Rugby World Cup 2015 Video Game – Details, Release Date Revealed

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK

The RWC 2015 game is lining up to tackle our consoles and PCs later this year, and we’ve got some new details on the release…

The official Rugby World Cup 2015 game was announced last month, but beyond that not much is known about the title, however, we now have some new details thanks to a product page.

Posted on local online retailer Raru, the game is said to be launching on 4 September 2015, which would coincide with the opening of the tournament being held in England later this year.

Furthermore, there are some new features coming to the game. Here they are below:

We bring them:

Actual Rugby World Cup rules
Official content: rugby teams and players from the best teams in the World
Full, official statistics from OPTA: individual players, teams, match stats…
Local multiplayer for up to 4 players

Improvements over Rugby 15:

Gameplay – New dedicated tutorial mode
Refined specific sequences: mauls, rucks, lineouts… Tips to help players
Graphics – More fluid player movements, More stadiums
Audience waving flags
Artificial Intelligence – More realistic AI positioning

The World Cup Experience:

Official kits, players and jerseys from the most important teams in the rugby world
The game’s World Cup mode allows the player to jump in at any key moment of the RWC
Teams’ cinematic introduction before a game starts
Teams’ hymns before and during games
Cinematic outro (eg. Your team winning the Webb Ellis cup)
No mention of replays, online modes or how specific gameplay works (passing, tackling etc), but we’ll have to wait a little more before we see some more on that.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Let's just hope it's MUCH better than someones last attempt at a rugby game!

Fingers crossed it turns out to be pretty decent, shame we don't get a few more of them really!

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6461096]Let's just hope it's MUCH better than someones last attempt at a rugby game!

Fingers crossed it turns out to be pretty decent, shame we don't get a few more of them really![/QUOTE]

2011 WC went to number 3 in the charts did really well, so this might do to.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="nextgen3, post: 6461100]2011 WC went to number 3 in the charts did really well, so this might do to.[/QUOTE]

Hope so, wouldn't mind playing a decent Rugby game, have been a long time fan of the Northampton Saints

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Rugby Union has to be one of the hardest sports to put into video game form. There is so much live contesting of the ball that there simply isn't enough buttons to convey it's complexity.

The last Rugby game i played was soo formulaic/Robotic. You would enter a ruck, the game would crunch some numbers, and if it so deemed, the ball (which was on your side of the ruck) would slide all the way though to the opponents side....the fuck? o_O

Waiting for the day someone does justice to the sport, i mean look at this:
[video=youtube;cJPs1VpfZKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJPs1VpfZKA[/video]
It's amazing!

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
HB always mess these up. Why they continue to get a Canadian company to do these I have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malt

Superior Member
Oct 29, 2013
Darkest Wales
I've only ever played one decent rugby game and that was way back on ps2. Think it was by EA and simply called 'Rugby.' The original Jonah Lomu rugby was meant to be a good game as well but I never played it.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Malt, post: 6461481]I've only ever played one decent rugby game and that was way back on ps2. Think it was by EA and simply called 'Rugby.' The original Jonah Lomu rugby was meant to be a good game as well but I never played it.[/QUOTE]

Jonah Lomu Rugby was a brilliant game, many hours were spent having fun with a mate on that game!

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
First Screens appear online but no Trailer or Gameplay as of yet -

Unfortunately, this is not the kind of development powerhouse that we see at EA or 2K, capable of throwing hundreds of people at a project and always pushing to reach new heights graphically. Though we don’t know which platform these are from, the graphics aren’t exactly mind blowing, so we’ll have to hope that they can deliver on the gameplay front, which has always been a bit of a stumbling block for rugby games.

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6462243]Doesn't look too bad, seen worse!

Will be interesting to see how the mechanics are implemented, bet it's not easy on a Rugby game![/QUOTE]

if its like lomu rugby wouldn't care much liked that game.

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
Reviews are in

Ign - 1.5/10
Lazygamer 2/10
Steam 4/10

Ouch!!! What a bad game not worth its full retail price, if you prefer a rugby game stick to Rugby 15 which a bit better for less price so looks like another bad rugby game. I think it's time for a big developers to do rugby games EA rugby was good games much better than been released this year!!! Truly disappointed there's no really good rugby games on the market.