Rumor: GT7 to be at E3, may support Morpheus!

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
I love the rumour mill period before E3. :D This would be awesome. Have a feeling Sony's going to have some badass surprises though.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
[QUOTE="Ghost, post: 6447560]I love the rumour mill period before E3. :D This would be awesome. Have a feeling Sony's going to have some badass surprises though.

Sent from my GT-I9000[/QUOTE]

Not gonna lie, it's my favorite time of the year. Couple this with that Logitech wheel rumor and it does seem to make sense.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
This would be my number 1 announcement if this was true, to say I'm really looking forward to what the next GT is going to look like would be an understatement :D

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="Ghost, post: 6447560]I love the rumour mill period before E3. :D This would be awesome. Have a feeling Sony's going to have some badass surprises though.

Sent from my GT-I9000[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It gets to the point I don't even care if what is rumored turns out to be true or not, I just love the craziness of it all and the buildup to the conferences. Hopefully we get some major announcements/surprises dropped this year.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Bet GT7 will look beautiful on PS4 though, it always looked amazing on the older consoles so can't wait to see what it shall look like on the newest generation!

Just hoping they add full car customization as in my eyes that is where Forza excels over Gran Turismo!

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
You're not wrong there @Duffman.

It could be the truly epic car experience once more that GT seemed to lose on the 4th incarnation. A good number of cars is also essential, but I dont mean 300 where 250 are varieties of Skylines, Evos and Imprezas.

I'll hope for the best and expect the worst

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="ArnoldRimmer, post: 6447997]You're not wrong there @Duffman.

It could be the truly epic car experience once more that GT seemed to lose on the 4th incarnation. A good number of cars is also essential, but I dont mean 300 where 250 are varieties of Skylines, Evos and Imprezas.

I'll hope for the best and expect the worst[/QUOTE]

Got to be honest I am glad they are not getting rid of their car catalog either, yes some of the cars are pointless but for me the more cars GT can boast the better!

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6447998]Got to be honest I am glad they are not getting rid of their car catalog either, yes some of the cars are pointless but for me the more cars GT can boast the better![/QUOTE]

For me, it's always great that I can find used cars that I actually had before. Even though it seems silly to have like literally every model year of Skyline, somewhere out there, there's someone who's like "Yeah! That was the first sports car I ever got!" and I think that's something that Gran Turismo has always had going for it. Some people see the Trueno Apex and think "What is that boxy hunk of 80s junk doing here?" then there are people like me who say "HOLY CRAP, IT'S THE INITIAL-D CAR!!!!!111111111oneoneoneone"

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
As for features, the game is expected to offer better audio with Air Herald noting that the former audio director for the Forza Motorsport racing series, Mike Caviezel, now working on the "Gran Turismo 7." Caviezel has 18 solid years of experience in the audio industry and fans are really excited to witness what he has in store for the game.
Jesus, the poor guys only been working there 2 months.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 6448214]Jesus, the poor guys only been working there 2 months.[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure what your point is there Mynd, it's not like he's never done it before and this is his first job fresh out of high school :lol:

Everyone knows Forza sounds superior to Gran Turismo so it's nice to finally see PD doing something about it!

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6448225]Not quite sure what your point is there Mynd, it's not like he's never done it before and this is his first job fresh out of high school :lol:

Everyone knows Forza sounds superior to Gran Turismo so it's nice to finally see PD doing something about it![/QUOTE]

I think 2 months is a bit early for him to have a meaningful impact on the sound design.
For all we know he requires all the sounds to be re-recorded.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="BBK.., post: 6448321]Regardless of how long it takes. It'll be good that GTs cars will actually sound like cars opposed to a vacuum cleaner![/QUOTE]

Oh yes, I was just thinking, heck of a lot of pressure they just put on him considering how long he has been there.

Tetsu

Forum Guru
May 6, 2006
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6448225]Everyone knows Forza sounds superior to Gran Turismo [/QUOTE]
Well... Forza definitely sounds louder... :p

I was one of the few in F4 who refused to upgrade my exhaust system for quite some time because the cars already sounded unrealistically obnoxious. I own a Supra MkIII in real life, and it whirrs and whines kind of like a small school bus. Except in Forza, in which it comes "pre-equipped" with a Borla semi-racing exhaust. And I'm not a fan of the way street cars kind of "Hoover" along while your car ROARS over the pack from half a mile away. Gah. I much prefer real realism than the Hollywood hype effect, and it's not like a lot of car sounds have been improved in GT6 already. Ever listen to a NASCAR car idle down, or check out the new Peugeot Vision GT? Those aren't even vacuum cleaner samples.

Haven't checked out F5 to see if things are right again in the sound department in T10 land, but the tiny game with that built in credit card reader at every stage puts me off, and it's the only series that will ever have me buying The ONE! So, not getting one for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6448225]Everyone knows Forza sounds superior to Gran Turismo so it's nice to finally see PD doing something about it![/QUOTE]

I dunno, the whole concept of making your sound system sound like you are driving on top of the motor always seemed cheesed to me. A running motor wouldn't make a very good seat.

I always thought that debate revolved around one sect of people who are okay with the vacuum cleaner versus another sect of people who like a cheap yobbish thrill, but neither were particularly good audio from the perspective of someone who actually takes part in track days lol

Last edited:

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Lefein, post: 6452088]I dunno, the whole concept of making your sound system sound like you are driving on top of the motor always seemed cheesed to me. A running motor wouldn't make a very good seat.

I always thought that debate revolved around one sect of people who are okay with the vacuum cleaner versus another sect of people who like a cheap yobbish thrill, but neither were particularly good audio from the perspective of someone who actually takes part in track days lol[/QUOTE]
The obvious advantage of a loud exaggerated sounding engine is the ability to tune down the volume. Try as I might I could never turn GTs vacuums into petrol gulping monsters.

Tetsu

Forum Guru
May 6, 2006
There are plenty of cars in GT6 which sound like petrol gulping monsters, but it's hard to withstand a persistent net meme.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6448353]GT was a stellar series on Ps2 but pretty crap on Ps3. They need to really overhaul it in order to stack up to Forza imo.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I loved this game on PS2.

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
GT5 is the best in the series (never played 6).I mean it's a racing game.Just like sports games all you need are better graphics,detail and physics/mechanics.How can anyone think the PS2 games are better? Really lol,they don't have stories or game worlds like other genres.It's all about features and GT5 blows the lid off of any other racing game that I have seen in that regard.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
I think maybe I've just grown tired of the series ... even though it used to be one of my favorites series. Hopefully GT7 will re-spark my interest.