Jun 16, 2005
[QUOTE="Duff-MaN_, post: 5449657]The dacia sandero
Good news, the dacia sandero will be launched later this year :)[/QUOTE]

But then only James may would buy it.

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
Apparently Vita was NGP's codename before it became codenamed NGP. So people hating it & planning on abandoning ship because of it can rest easy now.

Also, I would've kinda liked if it was called "Sony Vita." Not PlayStation Vita, but Sony Vita. Maybe not as instantly reconizable as "PlayStation Portable", but hey, people were hating on Wii's name before that was launched and look how big that became and how people have come accustomed to the name...

Last edited:

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
Yikes im not feeling the whole vita thing, i cant explain why it just doesnt sound.....right? if that makes sense

Agree with Azu though, Sony Vita sounds a lot better i think. Wonder what their thinking behind calling it vita is (provided this is not a rumor)

Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
Damn it... Sony steals everything from Nintendo. First they stole AR, then they steal naming-their-system-something-stupid.

/joke.

I wouldn't care WHAT it was named, honestly. I just want one, and I want it to have skype. Sucks MS bought Skype, but if PS3 can play VC-1, then there's no reason why PS Vita or whatever can't run Skype.

Oh, and I STILL think Wii was a lame name, though better than the generic xBOX and GameCUBE. PlaySTATION at least was new sounding when it came out even if it was bland, but BOX and CUBE just sort of followed the leader. Playstation Portable is bland, too, but has a great abbreviation.

Last edited:

ex nihilo7

Master Poster
Nov 13, 2006
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5559465]ok, how does that apply to the portable gaming machine? Life... (already knew what it meant)....
Do they choose these names by using bingo balls or something? Someone couldn't have seriously thought up that name on purpose.[/QUOTE]
I haven't been following the ngp since they first announced it, but I'm thinking a possibility could be that they are centering the name of the device to indicate tie ins with social media/gaming/networks. I guess we'll find out.

I guess psp2 had too many syllables. I don't know.

please lets get a load of posts of stupid cereal boxes and yoghurts etc lolol

vita is terrible. Wii made senses because they played on it with marketing. the 2 i's looked like wii remotes. wii soudnds like "we play together" there was also nothing else named wii.

theres plenty of fitness cereals etc with vita i the name.

terrible terrible name

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5449676]How does "widomaker" make any sense?[/QUOTE]

Because your wife will become a widow after she kills you for buying it. lol

TheTenth666

Superior Member
Apr 11, 2007
1) doesn't sound good and too long, would reduce to PSV which reminds me of PSV Eindhoven
2) VITA means life in Italian, I despise almost everything Italian (except maybe some noodles and Leonardo Da VInci)

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
Dang, quite the negative response this is getting. For the sake of this forum's sanity, let's hope Vita is just a previous code name...

[QUOTE="TheTenth666, post: 5559989]I despise almost everything Italian[/QUOTE]

Then we are enemies from this day forth.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="O.J. Mayo, post: 5560192]At the end of the day it doesnt matter whats it gonna be called, its all about how good are the games gonna be[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="Agriel, post: 5560625]I don't really care for that name, but I will still be buying one day one no matter what they call it.[/QUOTE]
Same... but pls call it something cool, and not something utterly stupid, like "Vita". ugh