RIP Fiat :(

Shaunyac

Master Guru
Dec 24, 2007
Wayles.

Wrote off this morning, overtook on dual carriage way and ended up spinning off into incoming traffic lane and backwards into a concrete & steel fence and a tree :(

No money for a new car, can't claim on insurance since I'm 18 and won't be able to afford it. I'm ****ed :\

spyrde

Master Guru
Feb 18, 2009
Finland
Sorry to hear that.

Just to cheer you up let's post broken cars here to show that you're not alone. Also this thread will then be in the right section too:

*goo

Elite Guru
Aug 2, 2008
Think carefully about not claiming. That's the whole reason insurance is there, although I do understand you're worried about premiums next year.

When getting quotes elsewhere in future, you might be asked about 'losses' which isn't limited just to 'claims'. You've damaged your car so technically, it would be a loss you could be duty bound to disclose anyway. Insurers underwrite based on risk, not based on claims paid out. Whether claimed or not, the risk for you just increased. Make sense?

Hope you're okay btw, most important thing.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="*goo, post: 5320877]Think carefully about not claiming. That's the whole reason insurance is there, although I do understand you're worried about premiums next year.

When getting quotes elsewhere in future, you might be asked about 'losses' which isn't limited just to 'claims'. You've damaged your car so technically, it would be a loss you could be duty bound to disclose anyway. Insurers underwrite based on risk, not based on claims paid out. Whether claimed or not, the risk for you just increased. Make sense?

Hope you're okay btw, most important thing.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.
If you aint gonna claim whats the point of having insurance, if you hit someone elses car you would have no choice in not claiming anyway, Basically by not claiming you just wasted your 2thousand pounds or however much it cost you.

Oertaking in this kind of weather is clearly a dangerous thing to do Juhaa Kankunnen you are not.