Rooney overtakes Ronaldinho as FIFA's ugliest player

Nuvian

Master Sage
Feb 4, 2008
Rooney overtakes Ronaldinho as FIFA's ugliest player

Eight new FIFA 09 screenshots inside

EA has released eight new screenshots from the many versions of FIFA 09.

The developer has also promised that each version will be specifically catered for the corresponding platform.

For example, the Wii version can either be played in the old 11 vs 11 simulation or the 'over-the-top 8 vs 8 arcade mode that apparently is more intuitive than normal FIFA.

The PS3/Xbox 360 version (sneakily combining two platforms in one) appears to have greater levels of strategy and position customisation, which sounds like it's making a step towards being a football management sim.

Meanwhile, the PC will get mouse gameplay controls and customizable widgets in the menu system that connects you to the FIFA community and real-world football information.

For more information on FIFA 09, we'd recommend checking out our FIFA info page.

Looks like the dev's artists might have to add an extra few hundred pixels to Ronaldinho though...

Xbox 360 / PS3 version
Xbox 360 / PS3 version
Xbox 360 / PS3 version
Xbox 360 / PS3 version
PS2 Version
PS2 Version
PS2 Version
PS2 Version
Source (have to goto source to view the images in full size)
I'm actually looking forward to a fifa game for once.

Itaintrite

Super Elite
Jan 2, 2006
www.mangabrothel.com
[QUOTE="EMAGDNIM, post: 0]I don't know...I guess they have some sort of man crush for other players...[/quote]
And apparently they don't follow much football either. Plenty of fuglier players out there. But that's besides the point...

Game looks good as usual. If it's even slightly better than Fifa08, I'll give it a shot. 08 was great.

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
When will you learn that Javascript doesn't work on the forums, Nuvian? I want to click the screenshots, but I can't, and I can't be bothered to click the article to look at them. Learn to use BBCode, damn it, haha.

HWMbrogden

That Band Is Awful
Aug 22, 2007
NJ - 732
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="Itaintrite, post: 0]And apparently they don't follow much football either. Plenty of fuglier players out there. But that's besides the point...

Game looks good as usual. If it's even slightly better than Fifa08, I'll give it a shot. 08 was great.[/quote]

I agree fully. There are so many other uglier footballers out there. Hell look at Van Nistelrooy. Rooney isn't ugly, he is just a mongoloid looking thug thats all. As for 09? First day purchase.

grcswoosh

Master Poster
Oct 5, 2007
SoCal
LOL, I have borderline hated soccer since I quit playing at 15, but the title of this thread along with the OP are cracking me up

:lol:

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
Personally I don't Rooney takes over as uglier than Ronaldinho on the game... nor the entire FIFA. The game is looking pretty good and the features they are adding in are definitely making me want it.

PS3/360

PS2