Rumor PS4: Classic 90s games on the way in HD!

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
If HD remasters of classic PlayStation 2 titles on your PlayStation 3 wasn’t enough nostalgia for you, just wait until you see what Sony has in store for the PlayStation 4! An insider has dropped a new tip that could see classic PSone and PS2 titles head to Sony’s latest console, all in glorious native 1080p goodness. Read on for all the details!
According to Twitter tipster Ahsan Rasheed, who’s been bang on the money in the past with PlayStation-related rumours, Sony is working on bringing classic 90s PSone games, as well as PlayStation 2 titles to its next-gen console, along with 1080p support for selected games.
It comes as no surprise that PSone titles would soon be making their way to the PlayStation 4, since many have been available for the PS3 on the PlayStation Network for some time now, but with PS2 games on the cards for Sony’s latest console, and with talk of 1080p rendering, you could soon be replaying your favourite classics in high-definition glory – fancy high-def Metal Gear Solid 3?

Where this sits with Sony’s PlayStation Now plans is yet to be seen, as it could suggest that its game streaming will be limited to PlayStation 3 games, or there could be an option to download these classics instead of streaming them – either way, we can’t wait to see what Sony has in store for its retro titles.
Rasheed has also hinted that there will be Blu-ray and media player updates on the way for the PS4 too, as well as VR demos at future events – plus he also hints that Sony could be taking a Oculus Rift-style approach to its Project Morpheus by letting developers test the product before it’s ready for the spotlight.
http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/ps4-classic-90s-games-on-the-way-in-hd

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Good news, hope there is a wide range of titles on offer as there is none of the Gran Turismo's, TOCA's or Colin McRae rallies listed under PS1 classics so fingers crossed titles like that will be included!

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="Duffman1986, post: 6321745]Good news, hope there is a wide range of titles on offer as there is none of the Gran Turismo's, TOCA's or Colin McRae rallies listed under PS1 classics so fingers crossed titles like that will be included![/QUOTE]

Colin Mcrae Rally was awesome, I remember playing t for hours at a friends hours on the same tack just getting faster and faster times, that was until I got one so fast nobody could beat it. I shaved off about 2 seconds off the time I beat, but it was not all at once, it took me about an hour in itself shaving a tenth here and there and experimenting with different lines.

We had a lot of drugs that night.

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 6321817]Colin Mcrae Rally was awesome, I remember playing t for hours at a friends hours on the same tack just getting faster and faster times, that was until I got one so fast nobody could beat it. I shaved off about 2 seconds off the time I beat, but it was not all at once, it took me about an hour in itself shaving a tenth here and there and experimenting with different lines.

We had a lot of drugs that night.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Use to play cm myself...with a few smokes..slow responses to 'sharp left...' Commands mean't i always ended up in the ditches...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
Um... Gadgetshow is off about this. This is emulation, not HD remakes. Yeah, PS2 emulation allowed for upscaling. But PS1 emulation will always look bad because the PS1 used a lot of tricks and exploited glitches intentionally in ways that just won't work in High Def, and if the glitches in the visuals were fixed, a lot of them would be outright broken. So, all this news actually means is that you'll get PS1 and PS2 games in almost their original form, and probably that you can transfer your classics collection to PS4 finally. If there are ANY upgrades, it will just be twitch integration.