Rockstar on GTA V for PS4/Xbox One: We’ll ‘see what happens’

Nuvian

Master Sage
Feb 4, 2008
Rockstar commented on the possibility of GTA V on next-gen consoles today. They sound like they don’t have anything concrete right now and are focusing on the PS3/360 versions only.

Rockstar says:

We’ll get the current gen version out first and see what happens in the future.

It doesn’t look like Rockstar is planning anything just yet. I’m assuming they want to make a bunch of money off GTA V this holiday before they undertake the task of porting GTA V to Xbox One, PS4 and possibly PC in 2014.

That said, I can’t help but think I should wait for a next-gen port of the game. San Andreas never got ported to 360/PS3 (well, not as something other than an Xbox/PS2 classic anyway) but it also came out more than a year before the Xbox 360 launched.
Source

I'm 100% sure it will get released on next gen some time next year, so i have no plans on buying it for the PS3, what are you thoughts? anyone else skipping it on current gen in hope for a next gen release?

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
I'm still waiting for a PC release confirmation. I refuse to play it on either PS3/360. If no PC version is released and they do release it on the PS4 though i'll buy it on that.

Sep 11, 2007
Philly
[QUOTE="daLa, post: 6180199]Fuck that! either you release it soon or not Rockstar, greedy SOB's actually think most people would want to buy it on PS3 and let's say next year on PS4.[/QUOTE]

Because they would. I would rather them release a proper upgraded version on PC/PS4/One 6 months to a year later than something quickly thrown together soon after the current gen release.

Oct 18, 2006
I still have my fingers crossed for it to be released on PS4 this year! I am hoping they are just being hush hush on it right now because something will get announced at Gamescom...I have no plans on getting the PS3 version, from this point on it is PS4 or bust!

gumionday

Dedicated Member
May 10, 2007
I am a bit of GTA nut and I will buy it for both PS3 and then down the line when they release it to PS4 sometime next year. I could be a year from now before we see the next gen version. I personally cannot and won't wait that long for some good 'ol stealing cars and killing cops.

MossadAgentO

Superior Member
Oct 17, 2007
[QUOTE="gumionday, post: 6180387]I am a bit of GTA nut and I will buy it for both PS3 and then down the line when they release it to PS4 sometime next year. I could be a year from now before we see the next gen version. I personally cannot and won't wait that long for some good 'ol stealing cars and killing cops.[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one who doesnt like to shoot the law in GTA games? Unless you HAVE to in a mission I mean. Like the 3 leaf clover mission with the bank robbery I hated having to kill countless SWAT over and over again when I failed. Bill O'Reiley said tonight that video games reduce emphathy... but I feel bad doing things in GTA that you must in missions, and I am always tearing up in movies and stuff. DEBUNKED.

On topic: I'll wait for the ps4/xb1 version game of the year with the DLC. My 360's video card is messed up and I am waiting for 8-16 to download Dead Rising 2 on 360 for free. Then I will send it to be repaired. I still have to play gta4 episodes, and red dead redemption, and some more black ops 2...

Last edited:

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="daLa, post: 6180199]Fuck that! either you release it soon or not Rockstar, greedy SOB's actually think most people would want to buy it on PS3 and let's say next year on PS4.[/QUOTE]

I have no problem paying for it twice. Rockstar is one of the best developers and haven't release a GTA game is quite a few years. Let them make as much money as they possibly can off of this game so they will continue to bring us more games in the future. This isn't COD and trying to milk us every year for the same game over and over again.

If anyone thinks they are not already working on GTA5 for next gen you are crazy.

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="MossadAgentO, post: 6180507]Am I the only one who doesnt like to shoot the law in GTA games? Unless you HAVE to in a mission I mean. Like the 3 leaf clover mission with the bank robbery I hated having to kill countless SWAT over and over again when I failed. Bill O'Reiley said tonight that video games reduce emphathy... but I feel bad doing things in GTA that you must in missions, and I am always tearing up in movies and stuff. DEBUNKED.

On topic: I'll wait for the ps4/xb1 version game of the year with the DLC. My 360's video card is messed up and I am waiting for 8-16 to download Dead Rising 2 on 360 for free. Then I will send it to be repaired. I still have to play gta4 episodes, and red dead redemption, and some more black ops 2...[/QUOTE]

You might be the only one. I have no problem separating a video game from real life.

Oct 18, 2006
[QUOTE="MossadAgentO, post: 6180507]Am I the only one who doesnt like to shoot the law in GTA games? Unless you HAVE to in a mission I mean. Like the 3 leaf clover mission with the bank robbery I hated having to kill countless SWAT over and over again when I failed. Bill O'Reiley said tonight that video games reduce emphathy... but I feel bad doing things in GTA that you must in missions, and I am always tearing up in movies and stuff. DEBUNKED.

On topic: I'll wait for the ps4/xb1 version game of the year with the DLC. My 360's video card is messed up and I am waiting for 8-16 to download Dead Rising 2 on 360 for free. Then I will send it to be repaired. I still have to play gta4 episodes, and red dead redemption, and some more black ops 2...[/QUOTE]

Just curious...do you also get upset when you crush the shit out of the turtles on Super Mario Bros? :snicker

Jun 4, 2007
I'm buying this day 1. Hopefully it'll be on psn. But I refuse to pay R* again on the ps4. I'll gladly buy a used copy. Fuck you R*.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
I'll most likely wait for the next gen version as well. A bit of graphical edge and better framerate is what I want.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="-Dj-, post: 6180297]just make gta6 for ps4 R*[/QUOTE]

That's kind of the way I feel about it too. Start of the next gen consoles with something new. Not a re-release. I think they should just release for current gen and start work on GTA6.

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="ps3freak18, post: 6180917]That's kind of the way I feel about it too. Start of the next gen consoles with something new. Not a re-release. I think they should just release for current gen and start work on GTA6.[/QUOTE]

What else do you want from GTA6? GTA5 map is HUGE, great graphics, three protagonists, GTA online etc.... All they need to do is port and update it with better graphics and add some missions.

Look at it like this. GTA4 was released more than 5 years ago. How long do you think it would take them to make a completely new GTA for ps4? I'm guessing a couple years easily if they didn't work on any other projects which we know its not going to happen.

I can't believe all the whiny kids in this thread. It's $60 dollars, big deal. I bet you blow your money on stupider shit every day and don't think twice about it.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="MonkeyClaw, post: 6180733]Just curious...do you also get upset when you crush the shit out of the turtles on Super Mario Bros? :snicker[/QUOTE]

I hurt a little each time I koopa stomp. :(

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="billm0066, post: 6180964]What else do you want from GTA6? GTA5 map is HUGE, great graphics, three protagonists, GTA online etc.... All they need to do is port and update it with better graphics and add some missions.

Look at it like this. GTA4 was released more than 5 years ago. How long do you think it would take them to make a completely new GTA for ps4? I'm guessing a couple years easily if they didn't work on any other projects which we know its not going to happen.

I can't believe all the whiny kids in this thread. It's $60 dollars, big deal. I bet you blow your money on stupider shit every day and don't think twice about it.[/QUOTE]

I don't object to it. I know it will look better and they can add some things to the game. But in that same instance, porting makes the time frame to the release of GTA 6 that much longer. Mostly due to the fact that time is put into porting GTA 5 instead of putting all resources into GTA 6. Like I said not really a big deal, as I would like to see a more next gen version sooner. But I like the fact of moving on.

IWAO

Master Guru
Aug 20, 2006
Denmark, Copenhagen
twitter.com
[QUOTE="MonkeyClaw, post: 6180273]I still have my fingers crossed for it to be released on PS4 this year! I am hoping they are just being hush hush on it right now because something will get announced at Gamescom...I have no plans on getting the PS3 version, from this point on it is PS4 or bust![/QUOTE]

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
It is not a surprise at all... They do see the money making part of it and it makes sense to max sales on current consoles first and then P.C and then NEXT GEN CONSOLES

So first 2013 GTA V and then 2014 for P.C and NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Why not just pick up the PS3 version because you think the gameplay looks fun? This is why I hate the idea of cross-gen because all people can think about are better graphics and framerate.

Jun 4, 2007
[QUOTE="Blacksite, post: 6183654]Why not just pick up the PS3 version because you think the gameplay looks fun? This is why I hate the idea of cross-gen because all people can think about are better graphics and framerate.[/QUOTE]notsureifserious.gif

Flumbooze

Superior Member
Jun 16, 2013
Belgium
[QUOTE="Blacksite, post: 6183654]Why not just pick up the PS3 version because you think the gameplay looks fun? This is why I hate the idea of cross-gen because all people can think about are better graphics and framerate.[/QUOTE]

Because otherwise you'd have to buy it two times? I mean, if I can wait a little while and have better framerate and graphics and possibly a better online experience, why not?