day...small scale, only 30fps, and not rock steady...
ND - arguably still the best looking game period...small scale, only 30fps
SM - arguably the best looking game period...great scale...variable frame rate...
PD - best looking racing game...some AA issues...ok framerate (at best) great lighting, TERRIBLE shadow effects
Ico - are you kidding me? what have these guys done other than throw together some boring as hell trailers? until they actually release a game...they don't belong in the same sentence as Insomniac
SP - good looking game, not ground breaking, jaggy fest...

these games all may look better than the Resistance games when taken at face value...but NONE of them (outside of maybe UC2 and that is half the frame rate) run as smoothly with as few issues as the Resistance games...

i actually take offense that you would try and say Team Ico are above Insomniac...dudes have not made a game since 2005 on the PS2...come on...