Rockstar on GTA V for PS4/Xbox One: We’ll ‘see what happens’

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="Flumbooze, post: 6183872]Because otherwise you'd have to buy it two times? I mean, if I can wait a little while and have better framerate and graphics and possibly a better online experience, why not?[/QUOTE]
The game already looks fantastic. We're getting access to the game a lot sooner than the PC fanbase but you want to wait even longer which is stupid. GTA V was clearly made with current-gen consoles in mind and if everyone decided to wait, which fortunately isn't the case, they wouldn't profit from that hard work.

I get that people are caught in the next-gen hype train but not every game out there needs to be ported to next-gen consoles like the PS4.

Last edited:

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
With Playstation new deal I now feel more confident to purchase this game for the PS3 and I can only hope that if it does see a PS4 release they'll have Rockstar on the transition partnership so that I could buy it for a cheaper price on PS4.

Flumbooze

Superior Member
Jun 16, 2013
Belgium
[QUOTE="Blacksite, post: 6184740]The game already looks fantastic. We're getting access to the game a lot sooner than the PC fanbase but you want to wait even longer which is stupid. GTA V was clearly made with current-gen consoles in mind and if everyone decided to wait, which fortunately isn't the case, they wouldn't profit from that hard work.

I get that people are caught in the next-gen hype train but not every game out there needs to be ported to next-gen consoles like the PS4.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but how good will framerate be on current-gen? I remember GTA 4 which was awful. Then again, the only reason I wait is because I don't have a current-gen console and my PC is shit.

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
Frame-rate will be capped at a balance that suits R*, it will dip or increase depends what area you are in inn the game

It happens in all games, even if you wait until the PS4 version. Do you think there will be no dip in frame rate at all

If you think there wont be, then sorry to tell you. That it wont be perfect

Man I got almost $1700 in pre orders at gamestop right now plus another $400 at amazon and everything needs paid off by Nov 15th... not buying ANYMORE ps3 games!! My wife wants to strangle me right now!! Only 2 current generation games I'm getting are AC4 bf (for my daughter) and COD G (for my son) both on the 360...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
[QUOTE="Smokin Joker, post: 6185169]Man I got almost $1700 in pre orders at gamestop right now plus another $400 at amazon and everything needs paid off by Nov 15th... not buying ANYMORE ps3 games!! My wife wants to strangle me right now!! Only 2 current generation games I'm getting are AC4 bf (for my daughter) and COD G (for my son) both on the 360...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4[/QUOTE]

Well that cleared up a lot of why money grows on trees then

Shockwave

PSU Editor
Nov 11, 2007
Ireland
Presumably it just comes to practicality factors: do they have the staff resources, will the install base be enough to warrant the investment, time, etc. I'd lean towards it happening, but it's by no means a foregone conclusion just yet.

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
[QUOTE="ShockWave, post: 6185385]Presumably it just comes to practicality factors: do they have the staff resources, will the install base be enough to warrant the investment, time, etc. I'd lean towards it happening, but it's by no means a foregone conclusion just yet.[/QUOTE]

Well they are waiting for the sales off current consoles first and if it is worth the transition over the next gen, depends on sales on current gen

So the fiscal year and how TAKE-TWO approach how they will repackage GTA V and GTA ONLINE for next gen... Is up to them

It makes logical sense to spread the game over multi platforms and P.C being the next step and then next gen after that

So in all sales on current gen and sales on P.C will decide whether they move to next gen

Kawaiius

Apprentice
Jan 11, 2007
Good thing for me is my bday is in Oct so i can con someone into buying me an early bday gift in GTA V ....and ill just buy it myself when the nex-gen version comes out.

Flumbooze

Superior Member
Jun 16, 2013
Belgium
[QUOTE="claud3, post: 6184949]Frame-rate will be capped at a balance that suits R*, it will dip or increase depends what area you are in inn the game

It happens in all games, even if you wait until the PS4 version. Do you think there will be no dip in frame rate at all

If you think there wont be, then sorry to tell you. That it wont be perfect[/QUOTE]

What a way of putting words in my mouth.

Yes, no game is perfect without framedrops, especially on consoles. But that doesn't mean that the game won't run significantly better on PS4 than on PS3. I don't know if you've played GTA 4 on PS3, but it was awful and I never want to experience that again. I'm confident that if the game releases on next-gen you will see a difference in performance.

[QUOTE="claud3, post: 6185345]Well that cleared up a lot of why money grows on trees then[/QUOTE]

My wife asked me if I has a secret tree when she found my pre order list... told her no I was gonna poop out the $!!! That went over well too!!!

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
[QUOTE="Smokin Joker, post: 6185612]My wife asked me if I has a secret tree when she found my pre order list... told her no I was gonna poop out the $!!! That went over well too!!!

Shit happens i guess lol...

On topic:

i will always say it 2014 is the year GTAV / GTA ONLIVE will be on P.C and next gen consoles and that is a smart move by R*

To max sale on current gen first and then max them on the p.c and then the new consoles coming out

Oct 18, 2006
[QUOTE="claud3, post: 6185648]Shit happens i guess lol...

On topic:

i will always say it 2014 is the year GTAV / GTA ONLIVE will be on P.C and next gen consoles and that is a smart move by R*

To max sale on current gen first and then max them on the p.c and then the new consoles coming out[/QUOTE]

I want GTA 5 badly, but I won't be drop any money for the PS3 version, for me it is PS4 or bust! I was really hoping when they delayed the release it was because they were getting it ported to the next gen consoles...come on TGS, bring me some good news!

[QUOTE="MonkeyClaw, post: 6185673]I want GTA 5 badly, but I won't be drop any money for the PS3 version, for me it is PS4 or bust! I was really hoping when they delayed the release it was because they were getting it ported to the next gen consoles...come on TGS, bring me some good news![/QUOTE]

This is what I was trying to say basically with my post..

With the new consoles coming out so close to a lot of major releases I just don't have the extra $ to put on a "last gen" game... perhaps if it was a current generation game I would revise my list but can't bring myself to drop $60 on a game that I will play for only a few weeks..

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
So more or less, you are going to miss out an entire current version off GTA V, that is coming to next gen next year... Why would you do that

It makes sense to play now and enjoy it until the next gen version is released

Oct 18, 2006
[QUOTE="claud3, post: 6185739]So more or less, you are going to miss out an entire current version off GTA V, that is coming to next gen next year... Why would you do that

It makes sense to play now and enjoy it until the next gen version is released[/QUOTE]

Pretty much...if it doesn't come out on PS4 I will probably give the PS3 version a try by renting it and worse case just purchase the PC version of the game later on down the road.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
Maybe I'm alone but i won't feel too bad about missing GTA:V if it isn't released on PC or PS4. I'm not playing it on current gen hardware unless there are videos of it not looking like a PowerPoint presentation whenever things get a bit hectic.

BBK. Tapatalking

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="claud3, post: 6185845]I might be the only excited for current gen version of GTA V... I would never skip it and wait for next gen versions

I rather experience and enjoy it in full now[/QUOTE]

I am too, been expecting it for quite a bit and I'm also on a tight budget with the PS4 coming soon and all but I can still do GTA V and skip Beyond, I never rent games but that one will be a rent instead.

HalfOfZero

Loves Kat Von D
Sep 21, 2007
www.just-stay-true.blogspot.com
I've already decided I won't be buying anything else for the PS3 now. When I get my sweaty hands on a PS4 I will probs give my sister my PS3 to be honest.
Yeah that means running the risk of not getting to play GTA5, but I am more than confident a port will be in the works, or maybe even the online only part of the game. I liked how they worded it in an article, that it'll be "included" with GTA5 out the box "for a while", or something.

Oct 18, 2006
[QUOTE="Mister Nutbar, post: 6186458]No way this is not coming. This much time invested? No way it's last gen only. Probably will be every possible platform in all honesty.[/QUOTE]

Those are my thoughts as well, it is way too big of an investment on their part and being that it wouldn't take much effort to port the PC version to the next gen consoles because they all use x86 architecture it just seems like a no brainer!

Old Man Gamer

Superior Member
Jul 15, 2012
There's no reason to release next gen, especially with what they have planned. We're going to be seeing the 360/PS3 for years yet.

In fact, GTA is one of the reasons I'm sticking with this gen for a while.

Flumbooze

Superior Member
Jun 16, 2013
Belgium
[QUOTE="Old Man Gamer, post: 6186777]There's no reason to release next gen, especially with what they have planned. We're going to be seeing the 360/PS3 for years yet.

In fact, GTA is one of the reasons I'm sticking with this gen for a while.

It's extra copies with little effort involved. You really seem to be an old man gamer.

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
[QUOTE="chriharr, post: 6189617]I can't wait for the GTA series to be done and dusted its getting more and more sour actually rockstar is becoming EA fast.[/QUOTE]

You my friend are E.A spy and trying to bring down a world that can not be destroyed

How are R*/Take-Two becoming E.A... They never release a GTA every year and take time over their series

Were E.A like others are releasing a game of their series every single year and it is the same thing over and over again with a few few very few tweaks

Last edited: