Ronaldo To Retire on 31st December 2011

Jun 15, 2008
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=745706&sec=global&cc=5739
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jjL4l0q540Fs2Ttb05HMZPQLq5hQ

A really really sad day for football. One of the best players of all time and probably the most natural striker ive ever seen in my lifetime. He had everything, pace, power, clinical in area, magical skill and just a great great player. You have got to wonder that without the knee injuries what else he could have gone on to. I hope he has one last runout at the WC to hit 100 caps, which he deserves but it looks unlikely. Just follow his wikipedia page to see his absolutely insane goals to games ratio and to see what he has won in his career to date.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronaldo

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
About time. I honestly didn't get to see him play often, but when I did I never saw anything special.

Noxia

Forum Sage
Dec 21, 2008
England
Last time I saw him was when I was in MIlan for the derby. We were given whistles to blow everytime he got the ball and then he scored first :( Still, we had the last laugh as we won 2-1.

Sep 7, 2007
Absolutely incredible player! The hat trick at OT was something special, even getting a huge round of applause when he came off!

Still scoring on a regular basis for Corinthians, one of the best strikers of all time!

bigdec

Dedicated Member
Dec 9, 2008
Salford
[QUOTE="Xelis, post: 0]About time. I honestly didn't get to see him play often, but when I did I never saw anything special.[/quote]
He was a class act and apparently hes playing good again and might be in the Brazil world cup squad.

May 19, 2009
[QUOTE="bigdec, post: 0]He was a class act and apparently hes playing good again and might be in the Brazil world cup squad.[/quote]

I have a feeling he'll be on the squad regardless of whether he's playing well or not. (which I believe he currently is)

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
[QUOTE="HypeNotiq, post: 0]I have a feeling he'll be on the squad regardless of whether he's playing well or not. (which I believe he currently is)[/quote]

it would be nice to see him at the World Cup .Its a shame Adriano has dropped of the Map though as i would have liked to seen him there too

EDIT also Ronaldinho Being left out of the Final Warm up game is worrying

Jun 15, 2008
Adrianos nailed on for the WC actually. Him, Nilmar, Robinho and Fabiano will be the set-up for STs as things go. Shame about Ronaldo probably not going though, all you have to do is look at the stats to see how devastating he was. 47 in 49 at Barca is just silly. If it werent for injuries him and Vieri would probably have been the best strike partnership ever.

MAJOR1234

Superior Member
Feb 16, 2009
Not surprised really, like a lot of brazillian footballers he hit his prime and after that he didnt do anything. Im surprised he didnt retire earlier.

spyrde

Master Guru
Feb 18, 2009
Finland
Should've ended his career when he was on top, but whatever. Hes a legend, and was one of the best footballers of all time. Shame to see him go, but I think its good that hes stepping away.