Rumor: Two next-gen Xbox models to be announced at E3, Halo Infinite will be a launch title, phase out of console generations

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
The next generation of Xbox consoles will be announced at E3 2019, according to a report from French website JeuxVideo.

According to the website, the consoles are code-named “Lockhart” and “Anaconda.” Lockhart is a entry level device without a disc drive and focused on digital, while Anaconda is a high-end device priced similarly to Xbox One X at launch.

As for specifications, JeuxVideo said that data sheets leaked in late January are close to accurate, but would only confirm the presence of SSDs on each machine. Here are the data sheets from January:

Xbox “Lockhart”
Custom 8 Cores – 16 zen threads 2
Custom NAVI 4+ Teraflops
12GB of GDDR6 memory
SSD 1TB NVMe 1 + GB / s

Xbox "Anaconda"
Custom 8 Cores – 16 zen threads 2
Custom NAVI 12+ Teraflops
16GB of GDDR6 memory
SSD 1TB NVMe 1 + GB / s

The Verge senior editor Tom Warren also chimed in to reiterate that not all of the above specifications are accurate.

JeuxVideo states that release is scheduled for the end of 2020, and that Halo Infinite will be a launch title. Halo Infinite will reportedly also be available for Xbox One and PC, as originally announced, as “Microsoft is seeking to get rid of the concept of console generations.”

As for other titles, the website reports that the next game by Ninja Theory, a newly acquired Microsoft studio, will be available in early 2020.

Remember: until anything is officially announced, consider everything reported on this subject nothing more than a rumor.

Thanks, ResetEra.

Update: Thurrott’s Brad Sams is reporting that Microsoft will talk more about its next-generation consoles at E3 2019. He says he is expecting them to talk about next-generation consoles, updates to Xbox Game Pass, new games, and that Halo Infinite will be a launch title for the next-generation platform. He also heard that Halo Infinite will have more RPG elements in it in that the story will evolve based on the decisions players make in the game.
https://gematsu.com/2019/02/rumor-two-next-gen-xbox-models-to-be-announced-at-e3-2019

Supposedly they are also thinking about bringing Game Pass to Switch, PS4 and mobile devices. But I feel like that would take away some of the appeal of investing in an Xbox system when such a feature is no longer exclusive.

@Two4DaMoney @Hedon

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2007
Brought to you by the same company that put out one of the worst consoles(When it comes to exclusives) in the history of the 3D era. We present to you the Xbox Two. Not one model but two.

This doesn't move me at all.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
https://gematsu.com/2019/02/rumor-two-next-gen-xbox-models-to-be-announced-at-e3-2019

Supposedly they are also thinking about bringing Game Pass to Switch, PS4 and mobile devices. But I feel like that would take away some of the appeal of investing in an Xbox system when such a feature is no longer exclusive.

@Two4DaMoney @Hedon
Gamepass isn't a feature. It's a service.

You wouldn't need to invest in a Xbox system if this happens. Hardware is not where the most money is being made anyway. I want to play Halo on Xbox. I don't really care if someone else can play it on their console but I do want to play the best console version which will still be on Xbox. Being able to play Mario or Zelda on Xbox ain't gonna hurt Nintendo either. Not saying these things will ever happen, but if people think they are going to continue to get new more powerful hardware for 30 more years and be affordable to the average consumer they are mistaken.

Brought to you by the same company that put out one of the worst consoles(When it comes to exclusives) in the history of the 3D era. We present to you the Xbox Two. Not one model but two.
Lol.. I guess this means you'll be twice as mad as usual.

This doesn't move me at all.
I'm shocked! This is so unlike unlike you.

Last edited:

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
An 8 core, Zen based CPU?

I wonder if they could actually ditch the APU and go with discrete solutions for the CPU and GPU? We might actually get something amazing out the gate! Not that base model though. At 1/3 of the floating point perf. of the top end one you're basically being relegated to 1080p (not that i care much for res, but it should try to best the gen its replacing).

If they decide to go discrete CPU/GPU these specs look reasonable. Not sure on the NVMe though, those things tend to be more expensive than the actual CPU/GPU's (for that capacity)...

But that being said, i kinda see it as being difficult to move away from an APU. For a "casual" (for want of a better word) plug and play experience it gets the job done. It uses less power, and therefore produces less heat. Which means its easier to cool, which means you can squeeze it into a small form factor.

I hope this rumour is true and we're actually moving away from APU's though.

Jun 4, 2007
I think we'll be getting more concrete leaks after GDC.

MS wants a piece of Sony's pie. When the PS4 hits 100m the xbone will be around 45m or less. The xbone is tracking behind the 360 by 10.9m. It's tracking behind the PS3 by 21m(Shocking. I know. I know) when you align launches lol. They're getting stomped into the ground and had no choice but to scramble and release all their exclusives on PC and now gamepass/xcloud on day 1. Sony and Nintendo don't have that problem.

I'd welcome Gamepass/Xcloud on the PS4. Sony should do it. They have more to gain than lose. Sony shouldn't allow anything but Xbox exclusives due to it competing with PsNow services when it comes to 3rd party. I'd gladly pay $10 to run through Halo or Gears and never sub again. That's how much the xbox brand is worth to me and they haven't proven they can create quality outside of halo, gears or forza. Shitty filler titles such as state of decay 2, sea of thieves, recore or crackdown 3 is simply not going to cut it for me. MS new AA studios still making AA titles is not going to cut it for me. Even at $10 a month.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
I think we'll be getting more concrete leaks after GDC.

MS wants a piece of Sony's pie. When the PS4 hits 100m the xbone will be around 45m or less. The xbone is tracking behind the 360 by 10.9m. It's tracking behind the PS3 by 21m(Shocking. I know. I know) when you align launches lol. They're getting stomped into the ground and had no choice but to scramble and release all their exclusives on PC and now gamepass/xcloud on day 1. Sony and Nintendo don't have that problem.
Getting stomped in the hardware sales but guess what......that's not where the most money is being made which is why you see the industry going in a new direction. Go research who is making the most from all services. Not just Xbox live and PSN, but everything.Like I said before sales and profits aren't the same. Services like gamepass are doing well and there's nothing else out there quite like it on other consoles. So expect Sony to come up with something like a gamepass in the future. Sony may be selling more hardware but at the end of the day they want some of that Gamepass pie themselves. Right now Microsoft seems to be making this whole cloud gaming thing a reality faster than Sony, which IMO had the opportunity to do it with Gaikai which still isn't where it should be. But next gen is approaching so I guess we'll see sooner or later.
I'd welcome Gamepass/Xcloud on the PS4. Sony should do it. They have more to gain than lose. Sony shouldn't allow anything but Xbox exclusives due to it competing with PsNow services when it comes to 3rd party. I'd gladly pay $10 to run through Halo or Gears and never sub again. That's how much the xbox brand is worth to me and they haven't proven they can create quality outside of halo, gears or forza. Shitty filler titles such as state of decay 2, sea of thieves, recore or crackdown 3 is simply not going to cut it for me. MS new AA studios still making AA titles is not going to cut it for me. Even at $10 a month.
You'd welcome? Lol.. like you have any say so in what these companies do with their services.
At the end of the day it really doesn't matter what you want or don't want. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are going to do whatever benefits them the most financially. Even if you pay $10 once for a service and never again the chances are that somebody else will. So there is really not much loss there.

Jun 4, 2007
Excited about Xbox future for what? Phil is uncertain himself about Obsidian and inXile. Lets not pretend that MS hasn't already canceled an Obsidian xbone exclusive already.
Spencer tells me via email that the Obsidian and inXile deals were in part an attempt to "create depth across platforms and genres of expertise," specifically RPGs. I ask whether he thinks the studios will adjust their focus away from PC gaming to a broader platform base, and he says he doesn’t expect so. It will be up to the studios to decide what platforms to make games for, he says.
https://www.pcgamer.com/phil-spence...dios-and-its-commitment-to-pc-gaming-in-2019/

Possibility and hopes is what the Xbox One and their fanbase lived off of the entire generation. "Wait until E3 and Phil will save the day" year after year after year lol. MS doesn't get a fresh batch of cookies for finally getting it right whenever that happens to be. They can't keep failing with exclusives outside of halo, forza and gears. It has to stop somewhere.

Last edited:

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
Getting stomped in the hardware sales but guess what......that's not where the most money is being made which is why you see the industry going in a new direction. Go research who is making the most from all services. Not just Xbox live and PSN, but everything.Like I said before sales and profits aren't the same. Services like gamepass are doing well and there's nothing else out there quite like it on other consoles. So expect Sony to come up with something like a gamepass in the future. Sony may be selling more hardware but at the end of the day they want some of that Gamepass pie themselves. Right now Microsoft seems to be making this whole cloud gaming thing a reality faster than Sony, which IMO had the opportunity to do it with Gaikai which still isn't where it should be. But next gen is approaching so I guess we'll see sooner or later.

You'd welcome? Lol.. like you have any say so in what these companies do with their services.
At the end of the day it really doesn't matter what you want or don't want. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are going to do whatever benefits them the most financially. Even if you pay $10 once for a service and never again the chances are that somebody else will. So there is really not much loss there.
I am looking forward to Xbox 4. MS is making it beast. And their studios keep growing. It is a great time to be a gamer.

May 20, 2008
When was the last time MS created a new AAA i.p that sold over 10 million? Not even Gears hit that figure during the 360 era. Correct me if I'm wrong.
you keep talking about money but truth be told they don't need to sell 10million copies of anything If they have 10 million game pass subscribers. Where do you think some of that money to buy those studios came from? Services like that, mixer , Xbox live and etc. is where Microsoft 'strengths are. That's why you see them integrating them into almost every thing. They are playing to their strengths . That's why if these rumors about them putting games and live on other platforms turns out to be true, it wouldn't surprise me. Their only real weakness is in first party games this gen.

Jun 4, 2007
you keep talking about money but truth be told they don't need to sell 10million copies of anything If they have 10 million game pass subscribers. Where do you think some of that money to buy those studios came from? Services like that, mixer , Xbox live and etc. is where Microsoft 'strengths are. That's why you see them integrating them into almost every thing. They are playing to their strengths . That's why if these rumors about them putting games and live on other platforms turns out to be true, it wouldn't surprise me. Their only real weakness is in first party games this gen.
I unblocked your post in hopes of you answering the question but you haven't because you're embarrassed for whatever reason.

What AAA exclusive, new or old, has sold 10m for MS? Halo pre-xbone. What else? You're a fool if you think sales don't still matter. I didn't bring up money because there's no need to. Selling millions of copies of a game brings in more money than selling 1 month of gamepass.

What I'm trying to figure out is where MS lost its way with their fanbase outside of the xbone launch.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
I unblocked your post in hopes of you answering the question but you haven't because you're embarrassed for whatever reason.
lol..you didn't unblock my post because they were never blocked. I knew you were reading them and this pretty much proves it. You don't want any question answered. You're just trolling as usual. So stop the charade.
What AAA exclusive, new or old, has sold 10m for MS? Halo pre-xbone. What else?
I don't know the answer to that. Tbh, I don't waste time worrying about what a company that's worth almost a trillion dollars has sold.

You're a fool if you think sales don't still matter. I didn't bring up money because there's no need to.
When did I say they didn't? I merely pointed out different ways that money is being made. When you say sales you are talking about the exchange of a commodity for money. So they sort of go hand in hand.

Selling millions of copies of a game brings in more money than selling 1 month of gamepass.
Now that all depends on a few important factors that you fail to realize. You can sell 8 million copies of a game but you may need to sell 5 million just to break even. It all depends on the game and the entire development costs which includes stuff like advertising. As for game pass, I don't know exactly how much they make in a month but they most likely make more in a year than most games will. Especially the ones with little to no replay value. Microsoft just purchased several studios and the money they made from game pass help make that possible, so they cant be doing too bad.

What I'm trying to figure out is where MS lost its way with their fanbase outside of the xbone launch.
They haven't lost their way. They just made some mistakes this gen just as others have in the past, but I would say they have corrected most of those and making the right moves to gain back some of what they had last gen. But if you are really concerned and want to "figure out" whatever it is you're apparently trying to figure out, I can probably provide you a link to someone at Microsoft and maybe they can get you in contact with someone that can help ease your mind. Perhaps, there is nothing to figure out and its just you needing to move on from the past. That's if you are actually reading this, since you claim to not read my post but then reply to them.

Last edited:

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007
:ROFLMAO: it's not trolling because I'm pointing out that even you diehard xbox fans aren't buying exclusives the way you used to in the 360 era. There's no valid excuses because sales are actually lower despite having the PC fanbase to fall back on. There's nothing exciting going on that's going to get people who skipped the xbone to go out and buy a xbtwo. MS needs to fix their halo, forza and gears image. They've tried and failed over and over and over.

Edit:Back to ignore you go. Here's what I see when you post. I don't get any notifications or anything from you quoting my post lol. You'll continue wasting your time on my glorious post.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
:ROFLMAO: it's not trolling because I'm pointing out that even you diehard xbox fans aren't buying exclusives the way you used to in the 360 era. There's no valid excuses because sales are actually lower despite having the PC fanbase to fall back on. There's nothing exciting going on that's going to get people who skipped the xbone to go out and buy a xbtwo. MS needs to fix their halo, forza and gears image. They've tried and failed over and over and over.
Now that's more like it. Be who you really are. You could of just posted this initially instead of trying to act genuine. For a console that's hasn't got anything exciting going on it seems to have your attention. You mad because your company of choice won't be at E3? Sounds like it.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
they don't need to sell 10 million copies of anything If they have 10 million game pass subscribers.
How does that work?

Crackdown 3 at retail: $40 to $60
Crackdown 3 on Game Pass: Free (with $10 monthly subscription, or $1 for the first month)

Unless your argument is that they don't need to make as much money as before to be successful but then why bother competing with Sony, Nintendo, Google or Amazon? No one is saying consumers aren't getting a great deal with Game Pass but...

Their only real weakness is in first party games this gen.
...but when one of the top reasons to invest in a new game console has always been to play great first-party games then you need Microsoft's first-party lineup to be one of their strengths.

May 20, 2008
How does that work?

Crackdown 3 at retail: $40 to $60
Crackdown 3 on Game Pass: Free (with $10 monthly subscription, or $1 for the first month)
its simple. Even if someone only pays for one month to play Crackdown, chances are they will play other titles with the service too. The membership also lets Game pass members buy games at discount if they choose too. Either way its a win.
Unless your argument is that they don't need to make as much money as before to be successful but then why bother competing with Sony, Nintendo, Google or Amazon? No one is saying consumers aren't getting a great deal with Game Pass but...
But that's the thing. They aren't competing with Sony, Nintendo, Google or Amazon because none of them have anything like game pass right now. They are simply better than Sony and Nintendo when it comes to stuff like that. And next they will be launching their xcloud service too.

...but when one of the top reasons to invest in a new game console has always been to play great first-party games then you need Microsoft's first-party lineup to be one of their strengths.
Its not one of my top reasons. I want to play great games. I don't care if they're first party or not. Its things like xbox live, gamepass and features you get with xbox that you cant get anywhere else that matters to me too. And now that Microsoft has purchased more studios their first party is sure to improve. That is a bonus for me.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
its simple. Even if someone only pays for one month to play Crackdown, chances are they will play other titles with the service too. The membership also lets Game pass members buy games at discount if they choose too. Either way its a win.

But that's the thing. They aren't competing with Sony, Nintendo, Google or Amazon because none of them have anything like game pass right now. They are simply better than Sony and Nintendo when it comes to stuff like that. And next they will be launching their xcloud service too.
No, I'm aware that it's a great deal for consumers and I agree with you on that. My point was Microsoft wouldn't be making as much money with the average consumer paying only $10 versus the usual $60, right? Probably why they're trying to expand the service to other devices like Switch and mobile so that Game Pass becomes as profitable.

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
No, I'm aware that it's a great deal for consumers and I agree with you on that. My point was Microsoft wouldn't be making as much money with the average consumer paying only $10 versus the usual $60, right? Probably why they're trying to expand the service to other devices like Switch and mobile so that Game Pass becomes as profitable.
They also prey on those that never cancel their services and never use them. Same with Netflix, XBL, HULU, PSN+, etc.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
What are the chances the next system will be called Xbox Infinite, or simply Xbox? Especially considering their desire to phase out console generations.