Resistance 3 Gameplay Premiere Trailer

Roadside

Elite Member
Feb 14, 2010
This was a great trailer as well. I enjoyed it because it was one of the few that actually showed a good amount of gameplay.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
OK, some of you are confused about the story, but it's honestly not that hard to figure out what is happening based on the ending of R2.

Hale inherits the powers from Deadalous, the last boss in the game and I assume whatever is happening between that and when he gets shot in the head; he calls for the rest of the Chimera legion to come and take over Earth now that it's going to be easier for the Chimera to invade. I'm sure that big *** dropship that they kept saying would get rid of the Chimera was just a diversion cause there are way more of those.

Ok, so we see Hale getting shot, but not exactly, though the intentions are very clear for Capelli. Maybe he did get shot and did die, or maybe he did get shot and didn't die. He just inherited Deadalous' powers and it took quite a few rounds to kill him.

Now flash forward to these epic live action trailers which btw are used for marketing the game, FYI. We see a bunch of civillains riding the train, probably going to a safe-house or going "underground". Apparently, Capelli is in the trailer, so if that says anything, is that he's rounding up any remaining civllans and taking them to a safe place and hope not to be followed because the Chimera pretty much run things on earth. They are the third Reich and the civilians are the Jews.

So R3 is about survival of the human species. It's not about blowing up the ships and stopping the Chimera because it's far too late to do that. They need a contingency plan and an escape from being turned or killed by the Chimera. I mean, the story is pretty clear in the trailers. I think some of you are just into Uncharted more than R3 which is fine because I'm more into R3 than Uncharted 3 and I could say the same thing about the plot of Uncharted 3, Rapture. I didn't see a clue of what the story to that is, other than he crashed a plane when he was talking to Suley, so R3 has way more of a plot based on the trailers than U3.

But if someone could enlighten me on the story of Uncharted 3 based on the non-revealing trailer, then please, feel free to add.

Jul 24, 2008
I don't see whats so bad about the graphics. They look fine. Obviously they're not on par with KZ3's, but they are still pretty good and I don't see why everyone is slamming it for them.

cpitt

Super Elite
Mar 14, 2007
www.youtube.com
The blood splattered looked awesome, i'm going to have fun playing online and splattering you guys all over the walls hahah, game looks very atmospheric and i feel they really are going to push themselves, people have forgotten that they were the premier ps3 developers early on, R1 as a fresh ip had pretty stable 40 player matches (which was unheard of at that time well console wise).

Online story co op they did alot back in the days, i think the problem with R2 is that they tried to do too much, instead of focusing on fewer things and polishing the crap out of them, i think they will get it right this time. First day purchase for me

smiggy

Forum Sage
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
[QUOTE="DreDayDetox, post: 5310685]Hale inherits the powers from Deadalous, the last boss in the game and I assume whatever is happening between that and when he gets shot in the head; he calls for the rest of the Chimera legion to come and take over Earth now that it's going to be easier for the Chimera to invade. I'm sure that big *** dropship that they kept saying would get rid of the Chimera was just a diversion cause there are way more of those. [/QUOTE]

Hale is dead bro.

Seriously, what is it with this forum and its unwillingness to accept that?

Mar 17, 2006
This game looks sweet to me. If you don't like it, that's your problem. Go back to Call of Duty: Reach Warfare or whatever you crazy kids are playing these days.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="smiggy, post: 5310795]Hale is dead bro.

Seriously, what is it with this forum and its unwillingness to accept that?[/QUOTE]
Ok, he's dead, I can live with that, bro. But it still a better trailer than U3, bro.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="DreDayDetox, post: 5310926]Ok, he's dead, I can live with that, bro. But it still a better trailer than U3, bro.[/QUOTE]

Let's not turn this into a Resistance 3 vs Uncharted 3 thread. Both games can stand on their own -- no need to be a fanboy now. Oh and Insomniac were impressed by the Uncharted 3 trailer (if you are going to go in that direction anyway.)

Sep 29, 2008
Don't get the *****ing about the graphics, it looks pretty damn good to me considering it aint coming for a while yet.

I am really not sure why the IQ has nose dived though. Really hope this isn't sub-HD.

Zoibie

Supreme Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
[QUOTE="smiggy, post: 5310795]Hale is dead bro.

Seriously, what is it with this forum and its unwillingness to accept that?[/QUOTE]

Because it's a plot twist waiting to happen.

And, hell, this wouldn't be the first time a character in Resistance came back, Malikov was supposed to have died in R2 as wel but apparently chickened out of suicide.