Resistance three gameplay

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[video=youtube;e0gUn7UwnPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0gUn7UwnPA[/video] - short version

[video=youtube;d3_qGv7ICiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_qGv7ICiY[/video] - longer version

It looks really good so far what do you think?

Last edited:

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
I think someone else already posted this but yeah, it's looking really good!. It's much more interactive; Darker; and the maps are larger then that of, Resistance 2's compressed maps. I also can't forget to mention the weapon wheel!.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="FonFahbre, post: 5432415]I think someone else already posted this but yeah, it's looking really good!. It's much more interactive; Darker; and the maps are larger then that of, Resistance 2's compressed maps. I also can't forget to mention the weapon wheel!.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there was a few days in a row that i wasnt on psu someone probally posted it then. And the weapon wheel is going to be great especially for competitive.

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
The color palette needs a major revision imo. It's very brown.

I'm still not sold on this title although there are a good 6-7 exclusive games on the PS3 that I consider must buy's for 2011, sadly this ain't one of them (R&C All4One is however).

I'm not liking the shooting mechanics, hit detection & the AI - enemy routines (though there's still time).

It's not all bad however (imo); there seems to be lots of fast paced carnage, animations look sweet, physics work well (i.e. when enemies are blown up). Enemies shoot at your allies and not just you anymore (sucked in R2).

I just think from the heard of 2011 FPS titles, this one does not define itself. I'll rent it no doubt when I can find time in between the barrage of titles across the platforms.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="A7MAD, post: 5433013]The color palette needs a major revision imo. It's very brown.

I'm still not sold on this title although there are a good 6-7 exclusive games on the PS3 that I consider must buy's for 2011, sadly this ain't one of them (R&C All4One is however).

I'm not liking the shooting mechanics, hit detection & the AI - enemy routines (though there's still time).

It's not all bad however (imo); there seems to be lots of fast paced carnage, animations look sweet, physics work well (i.e. when enemies are blown up). Enemies shoot at your allies and not just you anymore (sucked in R2).

I just think from the heard of 2011 FPS titles, this one does not define itself. I'll rent it no doubt when I can find time in between the barrage of titles across the platforms.[/QUOTE]

Well we will only know if its good enough when it comes out. I hope you change your mind about it.

Jan 11, 2008
www.Thetf.net
[QUOTE="A7MAD, post: 5433013]The color palette needs a major revision imo. It's very brown.

I just think from the heard of 2011 FPS titles, this one does not define itself. I'll rent it no doubt when I can find time in between the barrage of titles across the platforms.[/QUOTE]

Well this is only one area, and frankly, I'd expect a lot of brown. The world has been taken over and ripped apart. Its also set in the 1950's so the camera will have a slight tinge to it too.

I think this game is more defined than Crysis is. That looks very generic. I'm also going to go out on a limb and predict this will have the best story too.

Kratos88

Apprentice
Jan 31, 2009
Well the game definetely looks better than R2 and I liked 2 I know a lot of people didn't but I did and this one seems to imporve on everything.

bigCman123

Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2009
I love the gore, love the lack of color, love the dust storm (very atmospheric), love how signs and trees are flowing in the wind, love the weapon wheel, and I love that new boss and how he can destroy parts of the environment. Resistance 3 will turn me back into a serious Resistance fan :D.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
The AI looks pants they just stood there.
I would like more of the same for the co-op R2 co-op is great fun the competatve side is horrid hjope they revamp it.

[QUOTE="Nuvian, post: 5433028]I do like the gore/body parts flying :)
But i think they will tone it down for the release.[/QUOTE]
Also known as Gibs.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
I looks like they decided to go full out Killzone. I mean seriously this game just looks like a slightly toned down Killzone 2/3 to me from these movies.

floetry

Forum Guru
Oct 21, 2006
[QUOTE="Vulgotha, post: 5434029]I looks like they decided to go full out Killzone. I mean seriously this game just looks like a slightly toned down Killzone 2/3 to me from these movies.[/QUOTE]

you and I are the only one saying this, why no one elses see it is mind boggling

humanputting

Superior Member
Oct 18, 2006
i am more then sure this is just a preview code setup for the playstation event. the ai was probably dumbed down for guests to play. r3 will shape up to be a great game one which i would never pass up as i am just too engrossed into the story to just leave it at r2. anyone else pissed that they hale?

bigCman123

Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2009
[QUOTE="floetry, post: 5434038]you and I are the only one saying this, why no one elses see it is mind boggling[/QUOTE]

Add dust, take away obnoxious color, and suddenly Resistance becomes a Killzone wannabe. Sorry, but some people are fans of both series. Resistance is very different from Killzone.

floetry

Forum Guru
Oct 21, 2006
[QUOTE="bigCman123, post: 5434116]Add dust, take away obnoxious color, and suddenly Resistance becomes a Killzone wannabe. Sorry, but some people are fans of both series. Resistance is very different from Killzone.[/QUOTE]

Right now, I can't see much of a difference, Looks like Resistance:Helghast's reign or some stuff, but its only ONE video, and I usually try out all the games, resistance, uncharted killzone, before I reserve my judgement, but so far it looks like Guerilla let insomianac take a hard long look at their code..and took alot of elements from there.

Then again, it seems like I was one of the few that like R2. For some reason, everyone hates it more than One. One sucked.

From that video, I don't see anything that will make critics scream 9!, 10/10 , 5/5! It just screams 8.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
[QUOTE="bigCman123, post: 5434116]Add dust, take away obnoxious color, and suddenly Resistance becomes a Killzone wannabe. Sorry, but some people are fans of both series. Resistance is very different from Killzone.[/QUOTE]

We were referring to the general aesthetic of Resistance 3 as demonstrated from this video. It struck me as very "Killzone".

floetry

Forum Guru
Oct 21, 2006
[QUOTE="Vulgotha, post: 5435096]We were referring to the general aesthetic of Resistance 3 as demonstrated from this video. It struck me as very "Killzone".[/QUOTE]

bingo.

darksora

Master Poster
Apr 23, 2007
awesome.

This maybe one of the few games where I appreciate a tone down in colour, lol. Looks great now and matches the sky too which we saw briefly at the end of R2. loving the hud and weapon wheel too. The colour and hud were probably the two main criticisms I had against R2.

The wind effects were great too.

Last edited: