RIP Patrick Swayze

DonMare

Elite Guru
Sep 15, 2007
PATRICK Swayze, star of Dirty Dancing, has died aged 57, after succumbing to pancreatic cancer.

The popular star had been suffering from an aggressive form of cancer for the last year.

He had been responding well to treatment, but was pictured looking weaker in the last few months.

His TV show The Beast is currently being screened.

Swayze's publicist Annett Wolf says the 57-year-old Dirty Dancing actor died on Monday with his family at his side.

He went public with his illness in March 2008, but continued working as he underwent treatments.
Swayze became a star in 1987 with his performance in Dirty Dancing, a coming-of-age story set in a Catskills resort in New York.
The 1990 film Ghost cemented his status as a screen favourite. Swayze played a murdered man trying to communicate with his fiancee through a spirit played by Whoopi Goldberg.

Related Coverage

He continued working even after it was disclosed he had the particularly deadly form of cancer.He was married to Lisa Niemi for 34 years, but the couple did not have children.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...ancreatic-cancer/story-e6frf9h6-1225773585725

RIP
1952 - 2009

Charl3z523

The Elmo Man
Dec 18, 2006
Dad just told me this awhile ago. Pretty crazy. Me being young and all I really only recognize him from Donnie Darko. But I knew he was in Dirty Dancing as well.

Dec 20, 2006
His condition has been worsening for a long time so this was expected. Ghost was one of my favorite movies ever and he'll be missed. R.I.P.

BlinkyEC

Superior Member
May 30, 2009
[QUOTE="Stewie Skywalker, post: 0]Nice line a poster at Worst Previews crafted:
" Farewell, man, dance dirty with the angels, Pat, dance until the dawn turns red..."[/quote]
HAHAHA thats awesome !!!

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
He seemed to pass with dignity. I liked a lot of his movies but my favorite was Red Dawn. Go Wolverines!

/sigh

Yeah, he was awesome!

SpyroViper

The Derailer
May 9, 2008
RIP dude.

He was a fantastic actor! It's a shame so many amazing people are dieing recently.

Who's gonna be next? It's quite depressing :(

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
Pretty sad loss.

Point Break is one of my all time favorite movies, just love it.

Seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

He looked like death walking in the last photos I saw of him.

Demiant

Super Elite
Apr 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Kopkiwi, post: 0]Pretty sad loss.

Point Break is one of my all time favorite movies, just love it.

Seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

He looked like death walking in the last photos I saw of him.[/quote]
Yeah, agree with everything you said. Road House was my favourite of his movies though, Point Break comes 2nd.

Not a media-wh*re kinda of guy... gotta respect that. RIP Patrick, you were an icon of your generation.