Rumor: Discount Xbox 360 Elite Halo 3 bundle coming to Canada

Legend Killer

Master Poster
Dec 24, 2005
Rumor: Discount Xbox 360 Elite Halo 3 bundle coming to Canada

by Griffin McElroy

Another day, another Xbox 360 Elite price cut rumor. This time, said gossip comes to us in the form of a tipster (who wishes to remain anonymous), whose unnamed Canadian retail outlet is adding a new SKU to its store shelves -- a $349.99 Xbox 360 Elite bundle which includes a copy of Halo 3 and a network adapter. Considering both of those items still carry fairly hefty price tags, that's one heck of a deal.

Said tipster sent in four photos (the others are posted after the jump) and a supposed street date for the Canadian bundle -- August 28. Another interesting bit of info: The tipster also claimed that a new shipment of Xbox 360 Arcades carry no mention of the supposedly-soon-to-be-phased-out Pro model. If you're a Canadian retail employee who can shed some light onto the veracity of this new bundle, shoot us an email -- and as always, we'll respect your anonymity. We'll also respect your anemones. And your enmity!

source: www.joystiq.com

Now that's a great deal, I hope they release a similar bundle for the US.

Legend Killer

Master Poster
Dec 24, 2005
Including the Wireless adapter came as a shock to me, and who said Microsoft wasn't worried about the PS3 Slim? :lol:

If this come to the US I'm selling my Pro and picking one Up, I'll just sell Halo 3 on Ebay. :grin:

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
That's a great bundle for the price, which also includes the wireless adapter. It will give the PS3 slim a run for it's money. We all know who we've got to thank for it. ;)

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
I love that they're including the wireless adapter. They've matched Sony on every front now, except for Blu-ray of course. But that's not a big deal.

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 0]I love that they're including the wireless adapter. They've matched Sony on every front now, except for Blu-ray of course. But that's not a big deal.[/quote]

It seems MS has evaluated their stance and I guess at least in Canada they can afford to throw in the Elite with the $99usd wireless adapter whilst matching the PS3's price.

Those wanting to play games and hearing their friends boast about games like Halo and Gears of War find themselves a pretty good buy right here with this imo.

MS has a bright future as do Sony imo, both corps have great 2010's ahead of them also.

Personally if this comes to Australia I'll buy one and use the USB adapter for a PC in the house. :lol:

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
And as for the rumour part, the box looks real to me. And the offer logical. I wouldn't be surprised at all seeing this bundle spread around the world.

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
[QUOTE="SpyroViper, post: 0]Why couldn't Microsoft use built in Wi-fi like Sony did though?[/quote]

Surplus perhaps? Plus they'd need to revise the 360 for that, why do that when the hardware was designed to be used externally?

I don't think we should be that fussy or that choosy. People claimed Wifi was needed and now you can have it for the same price as a PS3***.

*** Assuming this is indeed real

[QUOTE="MjW, post: 0]And as for the rumour part, the box looks real to me. And the offer logical. I wouldn't be surprised at all seeing this bundle spread around the world.[/quote]

I hope so because I want to sell my Premium 360 (no HDMI) and get one of these.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
I'm not sure why Halo 3 would be picked instead of something like Forza 3, Halo: ODST or Halo: Reach (if I'm correct, wasn't Halo 3 soon bundled for the holiday after it had come out?) So a brand new holiday bundle with an almost 2 year old game sounds a bit fake.

I'm glad they are including the wireless adapter though, if true. Even if it's not needed by some people, it's always a great option to have since mostly everyone has a wireless router now so the option is already there...having two options is better than one.

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 0]I'm not sure why Halo 3 would be picked instead of something like Forza 3, Halo: ODST or Halo: Reach (if I'm correct, wasn't Halo 3 soon bundled for the holiday after it had come out?) So a brand new holiday bundle with an almost 2 year old game sounds a bit fake. [/quote]

This is supposedly already on shelves in Canada.

Correction: Not on shelves, my apologies. "The Source" (a Canadian retailer) claims to already have them.

News here.

The titles you mentioned aren't released yet bro but will probably be made available not too long after they go retail...

They had a GTA IV bundle a few weeks ago if not mistaken (that too is now pushing 17 months old).

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
News here.[/URL]

The titles you mentioned aren't released yet bro but will probably be made available not too long after they go retail...

They had a GTA IV bundle a few weeks ago if not mistaken (that too is now pushing 17 months old).
Oh yea I know they haven't been released. I just didn't think bundles had older games like that. I know some bundles survive for a long time but did not know a brand new bundle could have a game that came out about 2 years ago.

News to me.

So I'm assuming you meant that we may see bundles of those games once they're out, do you think probably by this holiday? I think that'd be a smart move.

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 0]Oh yea I know they haven't been released. I just didn't think bundles had older games like that. I know some bundles survive for a long time but did not know a brand new bundle could have a game that came out about 2 years ago.

News to me. [/quote]

Halo 3 still sells, it's sold over 10,000,000 copies! That's a damn lot! :) Believe it or not but there is still demand for it, people love the game and the features it offers, not just the ability to play the SP and MP but Forge and all the other stuff Bungie threw into it. It's very popular because the game is big and with solid DLC also.

I, personally am not a Halo 3 mega fan. I prefer the 1st, ODST reminds me much of Halo CE. :lol:

[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 0]So I'm assuming you meant that we may see bundles of those games once they're out, do you think probably by this holiday? I think that'd be a smart move.[/quote]

Not sure but Forza 3, at least not for 12 months or so. I believe F3 will sell without a bundled 360. I see ODST possibly being bundled after a good 6-8 months (of course I may be wrong) or a GTA IV & Episodes from Liberty City bundle right upon release of GTA IV: TBoGT.

All in all the consumer wins imo, it's a great step and MS clearly doesn't want to lay down right now.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="A7MAD, post: 0]Halo 3 still sells, it's sold over 10,000,000 copies! That's a damn lot! :) Believe it or not but there is still demand for it, people love the game and the features it offers, not just the ability to play the SP and MP but Forge and all the other stuff Bungie threw into it. It's very popular because the game is big and with solid DLC also.

I, personally am not a Halo 3 mega fan. I prefer the 1st, ODST reminds me much of Halo CE. :lol:
[/quote]

Oh right I forgot about the DLC, I think one just came out not too long ago.

Not sure but Forza 3, at least not for 12 months or so. I believe F3 will sell without a bundled 360. I see ODST possibly being bundled after a good 6-8 months (of course I may be wrong) or a GTA IV & Episodes from Liberty City bundle right upon release of GTA IV: TBoGT.

All in all the consumer wins imo, it's a great step and MS clearly doesn't want to lay down right now.
Now, I'm not saying that Forza 3 needs to be bundled to sell because I know it will sell regardless. What I mean is MS' answer to the Slim could be a nice bundle like this. MS is known for good bundles.

It can't be too tough, we've seen bundles like PS3+Fifa (if I recall correctly) a year ago in EU...and I think that game was just coming out as well.

I donno, I was under the impression that bundles could also be for games that were just coming out (kinda like the red 360 RE5 bundle in Japan).

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 0]Oh right I forgot about the DLC, I think one just came out not too long ago.

Now, I'm not saying that Forza 3 needs to be bundled to sell because I know it will sell regardless. What I mean is MS' answer to the Slim could be a nice bundle like this. MS is known for good bundles.

It can't be too tough, we've seen bundles like PS3+Fifa (if I recall correctly) a year ago in EU...and I think that game was just coming out as well.

I donno, I was under the impression that bundles could also be for games that were just coming out (kinda like the red 360 RE5 bundle in Japan).[/quote]

Expect MS to do a Forza 3 or H3: ODST Holiday bundle.

SDiablo123

Dedicated Member
Dec 30, 2007
I might actually get this on my bday...cheap as heck..prolly gunna resell H3 at Gamestop or something...wanted to get a 360 elite n wireless thingy...wich is like 600bux cuz the wireless adapter is like 100bux itself o.o

Jun 12, 2005
hmmm i wonder if these are going to be jasper units, also wondering if all av cables are included... if so, it might just be time to finally pick up a 360

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
It's no longer a rumor, just looked at the Best Buy flyer and it's real. Although, a bit different:

Elite Value Bundle

- XBOX 360 Elite
- Wireless Network Adapter
- Halo 3
- Kung Fu Panda
- Lego Indiana Jones

$329.99CDN

If I had the money, I'd buy this in a heart beat.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="the_End, post: 0]It's no longer a rumor, just looked at the Best Buy flyer and it's real. Although, a bit different:

Elite Value Bundle

- XBOX 360 Elite
- Wireless Network Adapter
- Halo 3
- Kung Fu Panda
- Lego Indiana Jones

$329.99CDN

If I had the money, I'd buy this in a heart beat.[/quote]
This a great bundle actually. Lucky Canadians. :p

J

justintheman99

Wow, usually Canada is overlooked with awesome bundles such as this. If I didn't already own an Elite I would buy this instantly.

skulpt

Master Guru
May 27, 2005
www.adigitaldreamer.com
Ms having been trying to get rid of old SKUs for a while now in Canada. That's basically the old KF Panda bundle from last fall already. They are basically clearing old stagnant stock it seems. The same deal with me getting my Arcade for $149 here in Canada. It was the older SKU with the Falcon chipset and the loud DVD drive. This probably will be the same considering when they produced that bundle.